Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Argos finally reach agreement with Greenwood

http://argonauts.ca/article/toronto-...mpaign=twitter

--

It was also announced that Harold Mutabola was removed from the PR. I can't say that I even knew a Harold Mutabola was on the PR.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    HELL YAH!!!! Doesn't it feel like we've been talking about him for longer then four years? Finally!!! Great news!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wonder if he'll play this weekend?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Would he back up Emry or play along side? Don't know much about him.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Exciting news!

Doubt he plays this week, how much of the playbook would he be able to grasp in such a short time? Maybe just in particular down and distance situations.

He could be a massive boost heading into the final two games and (fingers crossed) playoffs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Nice to see a vital member of that crucial 2010 draft come to terms. With both Emry and Yurichuk showing they can play, Greenwood should be on specials very very soon. I hope Greg Jones does get squeezed out similar to Zac Henderson.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    http://argonauts.ca/article/toronto-...mpaign=twitter

--

It was also announced that Harold Mutabola was removed from the PR. I can't say that I even knew a Harold Mutabola was on the PR.
    Good News! I had pretty well given up on this happening this year, thinking Greenwood would wait until his injuries had healed and to see if some NFL team would need someone of his talents later in the year. Kind of late to have much impact this year as I can't see him being in great game shape, but he caught on down there mainly on his ST strengths. I guess there is the possibility of 4 or 5 more games counting the playoffs and GC. So he could be seeing some playing time, but should be able to contribute right away on ST's.
    I would think a contract offer and a signing bonus has been on the table all year, but maybe JB upped the bonus money to finally get this done. The Argos needed another Canadian to back up or start at the LB position because of injuries changing the ratio. I think we will see more 34 defenses now with Emry, Greenwood, Yurichuk and Miles all available the play LB. So that is three Canadian starter positions on defense counting Gabriel at S and will allow two imports on the OLine if needed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Good News! I had pretty well given up on this happening this year, thinking Greenwood would wait until his injuries had healed and to see if some NFL team would need someone of his talents later in the year. Kind of late to have much impact this year as I can't see him being in great game shape, but he caught on down there mainly on his ST strengths. I guess there is the possibility of 4 or 5 more games counting the playoffs and GC. So he could be seeing some playing time, but should be able to contribute right away on ST's.
    I would think a contract offer and a signing bonus has been on the table all year, but maybe JB upped the bonus money to finally get this done. The Argos needed another Canadian to back up or start at the LB position because of injuries changing the ratio. I think we will see more 34 defenses now with Emry, Greenwood, Yurichuk and Miles all available the play LB. So that is three Canadian starter positions on defense counting Gabriel at S and will allow two imports on the OLine if needed.
    I like where you are going with this.

I really hope the Argos look for a D-Lineman or 2 in the draft. With the stregth of the Canadian LB core finding a quality back up for Laing would make the defensive side of the ball really strong on the non import side next season.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Wow -- fantastic news. I doubt he'll make a huge impact this season but hopefully he can at least contribute on specials. This is like signing Glenn Young 15 years ago, except I bet Greenwood ends up being better and more impactful.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

I really hope the Argos look for a D-Lineman or 2 in the draft. With the stregth of the Canadian LB core finding a quality back up for Laing would make the defensive side of the ball really strong on the non import side next season.
    In addition to drafting a DL prospect, the likes of Jabar Westerman is a FA next season, he may come back home. Wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton's Brian Bulcke becomes available as well with all the depth Hamilton has.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    HELL YAH!!!! Doesn't it feel like we've been talking about him for longer then four years? Finally!!! Great news!
    Drafted in 2010, so this is season five.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    In addition to drafting a DL prospect, the likes of Jabar Westerman is a FA next season, he may come back home. Wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton's Brian Bulcke becomes available as well with all the depth Hamilton has.
    Yeah that could be interesting to have another good DL guy to go with Laing. Westerman's brother who has played in the NFL with the Jets and Dolphins might be considered a "National" now under the new rules. He played high school football in Canada after the family moved here, but was considered an Import even though the two younger brothers are Nationals. If he was to take out Canadian citizenship before signing in the CFL he should be able to play as a National if I understand the new rules correctly. Might have to go through the CFL draft though first. The Argos had him on their neg list at one time.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Great news! It was beginning to feel like we were waiting for Godot.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:

Level

Great news on Greenwood - like top see what he can do on D soon as opposed to later, as well as making an impact on STs. Greenwood is an athletic speciman who could maybe play OLB (NIs given a chance there - like Pruneau and Sherman this year - have been very good = do away with the pencilled in for imports garbage)

As far as adding D-Line help via the draft = good idea. Argos need help at DT (i like Laing there though) - a few very good DT prospects up there next draft maybe: - Waud (Western), Tennant (Laval), LeBlanc (Mt. Allison) = all 300 pound plus guys = should be able to draft one of them if it is a priority need (who knowsÉ). I like Okpo & Whiteside at DE too, but a NI DE would be nice too.

Go with some impact player on O or D draft thinking please - not just O-Line depth or back-ups or special teamers type typical CFL myopic thinking in regards to NIs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Great news on Greenwood - like top see what he can do on D soon as opposed to later, as well as making an impact on STs. Greenwood is an athletic speciman who could maybe play OLB (NIs given a chance there - like Pruneau and Sherman this year - have been very good = do away with the pencilled in for imports garbage)

As far as adding D-Line help via the draft = good idea. Argos need help at DT (i like Laing there though) - a few very good DT prospects up there next draft maybe: - Waud (Western), Tennant (Laval), LeBlanc (Mt. Allison) = all 300 pound plus guys = should be able to draft one of them if it is a priority need (who knowsÉ). I like Okpo & Whiteside at DE too, but a NI DE would be nice too.

Go with some impact player on O or D draft thinking please - not just O-Line depth or back-ups or special teamers type typical CFL myopic thinking in regards to NIs.
    Nice to see you posting again!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Greenwood had a solid game on ST's today, would love to see a Greenwood, Emry, Jones Linebacking corps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    [QUOTE=OV Argo;54999]Great news on Greenwood - like top see what he can do on D soon as opposed to later, as well as making an impact on STs. Greenwood is an athletic speciman who could maybe play OLB (NIs given a chance there - like Pruneau and Sherman this year - have been very good = do away with the pencilled in for imports garbage)

This Waud kid at Western sounds impressive and is rated high in the draft around where the Argos will be picking. Unfortunately nobody seems to be televising the CIS games so far this year, so we could see him play. If they could land him the one DT position could be Canadian with Laing and Waud rotating in a 43 defense and they could then put an extra Canadian in at LB for the 34 defense. Either way they could go with three Canadian positions on defense so hopefully start another Import at receiver or on the O Line if Sewell isn't ready.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Good to see you back OV. We may disagree a lot, but I do enjoy reading your posts.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Good to see you back OV. We may disagree a lot, but I do enjoy reading your posts.
    I second that.