Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Concerning tweets from Arash Madani

I know that Madani is as negative as they come about the CFL these days (and he does work for Rogers) but I don't doubt what he is saying in the following tweets:

Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Whatever his employers' motives are I cannot really question anything that Madani tweeted.

While many have speculated that Cohon is aware of this, we don't know if and when any action will be taken.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Madani worked for the Ottawa Renegades so he knows what he speaks of regarding that particular tweet. Milanovich, many will remember, did not take the Argo HC job in '09 (which eventually went to Bart Andrus) because he did not like the Argo ownership situation at that time so I think that Madani is accurate that Milo will leave if the ownership situation doesn't improve. It looks like we can forget about seeing the likes of Alex Hall in Toronto as Braley is unlikely to shell out the money for such players.

Mark Cohon and the league really need to bring this issue to a head even if it means that the league has to pay Braley off to relinquish the franchise to MLSE. Argos fans have been through enough over the years and certainly do not deserve the current garbage that is going on.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I know that Madani is as negative as they come about the CFL these days (and he does work for Rogers) but I don't doubt what he is saying in the following tweets:
    Bad, bad scene emerging with the #Argos scene and the financial ways under the present Braley regime. #CFL
    — Arash Madani (@ArashMadani) September 1, 2014

#Argos source: "Owner is cheap as (&#$*). We got no bodies left. It's a joke. We practiced at three different locations last week."

#Argos source: "Meeting rooms at facility can't fit the team.We have curtains as dividers." Can't spend to bring NFL cuts w/ #CFL experience

Reading the tea leaves, if present #Argos ownership/leadership continues, my belief is Scott Milanovich won't return as head coach. #CFL

The #Argos are operating like the Renegades, straight outta ownership from "Major League." #CFL has not stepped in. Bad look everywhere.

Privately, Mark Cohon has told people that David Braley is not a good #Argos owner. Let's see if the #CFL commissioner acts before leaving.

Things seem to be coming to a head and Mark Cohon and the league really need to do something now, even if it means paying Braley to relinquish to the franchise to MLSE. BTW, regarding the tweet referring to the Ottawa Renegades, Madani worked for that organization so he knows first-hand of what he speaks of there.
    Thanks as always Ravi.
    I agree with everything he says.
    I posted this past week one of my concern is losing our coach (and I believe he is a good one) if things continue, the damage may already be done, for all of you Milanovich bashers who in their right mind would want to replace him if he leaves and current ownership stays, same for Jim Barker these are really good football men who have been completely neutered by this asshole ownership!!!!
    MLSE is no prize at times (see TFC current fiasco) but they at least have tons of cash and suitable facilities for our team.
    I am totally disgusted with this whole f**king mess right now, sometimes you have to wonder why we all get so bent out of shape when the owner truly doesn't seem to give a shit!!!

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Cohon was on the 1050 pregame show (missed the whole thing) and mentioned something like that the Argos need to move to BMO and that it looks like to be a matter of getting government funding, which is nothing new for some of us.

This is starting to get pretty serious.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I agree with everything Madani wrote. It is blindingly obvious that Braley is now worse than an absentee owner -- he is deliberately squeezing the organization of the oxygen it needs to operate. We are very close to a full-brown crisis. Cohon has to get this problem solved once and for all, and he doesn't have the remaining eight months of his term to do it. It needs to be done before this season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Cohon was on the 1050 pregame show (missed the whole thing) and mentioned something like that the Argos need to move to BMO and that it looks like to be a matter of getting government funding, which is nothing new for some of us.

This is starting to get pretty serious.
    It's way beyond "starting to." This crisis has been growing for months. And if Cohon et al really think govt money is going to magically be bestowed on MLSE to pave the way for us to move to BMO, they sure as hell better have a viable Plan B.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I'm sure that the league is loathe to buy the team even for $0, for perception reasons, so the crisis will probably have to become obvious before anything happens. Creating an obvious crisis in the hopes of improving his bargaining position may be Braley's strategy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I'm sure that the league is loathe to buy the team even for $0, for perception reasons, so the crisis will probably have to become obvious before anything happens. Creating an obvious crisis in the hopes of improving his bargaining position may be Braley's strategy.
    I believe that this situation is only going to get worse over the second half of the season and will overshadow the Grey Cup unless the league steps in and does something. Cohon and the BOG need to be proactive here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I believe that this situation is only going to get worse over the second half of the season and will overshadow the Grey Cup unless the league steps in and does something. Cohon and the BOG need to be proactive here.
    The mass assistant coaching exodus since the 2012 Grey Cup can also be explained which I'm sure is playing on Milanovich as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I can't say that I'm surprised. We had around 15 players on the IR and we were cutting healthy players. That screams Cost Cutting.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    What makes you say that, Neely? All of the recent personnel moves have been merit-based as far as I can see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    What makes you say that, Neely? All of the recent personnel moves have been merit-based as far as I can see.
    Our Receving Core has been decimated and we cut Sinkfield who in my opinion played well when he had a chance to play. I thought that Johnson played well enough too.

http://argonauts.ca/article/argonaut...august-26-2014

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    According to the Star's Bruce Arthur, there are six months left for this to get figured out: http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...on_arthur.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I can't say that I'm surprised. We had around 15 players on the IR and we were cutting healthy players. That screams Cost Cutting.
    thats crap. Every team spends to 99% of the Salary Cap every year. The league publishes numbers.

The problem is off the field cost cutting.
    As well, you also have healthy CFL clubs building training facilities using the Dallas Cowboys facility as the bar. If your a FA, where are you going to sign when you see the facilities built around the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    thats crap. Every team spends to 99% of the Salary Cap every year. The league publishes numbers.

As well, you also have healthy CFL clubs building training facilities using the Dallas Cowboys facility as the bar. If your a FA, where are you going to sign when you see the facilities built around the league.
    There is a higher cap this year and we don't know whether the Argos are spending to that limit or not. I suspect that they aren't. There is also a salary floor which teams cannot go under and I am guessing that the Argos are closer to the floor than the ceiling but that is only a guess.

I completely agree with you concerning the off-field spending and the facilities as the Argos have, far and away, the worst facilities in the league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post

Do you have a Link for this seasons numbers?

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    No way the Anderson release was a cost cutting move. Sinkflield didn't stand out and Jeremiah Johnson flat out stunk IMO. All deserving although Sinkfield perhaps could have stayed a bit longer. Underwood disappeared so no surprise there either.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The Tweets are dead on, it's not looking good...
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    About the tweet regarding the Argo meeting room being too small, I was under the impression the new practice facility was "State of the Art"? Why does this team constantly get hamstrung by owners?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    About the tweet regarding the Argo meeting room being too small, I was under the impression the new practice facility was "State of the Art"? Why does this team constantly get hamstrung by owners?
    I too am getting the vibe that the players and coaches were very excited to move into this new facility at Downsview and that it has turned out to be a massive disappointment after waiting for years to get something resembling professional-level facilities.