Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Does anyone live nearby the "Modular Buildings" that are in Downsview where the Argos have their offices? I would like to have an idea what they look like...does the team have a practise field there now...or soon?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Braley has been the owner since 2010 and what has he done to fix this mess? If you are a veteran player and a free agent do you sign with the Argos or do you go somewhere else where you have professional working conditions as opposed to high school ones? If this ownership situation isn't fixed by the end of the calendar year, the Argos will likely lose Milanovich at least and will have trouble retaining and attracting free agents. And who is going to want to step into this mess and be the head coach? Bart Andrus again?
    No, Bart Andrus was recently named the HC of a Community College in Northern California, Three Feathers Community College I believe, so stroke him off the list of coaches who may succeed a departed, disgrunted Milanovich....

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Now Naylor has his say - http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=460986
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I hope that the negative media attention - and, frankly, it appears to be accurate - will spur the league and Braley to rectify this situation by the end of the calendar year at the very latest. Gary Lawless has a good piece in the Winnipeg Free Press about the Braley problem: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...273890611.html
    Another must read for Argonauts fans.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Well this thread is getting more and more depressing as it goes. Hopefully, those that questioned my defence of Milanovich can now somewhat understand my stance.

I would love to hear Braley publically address the situation, but perhaps the only person he would let in on his thoughts is his biggest defender Invader.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Well this thread is getting more and more depressing as it goes. Hopefully, those that questioned my defence of Milanovich can now somewhat understand my stance.

I would love to hear Braley publically address the situation, but perhaps the only person he would let in on his thoughts is his biggest defender Invader.
    If you're referring to my I agreed with you about Milanovich. I just didn't agree with the way that you presented your opinion.

There are some quotes from Braley in the TSN article from Dave Naylor. (Post # 62 above)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    If you're referring to my I agreed with you about Milanovich. I just didn't agree with the way that you presented your opinion.

There are some quotes from Braley in the TSN article from Dave Naylor. (Post # 62 above)
    Thanks for that link. I must have missed originally. I was not referring to you. I get that some people don't like the way I posted what I did. It's the misguided abuse that Milanovich has taken that I was referring to.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Madani feels the need to take a potshot at TSN now as if his employer actually cares about the CFL and the Argos.
    I don't see that as a potshot at TSN at all. It is him pointing out that even the rights-holder (which in theory would be inclined to paper over problems) is reporting on the problems. When your biggest partner reports that the sky is falling, the sky really is falling. I have no evidence for this but I believe there has been a concerted effort this week by the league and Argo football ops to get this stuff into print, to put pressure on Braley. Nothing else seems to be working.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I don't see that as a potshot at TSN at all. It is him pointing out that even the rights-holder (which in theory would be inclined to paper over problems) is reporting on the problems. When your biggest partner reports that the sky is falling, the sky really is falling. I have no evidence for this but I believe there has been a concerted effort this week by the league and Argo football ops to get this stuff into print, to put pressure on Braley. Nothing else seems to be working.
    AM is right. This is a orchestrated public shaming of Braley by the league. I guess Cohen is trying to jump start MLSE talks

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yeah, this is a depressing thread but I do think that it's mostly accurate and I worry for the state of the franchise. Hopefully the players can use an "us against the world" or an "us against our owner" attitude and do it for the guys in the locker room.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    AM is right. This is a orchestrated public shaming of Braley by the league. I guess Cohen is trying to jump start MLSE talks
    If it truly is orchestrated (which I think it is) then good, keep turning up the heat!!
    I think seeing (and opening 2 stadiums) this season has hit home with the Argonaut players how crappy their plight is currently.
    As I have said before, I truly feel badly for Milanovich his coaching staff and Barker who are trying to hold things together and win ball games. If they leave (which sadly is a distinct possibility) what quality of coaching staff and GM do you think will replace them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    If it truly is orchestrated (which I think it is) then good, keep turning up the heat!!
    I think seeing (and opening 2 stadiums) this season has hit home with the Argonaut players how crappy their plight is currently.
    As I have said before, I truly feel badly for Milanovich his coaching staff and Barker who are trying to hold things together and win ball games. If they leave (which sadly is a distinct possibility) what quality of coaching staff and GM do you think will replace them.
    Braley has basically cut the budget to where he is break-even or marginally profitable. Lets say $16M operating budge down to $13M (including player cuts) + the $3M from the TV increase.

The league office is trying to stir the pot and get Braley of his high horse to get his price down. This is all Cohen ... maybe some BOG members. No way this is all over TSN's webpage if the league is not involved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    TSN's Matthew Scianatti tweeted a few pix of the Downsview facility today.

Aaargh, fighting with this for 20 minutes, how do you embed a tweet as in the first post in this thread? anyway - picture of the facility and neighbouring field here

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/sta...69724629082112

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/sta...70501020688384

Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    A transfer of ownership absolutely has to get done by December at the very latest. If it doesn't get done by then, the Argos will likely lose Milanovich and, possibly, Barker and will be hard-pressed to find anyone good to take the job of running this team, free agents will be difficult to retain and attract, no marketing of the team will be done in the off-season and few tickets will be sold, and the 2015 season may be 10 times worse than this one has been.

Some good incentive for Braley to get a deal done is that I am sure he doesn't want to have his Vancouver Grey Cup overshadowed by the Argos' problems, especially as ticket sales have been sluggish. If he wants the Grey Cup to be about the game itself rather than the Argos' problems, he should get a deal done by the end of October.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It looks like a school portable to me.

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

there was an artical on tsn about some of the vets on this team totally bitching about everything but stand by their coach and what he has to overcome everyday

A transfer of ownership absolutely has to get done by December at the very latest. If it doesn't get done by then, the Argos will likely lose Milanovich and, possibly, Barker and will be hard-pressed to find anyone good to take the job of running this team, free agents will be difficult to retain and attract, no marketing of the team will be done in the off-season and few tickets will be sold, and the 2015 season may be 10 times worse than this one has been.

Some good incentive for Braley to get a deal done is that I am sure he doesn't want to have his Vancouver Grey Cup overshadowed by the Argos' problems, especially as ticket sales have been sluggish. If he wants the Grey Cup to be about the game itself rather than the Argos' problems, he should get a deal done by the end of October.
    fact is Braley will make money on this years greycup regardless of what the problems in TO are.fact is he is still paying bills for the argos so very hard to pull team from him..yes if the league could some how run the team it would still be run the same (low budget)the big player in the game is TSN they are paying the new contract and without TO that money wont be there.Seem they have already started with articals about vets on the argos angry ,i hate reading them but i think it has to be said.sooner then later something will be done

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hopefully it works and doesn't backfire. It could just make Braley more stubborn and obstinate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    I ain't worried about the Argos. They are immortal.
    Grey cup 106. Newer and bluer meanies

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Sitting at the Calgary home game had me depressed. The future looked bleak with that tiny crowd. I haven't felt so low about my Argonauts and the future ever. I think everyone believes that somehow a miracle will happen and we'll magically be put in a new beautiful 30 thou seat stadium in the perfect location. Seems to me Braley has given up after his first attempt at selling the team. Seems like the whole organization is having it's life sucked out very slowly. If Ottawa can fold twice why can't we? Should Braley just wait around while nothing happens and we die a slow painful death it will indeed change my life. I will be finished wasting my time watching professional sports. The Argos are the only pro team that I really care about deep down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 723
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    I don't see that as a potshot at TSN at all. It is him pointing out that even the rights-holder (which in theory would be inclined to paper over problems) is reporting on the problems. When your biggest partner reports that the sky is falling, the sky really is falling.
    This isn't the first time he's called out "TSN" on twitter.

Do you think calling out your colleagues in the media world is going to earn you any respect? Matthew Scianitti reply pretty much sums out how TSN and the CFL world feels about that clown.