Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    And if Cohon et al really think govt money is going to magically be bestowed on MLSE to pave the way for us to move to BMO, they sure as hell better have a viable Plan B.
    Exactly! The feds are pretty tight.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wonder who the source is?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I wonder who the source is?
    Stephen Brunt and Marty York.

Rogers: Braley should just give the Argos away to nobody (who'd be a better owner than cheapie Braley who doesn't care about the CFL). How stupid of the Argos for take MLSE's offer to share their offices and practice field at Downsview (which wasn't completed on time, shame on the Argos), and that the Argos assistants C. Jones and M. O'Shea were hired as CFL head coaches (shame on the Argos who can't keep their assistants), blah, blah, blah.

Just consider the source of this Rogers vitriol before we jump on the "Argo-hate" bandwagon. Remember our forefathers used to burn witches at the stake, simply on the accusation of a sole witness.

The facts are Toronto would have no football team if Braley hadn't stepped up to buy the Argos and finance their operations. And that would suit Rogers and Madmani just fine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I too am getting the vibe that the players and coaches were very excited to move into this new facility at Downsview and that it has turned out to be a massive disappointment after waiting for years to get something resembling professional-level facilities.

they haven't even moved into downsview yet.
    how can people complain

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    they haven't even moved into downsview yet.
    how can people complain
    I think that the coaching staff has. Someone was saying that the meeting rooms are to small and they can't fit everyone in for team meetings.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I think that the coaching staff has. Someone was saying that the meeting rooms are to small and they can't fit everyone in for team meetings.
    come'on, this is commercial office space. Every internal wall is essentially "temporary". Its like $1500-$2000 to take down a wall or add a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Exactly! The feds are pretty tight.
    Don't understand where the $30M comes in to built retractable endzone seating.
    1. The argos won't use these seats anyways.
    2. BMO built the north end for only $2-3M
    3. MLSE and the argos knew that there was no chance the feds were going to contribute. Why did they only ask for $10m from the prov, when they contributed $22.5m to THF
    3. The argos should only pay for the cost of the dressing rooms and endzone fieldturf. Thats it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    come'on, this is commercial office space. Every internal wall is essentially "temporary". Its like $1500-$2000 to take down a wall or add a wall.
    1. Don't shoot the messenger.

2. It could be a load bearing wall or it could just be a small building with little or no room to expand.

3. Where are you getting your figures from?

4. Who's going to pay to renovate it if it is possible to do so?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    It's all very depressing, but not surprising. It pretty much sums up the rants I went on after the 2nd home game vs Calgary in an essentially empty stadium.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    1. Don't shoot the messenger.

2. It could be a load bearing wall or it could just be a small building with little or no room to expand.

3. Where are you getting your figures from?

4. Who's going to pay to renovate it if it is possible to do so?

whats with all the assinine questions. The Kia centre is a simple commercial building, changing layouts is very easy and cheap with these structures ... that what they are designed for. Normally the leaseholder would pay all costs, but depends on the lease.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    whats with all the assinine questions. The Kia centre is a simple commercial building, changing layouts is very easy and cheap with these structures ... that what they are designed for. Normally the leaseholder would pay all costs, but depends on the lease.
    So you think that our owner will be willing to pay?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    So you think that our owner will be willing to pay?
    He's already put in $1.5m according to the contract bids. I assuming its a coach who is bitching to AM ... so he should have got more involved in the planning and design of the facility.

Anyways, the point is with a commercial building its very easily and cheap to change layouts if its just walls.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    Stephen Brunt and Marty York.

Rogers: Braley should just give the Argos away to nobody (who'd be a better owner than cheapie Braley who doesn't care about the CFL). How stupid of the Argos for take MLSE's offer to share their offices and practice field at Downsview (which wasn't completed on time, shame on the Argos), and that the Argos assistants C. Jones and M. O'Shea were hired as CFL head coaches (shame on the Argos who can't keep their assistants), blah, blah, blah.

Just consider the source of this Rogers vitriol before we jump on the "Argo-hate" bandwagon. Remember our forefathers used to burn witches at the stake, simply on the accusation of a sole witness.

The facts are Toronto would have no football team if Braley hadn't stepped up to buy the Argos and finance their operations. And that would suit Rogers and Madmani just fine.
    Apart from hating on Madani and Rogers, and standing up in defence of Braley, what aspects of his specific tweets do you not believe to be true? Do you believe the team has the resources it needs to compete on the field? Do you believe Milanovich is just fine with his current contractual arrangement, and has not contemplated leaving if things don't improve?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Apart from hating on Madani and Rogers, and standing up in defence of Braley, what aspects of his specific tweets do you not believe to be true? Do you believe the team has the resources it needs to compete on the field? Do you believe Milanovich is just fine with his current contractual arrangement, and has not contemplated leaving if things don't improve?
    Milanovich signed a contract to coach the Argos and as far as I know his paycheques are good. If he's not happy with his contractural arrangement he should perhaps hire a better lawyer or agent next time to advise him. I dont think any of faults listed in Madani's serial Argo tweets can be blamed on the owner. He pays good money for managers and CEO's to run his teams.

Mr. Braley owns the business and can run it the way he sees fit. Should he loss $4 million instead of $2 million this year and keep under-performing staff members on the payroll? If anyone else thinks they can do better, put in a bid as the Argos are officially for sale.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Milanovich signed a contract to coach the Argos and as far as I know his paycheques are good. If he's not happy with his contractural arrangement he should perhaps hire a better lawyer or agent next time to advise him. I dont think any of faults listed in Madani's serial Argo tweets can be blamed on the owner. He pays good money for managers and CEO's to run his teams.

Mr. Braley owns the business and can run it the way he sees fit. Should he loss $4 million instead of $2 million this year and keep under-performing staff members on the payroll? If anyone else thinks they can do better, put in a bid as the Argos are officially for sale.
    I don't think that Paul meant that Milanovich is unhappy with his contract but rather that he is unhappy with his work conditions and that seems to be a running theme with the Argos currently. It isn't just the likes of Madani and Simmons who are reporting about what a horrible owner Braley is being but anyone who is reporting on the team can see this. Braley is running the franchise into the ground at the moment and the league desperately needs to do something about it a.s.a.p.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I dont think any of faults listed in Madani's serial Argo tweets can be blamed on the owner. He pays good money for managers and CEO's to run his teams.

He may or may not pay "good money" to his CEO (any idea how good?) but the team has canned two important senior managers without replacing them, and allowed a third to walk, again without replacement. If you have evidence that any of those folks were "under-performing," I'd love to hear it (privately by PM since I'm sure you are sensible enough not to do so publicly). I'm asserting that two of the three, with whom I have worked directly, were not under-performing and were in fact doing their mightiest to help the team succeed despite being hamstrung by lack of money. As for "Mr. Braley owns the business and can run it the way he sees fit," sure that's true. But if running it the way he sees fit means running it into the ground, which some of us (and some media members other than Madani and Simmons) believe to be the case, then should we just sit back quietly and watch it happen?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I see that the Invader/Braley love in is still in effect.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    A lot of people seem real eager to spend Braley's money for him and have him ring up more $ loses. Believing if only Braley wouldn't cut every thing to the bone then everything would be fine is about as smart as saying if only more fans would show up, everything would be fine and they would be except that no one knows how to get 25k out of a population of 6 million to come to a game.

Since there aren't any billionaires lining up to buy the Argos, why don't you Braley Bashers go on to Riderfans.com and ask them to start a petition to have the CFL buy the team from Braley. I'm almost sure that Rider Nation and fans from around the CFL as well as team owners won't mind supporting the Argos and spending $ that Brayley refuses to spend.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    It looks like this story has legs:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cf...201204352.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    A lot of people seem real eager to spend Braley's money for him and have him ring up more $ loses. Believing if only Braley wouldn't cut every thing to the bone then everything would be fine is about as smart as saying if only more fans would show up, everything would be fine and they would be except that no one knows how to get 25k out of a population of 6 million to come to a game.

Since there aren't any billionaires lining up to buy the Argos, why don't you Braley Bashers go on to Riderfans.com and ask them to start a petition to have the CFL buy the team from Braley. I'm almost sure that Rider Nation and fans from around the CFL as well as team owners won't mind supporting the Argos and spending $ that Brayley refuses to spend.
    If you are happy with the way things are in Argoland good for you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    My interpretation is that Andrew just repeated Madanis comments. This article could have been written last year and the year before. He has commented that he doesn't have access to the financials.
    I'm not sure the legs of the story are any different than before.

I know the Argos are not in a good situation .... I see it hasn't changed over the past years .... Maybe bad press is better than no press, but if you are wanting to promote the Argos, I personally don't like bad press especially when one knows the dynamics of the media and their relationships to the CFL around the GTA.