Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Really? A home game in Fort McMurray, Alta? Have we sunk that low? I would rather play it in Moncton or Hamilton. What an F'N joke. Get us the hell out of the dome.

Need to call my rep now. Will this decrease the price of my ST's by 10%
    I fail to see how they can even call this a "home game" when it is not even played in the same province that the team is located in. Are they going to pay for our flights and accommodation to attend the game?

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Just brutal. What happens if the Jays make the playoffs? I know its not likely, but you never know. We need to get out of the Dome ASAP.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Really? A home game in Fort McMurray, Alta? Have we sunk that low? I would rather play it in Moncton or Hamilton. What an F'N joke. Get us the hell out of the dome.

Need to call my rep now. Will this decrease the price of my ST's by 10%
    I already sent an Email asking about this. Not impressed!

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Here's the explanation:

With the release of the 2015 CFL schedule today the new season is soon upon us – just a little more than four months from now! Our 2015 home schedule has a number of highlights. We welcome the return of the Labour Day re-match on September 11 against Hamilton, we will see Ottawa play twice at Rogers Centre this year as we begin to re-establish the long-time football rivalry between the two cities, and 7 of 8 regular season home games will be played on either Friday night, Saturday or Sunday.
    It is important to note that we are kicking off our regular season in Fort McMurray, Alberta at scenic SMS Equipment Stadium at Shell Place. While we are excited to participate in Northern Kickoff and help grow the CFL in other Canadian markets, we would like to provide you with an explanation as to why we have made the unusual decision to move a home game. There were limited available dates at Rogers Centre this summer due in part to the highly anticipated 2015 PAN/Parapan Am Games, as well as the Blue Jays schedule, concerts and other Rogers Centre events. In addition to those challenges, Canada welcomes the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup which has directly impacted available dates in most CFL markets in June and part of July. In lieu of these limitations, we began exploring our options and Fort McMurray and the Wood Buffalo Region in Alberta stepped forward and offered a location with a stadium that is both ready for CFL football and available. For this game, we have created a limited number of hotel and ticket packages for Argos fans from around Canada who wish to join us for the first regular season CFL game in northern Alberta. We encourage you to call your ticket representative for specific details, including pricing.
    We are also pleased to announce that all season ticket holders, who are paid in full as of June 1, 2015, will be entered into a draw to win one of five trips for two to see your Argos play live in the Northern Kickoff! Each trip will include transportation to and from Fort McMurray, Alberta on the team charter, two tickets to the game, two nights hotel stay and $200 spending money.
    Thank you for committing early as an Argonauts season ticket holder. Your package will now include:
    >
    A ticket to the Argos’ home pre-season game at Varsity Stadium in Toronto
    >
    Tickets to eight regular season Argos home games at Rogers Centre
    >
    A ticket to a potential Argos home playoff game in 2015*
    >
    Two bonus tickets to the 2015 Home Opener on August 8 vs. Saskatchewan
    >
    Exciting benefits and quality service from your personal sales representative
    *A credit will be applied to your account for future Argos ticket purchases in the event the Argonauts do not host a home playoff game in 2015.
    Finally, Rogers Centre has informed us that they will remodel most of the seats in the 200 Level of the stadium this spring. The new seats will remain larger than the seats in the 100 Level, and those that had a cup holder last season will still have one included, but not all seats will be padded as they have been in the past. Seats in the Club VIP 200 Level Lounge in the South Endzone will remain padded.
    The CFL schedule maker did a very good job of preparing this year’s schedule considering the number of major events being hosted in Canada this summer. As we considered available dates, we worked hard to ensure that the needs of our fans and our football team were put at the forefront.
    Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in the stands.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    No July home games and 4 October home games. Only 3 weekend home games.
    Which means that our Home Opener isn't until August 8th!!!

WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Here's the explanation:

With the release of the 2015 CFL schedule today the new season is soon upon us – just a little more than four months from now! Our 2015 home schedule has a number of highlights. We welcome the return of the Labour Day re-match on September 11 against Hamilton, we will see Ottawa play twice at Rogers Centre this year as we begin to re-establish the long-time football rivalry between the two cities, and 7 of 8 regular season home games will be played on either Friday night, Saturday or Sunday.
    It is important to note that we are kicking off our regular season in Fort McMurray, Alberta at scenic SMS Equipment Stadium at Shell Place. While we are excited to participate in Northern Kickoff and help grow the CFL in other Canadian markets, we would like to provide you with an explanation as to why we have made the unusual decision to move a home game. There were limited available dates at Rogers Centre this summer due in part to the highly anticipated 2015 PAN/Parapan Am Games, as well as the Blue Jays schedule, concerts and other Rogers Centre events. In addition to those challenges, Canada welcomes the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup which has directly impacted available dates in most CFL markets in June and part of July. In lieu of these limitations, we began exploring our options and Fort McMurray and the Wood Buffalo Region in Alberta stepped forward and offered a location with a stadium that is both ready for CFL football and available. For this game, we have created a limited number of hotel and ticket packages for Argos fans from around Canada who wish to join us for the first regular season CFL game in northern Alberta. We encourage you to call your ticket representative for specific details, including pricing.
    We are also pleased to announce that all season ticket holders, who are paid in full as of June 1, 2015, will be entered into a draw to win one of five trips for two to see your Argos play live in the Northern Kickoff! Each trip will include transportation to and from Fort McMurray, Alberta on the team charter, two tickets to the game, two nights hotel stay and $200 spending money.
    Thank you for committing early as an Argonauts season ticket holder. Your package will now include:
    >
    A ticket to the Argos’ home pre-season game at Varsity Stadium in Toronto
    >
    Tickets to eight regular season Argos home games at Rogers Centre
    >
    A ticket to a potential Argos home playoff game in 2015*
    >
    >

*A credit will be applied to your account for future Argos ticket purchases in the event the Argonauts do not host a home playoff game in 2015.
    Finally, Rogers Centre has informed us that they will remodel most of the seats in the 200 Level of the stadium this spring. The new seats will remain larger than the seats in the 100 Level, and those that had a cup holder last season will still have one included, but not all seats will be padded as they have been in the past. Seats in the Club VIP 200 Level Lounge in the South Endzone will remain padded.
    The CFL schedule maker did a very good job of preparing this year’s schedule considering the number of major events being hosted in Canada this summer. As we considered available dates, we worked hard to ensure that the needs of our fans and our football team were put at the forefront.
    Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in the stands.
    So since I have 2 Season Tickets does that mean that I get 4 "Bonus Tickets" to the 2015 Home Opener?

Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    Just brutal. What happens if the Jays make the playoffs? I know its not likely, but you never know. We need to get out of the Dome ASAP.
    Then we can bump This Thread:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...-make-playoffs

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    So since I have 2 Season Tickets does that mean that I get 4 "Bonus Tickets" to the 2015 Home Opener?
    Not likely.

The good news is that our playoff tickets are now already paid for. And i love all the Friday Night games, they are always more fun.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    >

That should bump up the attendance to around 4,500 that night.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well so called Argo Hero from a few years back has totally turned out to be one very large TOOL! David Braley that is. He has screwed around for over a year now while the Argos sink. The last nail will surely be hammered in the Argo coffin very soon.

I had to just say WTFF when I heard the news about the Argos playing in that HUGE North American DEADZONE called Fort Mac. I wouldn't go there if my life depended on it. I'm surprised that Sh!tpit has a stadium. That in itself is a slap in the face to the Argonauts and it's fans. F this whole scene.

Braley you are one ....... .... ... ......

SAD SHITE indeed.

Oh and this will get people to fill the stadium on Augs 8th. hahaha. Grey Cup 100 seems like 20 years ago at this point.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That should bump up the attendance to around 4,500 that night.
    On the other hand, if the Argos come into that game at 5-1, what with Sasky being the top draw, there could be 30,000 people there. The marketers call it pent-up demand.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    this schedule is one big competitive disadvantage. Playing our arch-rivals on the road twice, giving away a home game and who knows what else I've missed in terms of turnaround time between games. Not happy and the odds of me renewing my seasons has dropped to about 0% now (in fairness it was about 10-20% before). Hard for the Argos to be competitive on the football side of things when their own front office gives it away like this - pathetic.

EDIT - i see we have hamilton at home Sept. 11 so one complaint down - several more to go....
    Last edited by mchesher03; 02-13-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Braley's running The Good Ship Argonaut to the bottom of Lake Ontario. He is the problem.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Braley's running The Good Ship Argonaut to the bottom of Lake Ontario. He is the problem.
    Agreed. At the very least in stead of pretending to ponder about perhaps building his own stadium, he should have worked out a lease at BMO, as soon as the news was out that the Dome would not be their home in the future. They likely would have been playing out of BMO this year be it under his ownership or MLSE's.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not likely.

The good news is that our playoff tickets are now already paid for. And i love all the Friday Night games, they are always more fun.
    Confirmed with my Account Representative that it's Per Season Ticket so since I have 2 Season Tickets I get:

>
    2 tickets to the Argos’ home pre-season game at Varsity Stadium in Toronto
    >
    2 tickets to eight regular season Argos home games at Rogers Centre
    >
    2 tickets to a potential Argos home playoff game in 2015*
    >
    4 bonus tickets to the 2015 Home Opener on August 8 vs. Saskatchewan
    >

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    No conflicts for me, just one back to back on October 17. Fort McMurray being a home game is unfortunate but it has happened in the past with Moncton.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    As bad as it is, I'm glad that we are not the only team in the CFL without a home game in July....Hamilton's home opener isn't until Aug. 3 (vs. Toronto). So it looks like this year we really can't blame our owner or Rogers Centre for giving us a crap schedule in the first month of the season; it's the Pan Am games that are screwing us over!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    ok....just curious....

im actually excited about the fort mac game, im wondering how to grab single game tickets for it? (not a package/hotel deal) . I'd drive my RV.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Boatman
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I know it's always a tough schedule for Argo fans, but every team has something to complain about. Esks have their byes in the second week and last week of the season. 17 straight games without a bye.

Having said that - Rogers sucks - you need to get out of that stadium.
    Support CFL league & team sponsors by buying their stuff!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    SOOOOO......

The Eskies are playing Sask in the same Fort Mac Stadium on June 13th....so 2 weeks in a row for the Eskies in Oil country.

Looks better than Varsity, or BMO
    http://www.macdonaldisland.ca/shell-place/about
    Last edited by argonaut11xx; 02-13-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Boatman
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    Level
    I love how they are trying to call the Friday, Sept 11th game a "Labour Day Classic" game.!!!!

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Good excuse for me to go back to Alberta. I actually prefer home games in the fall, since that is a boring time for me. Summer is too hectic.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.