Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Argo's home attendance is already horrid.

Yeah things can't get much horrid then what the two idiots Bradley/rudge have done with this franchise. They have pretty much killed any new or old fans with the team.the remaining 2-3000 fans are your hardcore fans who will never disappear from this team no matter how screwed up things can get with the two clowns.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    All the more reason for me to drum up some fun and bring more people to the games ..... Sorry I refuse to be a pessimist😄

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Better question should be: Predictions on Argo attendance at home games if they keep playing this shitty brand of football.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    What home games? After Friday, we may not have another one until November.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    What home games? After Friday, we may not have another one until November.
    Good point, Paul.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Yes, but Rogers will have much less ability to screw over the Argos there.
    Kind of. Rogers will only get 37.5% of that rent, with the other 62.5% going back to the Argos owners based on ownership percentage of MLSE.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It could be another bad night for attendance, perhaps partly saved by Ticat fans salivating at the opportunity to hopefully watch a repeat of Monday's game.

On the heels of their lowest home crowd since 2003, the Toronto Argonauts are facing one of their top draws Friday night in the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (TSN1, 7:30 p.m.).

But the Argos aren’t expecting their biggest crowd of the season. That came opening day when the Rogers Centre attendance was announced at 20,642 for the game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

One reason for another lower-than-expected attendance Friday? The Argos face a loaded calendar competing for a sports fan’s attention:

The Blue Jays are in New York in an AL East showdown against the Yankees for what some describe as the most important series in two decades for Toronto’s MLB franchise (Sportsnet, 7 p.m.).

Canada, led by Andrew Wiggins, is in Mexico to take on Venezuela in the Olympic qualifying men’s basketball tournament. If Canada wins, it will claim an Olympic berth for the first time since 2000 (TSN4, 7 p.m.).

A world title bout at Ricoh Coliseum between Adonis (Superman) Stevenson and Tommy Karpency. Donovan (Razor) Ruddock, 51, is also fighting Dillon Carman on the undercard.

Men’s and women’s semifinals, U.S. Open tennis tournament (TSN2, 3 p.m.).

When the Argos announced that only 14,748 spectators turned out on a gorgeous August day last month with the Ottawa Redblacks, it was the lowest attendance in Toronto since 2003.

There was good reason back then.

A few days earlier, on Aug. 14, a massive blackout that struck northeastern North America crippled Ontario in 2003.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...rts-night.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Yeah things can't get much horrid then what the two idiots Bradley/rudge have done with this franchise. They have pretty much killed any new or old fans with the team.the remaining 2-3000 fans are your hardcore fans who will never disappear from this team no matter how screwed up things can get with the two clowns.
    IF one of the Toronto NFL wannabe owners could ever secure the "Argonaut" name for a Toronto NFL team, the CFL would be dead, and those "hardcore fans" would be won over in a few seasons.
    Sad but true
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Boatman
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    IF one of the Toronto NFL wannabe owners could ever secure the "Argonaut" name for a Toronto NFL team, the CFL would be dead, and those "hardcore fans" would be won over in a few seasons.
    Sad but true
    no and no sorry.
    first Brailey took over the team to save it .Cant say i ever saw an artical from him that he was gonna turn the franchise around.he made his money on BC and TO greycups now he is done .
    Rudge didnt have the money to market .
    imagine if he did not and the cfl ran the team ,we all saw how that worked .
    The NFL in Toronto is as close to ever happening as winters here in Winnipeg being warmer than Florida
    The Argos have had shitty attendence many years,this one i blame on Pan am games and whether or not any games can be played at home.
    Attendance can turn around.Keith Peiley (spell check) did an amazing job in a very short time.It can be done again and i think it will.
    I have been to many a greycup but the last one in Toronto was probaly the best i have been to. tons of argo fans.they will come back

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    It could be another bad night for attendance, perhaps partly saved by Ticat fans salivating at the opportunity to hopefully watch a repeat of Monday's game.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...rts-night.html
    Each Argo game since the Blue Jays made all those deals (minus 08/08 vs Saskatchewan) have directly competed with each other.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Perhaps I missed it. I heard nothing at the game, nor on argonaut.ca -- and no announcement that I am aware of, but you don't notice as much when you're in your seventies. Sometimes you even forget what you have noticed. What I am looking for is Rudge's announcement of the Argo plans for October, for any dates that they get booted out of Rogers Scenter. He promised it for September 11, and I thought he said 'at the game". Did I miss it ?
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    Perhaps I missed it. I heard nothing at the game, nor on argonaut.ca -- and no announcement that I am aware of, but you don't notice as much when you're in your seventies. Sometimes you even forget what you have noticed. What I am looking for is Rudge's announcement of the Argo plans for October, for any dates that they get booted out of Rogers Scenter. He promised it for September 11, and I thought he said 'at the game". Did I miss it ?
    I was wondering that myself. Although I don't think that it was ever said for sure that it would be announced on the 11th. It was just rumoured.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    No, it was more than a rumour.

Rudge hopes the Argos will be in position Sept. 11 when they host Hamilton at Rogers Centre to announce their contingency plans.

"That's not cast in stone yet . . . but that's kind of a target right now," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...lton-1.3195882

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    No, it was more than a rumour.

Rudge hopes the Argos will be in position Sept. 11 when they host Hamilton at Rogers Centre to announce their contingency plans.

"That's not cast in stone yet . . . but that's kind of a target right now," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...lton-1.3195882
    Okay perhaps rumour wasn't the right word but it wasn't confirmed. They "Hoped" and it's "Not cast in stone" and is "Kind of a target".

Regardless it would be nice if they let us know soon. I guess I'll ask my Rep again and let him tell me that they don't know again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Yes, and it was the team president who put that date out there and created expectations within the fanbase. Kudos to Rudge for answering the reporter's question, but he had to know the org would look bad if the date came and went without an update. I would really like to know what they are doing for STHs for any game that gets moved. Are we being offered tickets? Refunds? Credits for next year? All of the above? This is where having a professional communications executive would come in handy, but oops, Beth Waldman was let go last year.

I'd also like to know how they are dealing with STHs for the move to BMO. Realize the new owners are not in place yet, and they probably don't want to detract from the org's limited ability to sell tickets this season, but I really want to know how they are treating their most loyal paying customers. I intend to upgrade to more expensive tickets, but without knowing what priority I will have for selection there's no certainty I'll actually want to do so.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Yes, and it was the team president who put that date out there and created expectations within the fanbase. Kudos to Rudge for answering the reporter's question, but he had to know the org would look bad if the date came and went without an update. I would really like to know what they are doing for STHs for any game that gets moved. Are we being offered tickets? Refunds? Credits for next year? All of the above? This is where having a professional communications executive would come in handy, but oops, Beth Waldman was let go last year.

I'd also like to know how they are dealing with STHs for the move to BMO. Realize the new owners are not in place yet, and they probably don't want to detract from the org's limited ability to sell tickets this season, but I really want to know how they are treating their most loyal paying customers. I intend to upgrade to more expensive tickets, but without knowing what priority I will have for selection there's no certainty I'll actually want to do so.
    Agreed on all counts.

I asked about that very thing numerous times and this is the last response that I got:

Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:02 PM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Toronto Argonauts

Hello , We haven’t discussed with new ownership group that takes over on January 1st so I would assume renewals for 2016 will be delayed compared to the past few years.* I can’t wait to get in there and hope to pick my seats asap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Agreed on all counts.

I asked about that very thing numerous times and this is the last response that I got:

Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:02 PM
    To:

Hello , We haven’t discussed with new ownership group that takes over on January 1st so I would assume renewals for 2016 will be delayed compared to the past few years.* I can’t wait to get in there and hope to pick my seats asap.
    Here's the latest response:

Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 10:44 AM
    To:

I’m/we are anticipating an announcement in the next few days.* Unfortunately I have been away and haven’t heard a thing.

Rob Richardson
    Manager, Client Services
    Toronto Argonauts Football Club:

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    On ticketmaster for the Oct. 6 game vs. Ottawa it state 'no tickets available right now'.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/toronto-a...ink=edp_onsale

Safe to say the game is not sold out and a stop sale is in order. Announcement on the alternate plan is expected anytime now but overdue IMO.
    Last edited by Mightygoose; 09-16-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Clearly that game is not being played in Toronto. The Argos need to at least say what happens to existing tickets, even if they are not prepared to say where the game will be played. This has gone on far too long.

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    While I concede that playing the game in Hamilton is not ideal at all, I can stomach it more than having to play in Ottawa where the Rough Riders have a strong home field advantage. Kobayashi Maru!

Uh oh

Last edited by Will; 09-16-2015 at 04:34 PM.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022