Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

Darian Durant done for the year

CFL.CA is reporting that Durant tore a tendon in his elbow that will require surgery and he is out for the year. Personally, I hope they lose the rest of their games, as I genuinely like Durant and would love to show his haters just how valuable he is.

http://cfl.ca/article/durant-to-unde...on-likely-over
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I thought he had a tendon injury right after the collision happened. Been there ... I've injured my arm in likely the same place as his ... not fun, but you can heal 100% in time.
    As for the "Wheat Farmers", I hope they lose all their remaining games also. I just want them to lose, period.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 959
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I hope the Riders beat Hamilton from pillar to post on Sunday....after that they can go winless.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    The injury really opens things up for the Bombers and Lions. It was shaping up to be a fight between those two for the last playoff spot in the west but know this could open the door for both of them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    CFL.CA is reporting that Durant tore a tendon in his elbow that will require surgery and he is out for the year. Personally, I hope they lose the rest of their games, as I genuinely like Durant and would love to show his haters just how valuable he is.

He has his critics to be sure but a big, loud "F#?K!!!" was heard all over the province today.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I was really looking forward to a Sask / Calgary show down in the playoffs....they seem like the best two teams... he seems like a good guy....hate to see a good player get hurt.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stouffvillain View Post
    The injury really opens things up for the Bombers and Lions. It was shaping up to be a fight between those two for the last playoff spot in the west but know this could open the door for both of them.
    Speaking of the Lions, Travis Lulay is probably out for the season as well as he has, according to the Lions' team doctor, undid any of the good that his shoulder surgery did. Lulay is holding out hope that he can avoid another surgery and perhaps return later in the season but I would think that he would be severely restricted in the kinds of throws he could make.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I hope the Riders beat Hamilton from pillar to post on Sunday....after that they can go winless.
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Speaking of the Lions, Travis Lulay is probably out for the season as well as he has, according to the Lions' team doctor, undid any of the good that his shoulder surgery did. Lulay is holding out hope that he can avoid another surgery and perhaps return later in the season but I would think that he would be severely restricted in the kinds of throws he could make.
    Anyone - including Lulay - that would endorse or even seriously contemplate a return to the gridiron this season is an idiot.

Durant isn't a liability, that's for sure : )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    Personally, I hope they lose the rest of their games, as I genuinely like Durant and would love to show his haters just how valuable he is.
    Count me as one of those Durant 'dislikers" He's been placed in a very good system with a very good oline and some receivers who can actually get open & catch the ball.

Durant is a career sub 90 QB rating. (had 2 seasons above 90) and likely won't hit 50,000 passing yards for his career in the CFL.
    In terms of what's getting him by is the excellent rushing they are getting.

Durant has the second lowest completion % this year (Burris is number 1, and there have been ALOT of drops) and the lowest yards passed this year in terms of QB's who have played the entire season. Had Reilly, Collroas/LeFevour not got injured and Montreal figured out that Crompton probably should have been the number 1 out of camp Durant would be last or second last in most QB stats.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Personally, I hope they lose the rest of their games, as I genuinely despise the Saskatchewan Roughriders like no other professional sports franchise other than perhaps the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens. I am now at the point where (sacrilege) I cheer for Hamilton if they are up against the Green Riders.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Personally, I hope they lose the rest of their games, as I genuinely despise the Saskatchewan Roughriders like no other professional sports franchise other than perhaps the Ottawa Senators and Montreal Canadiens. I am now at the point where (sacrilege) I cheer for Hamilton if they are up against the Green Riders.
    . Why do you hate us?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    Count me as one of those Durant 'dislikers" He's been placed in a very good system with a very good oline and some receivers who can actually get open & catch the ball.

Durant is a career sub 90 QB rating. (had 2 seasons above 90) and likely won't hit 50,000 passing yards for his career in the CFL.
    In terms of what's getting him by is the excellent rushing they are getting.

Durant has the second lowest completion % this year (Burris is number 1, and there have been ALOT of drops) and the lowest yards passed this year in terms of QB's who have played the entire season. Had Reilly, Collroas/LeFevour not got injured and Montreal figured out that Crompton probably should have been the number 1 out of camp Durant would be last or second last in most QB stats.
    I never look at stats as be all and end all. He is a warrior. He plays hurt a lot, and will do whatever is needed to win. He doesn't run as much as he could, but he gets a lot of very important first downs late when needed to move the chains. Pesonally, I don't think his receivers are anywhere near as good as some make them out to be. I would put Calgary's way ahead of theirs, but Durant has led his team to more GC appearances over the last few years than any of Calgary's QB's. I will concede that his O-Line is very, very good. I would put him in the top 3 in the league, for sure. And lastly, he checks his EGO at the door. A lot of QB's would not be willing to hand the ball off and not throw as much, as it can hurt them stats wise in terms of bonus money and future big mone contracts. He is a leader that makes his players want to succeed for him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I never look at stats as be all and end all. He is a warrior. He plays hurt a lot, and will do whatever is needed to win. He doesn't run as much as he could, but he gets a lot of very important first downs late when needed to move the chains. Pesonally, I don't think his receivers are anywhere near as good as some make them out to be. I would put Calgary's way ahead of theirs, but Durant has led his team to more GC appearances over the last few years than any of Calgary's QB's. I will concede that his O-Line is very, very good. I would put him in the top 3 in the league, for sure. And lastly, he checks his EGO at the door. A lot of QB's would not be willing to hand the ball off and not throw as much, as it can hurt them stats wise in terms of bonus money and future big mone contracts. He is a leader that makes his players want to succeed for him.
    . He's very unselfish too. When he renewed his contract in the off season he took a little less pay so there was cap space to resign Heenan and Brackenridge for 2015.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    . He's very unselfish too. When he renewed his contract in the off season he took a little less pay so there was cap space to resign Heenan and Brackenridge for 2015.
    Great gesture, but I think someone took advantage of his kindness there. I mean, Why would he have needed to do that? That team is over the cap every year, and that's not including the unofficial cash thrown their way by supporters of the team.

Ahhh...must be nice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Says a lot about him and the Riders organization, they have built quite a "family" culture there, any negativity towards your team (I admittedly feel the same sometimes) is born out of envy, wish we had the same here!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads

Level
    He got a big signing bonus but low base salary, he's probably still in the top 4 paid in the league. Saying that's unselfish is incorrect.

Also, because of the low base salary now that he's out for the season less money is going back into the team down the stretch in available cap space. Unlike BC Lions with Travis Lulay, now they can afford to make some moves at the deadline to take on cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Says a lot about him and the Riders organization, they have built quite a "family" culture there, any negativity towards your team (I admittedly feel the same sometimes) is born out of envy, wish we had the same here!!!
    No born of envy for most, born out of 'rider nation' telling us that they support the their team better than you support your team.

That's akin to telling other guys that you're a better father than he is.

We are all in the league as fans together, no fan of a team is better than anyone else.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I cheer for Hamilton if they are up against the Green Riders.
    Is there still such a thing as "The Green Riders" ... remember Ottawa had the "Roughriders" name first, and then Saskatchewan wouldn't let them revive the the name "Ottawa Roughriders" with their new team. Sooo, there is only one Roughriders now. : (
    Saskatchewan should have been made to change their name ... Wheat Farmers?

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Is there still such a thing as "The Green Riders" ... remember Ottawa had the "Roughriders" name first, and then Saskatchewan wouldn't let them revive the the name "Ottawa Roughriders" with their new team. Sooo, there is only one Roughriders now. : (
    Saskatchewan should have been made to change their name ... Wheat Farmers?
    Only with Rod Black.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder View Post
    He got a big signing bonus but low base salary, he's probably still in the top 4 paid in the league. Saying that's unselfish is incorrect.

Also, because of the low base salary now that he's out for the season less money is going back into the team down the stretch in available cap space. Unlike BC Lions with Travis Lulay, now they can afford to make some moves at the deadline to take on cap.

No born of envy for most, born out of 'rider nation' telling us that they support the their team better than you support your team.

That's akin to telling other guys that you're a better father than he is.

We are all in the league as fans together, no fan of a team is better than anyone else.
    When talking attendance figures they do in fact support their team more, envy in the fact that they draw 30k+ per game.
    Argo fans that do show up to the games or post here are as committed for sure but attendance #'s don't lie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    When talking attendance figures they do in fact support their team more, envy in the fact that they draw 30k+ per game.
    Argo fans that do show up to the games or post here are as committed for sure but attendance #'s don't lie.
    However the pro sports entertainment scene facilitates that. If an NHL team shows up here in the next 20 to 30 years, I would bet that the Riders would slowly take a back seat to the NHL.