Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the marketing "geniuses" who decide what's put on air know their demographics. Gamblers and hype monkeys. I've listened to guys like Mike Hogan, and I know if guys like him had carte blanche he would only talk about things that he was interested in, and/or was knowledgeable in and/or that *true sports fans were interested in. That probably played out fine when there were so many independent media outlets. Now that nearly every major media outlet is owned by a few select conglomerates, there are only 2 things that are important. Ratings, and corporate propaganda. Guys like Hogan are only around still because he's a pretty damn knowledgeable guy, that people from many sports backgrounds respect. The people who replace him will be more often than not corporate shills. Someone needs to resurrect Jim Hunt. Damn I loved that guy.
    While I wouldn't agree that what you said is true in every case, you couldn't have said it better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    While I wouldn't agree that what you said is true in every case, you couldn't have said it better.
    Nothing is true in every case, just generally speaking. But thanks.