Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    McClown was never a CFL fan, however he claims his interest was peaked when he was unsuccessful in getting or being part of a CFL team while living in Vegas early in the 90's.
    There was a minor increase in the league during the C & S ownership group when he was a part of the GC committee.
    Anyway who cares about this clown and the Rogers brand.
    So why is TSN1050's coverage so lacking?

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Just to nip this in the bud.

I don't know what else you're looking for, but I was IN the draft room on Tuesday night. I did post-draft interviews with both Barker and Milanovich.

The next night we had Milanovich on again.

Oh ya, I also wrote a 2,500 word breakdown on the draft night - again from INSIDE the war room - for TSN.ca, something that has generated ZERO comments on this website.

Before you go blasting away, get your facts straight.

Hogan

Boatman
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Hi Hogie,

You do a good job of talking Argos and CFL on TSN radio and Mike Richards does a little bit but Macko and Cauz, Brian Hayes and Dave Naylor are brutal. Naylor is supposed to be the CFL Insider. How does he get that. He loves the NFL!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    McClown was never a CFL fan, however he claims his interest was peaked when he was unsuccessful in getting or being part of a CFL team while living in Vegas early in the 90's.
    There was a minor increase in the league during the C & S ownership group when he was a part of the GC committee.
    Anyway who cares about this clown and the Rogers brand.
    If no one cares what McCown says why keep commenting on it??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan View Post

I don't know what else you're looking for, but I was IN the draft room on Tuesday night. I did post-draft interviews with both Barker and Milanovich.

Oh ya, I also wrote a 2,500 word breakdown on the draft night - again from INSIDE the war room - for TSN.ca, something that has generated ZERO comments on this website.

Hogan
    Great to hear a media guy who loves the CFL and the Argos in particular like most who post on this site, I read your article yesterday and enjoyed it, keep up the good fight and keep spreading the word regarding our great league!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:

Level
    Eiben;

Yes Naylor loves the NFL, so do I. We both love the CFL and college football as much. To us football is football. Naylor talks football a lot on his show and certainly talks CFL during the season. It's the off season, and aside from any BMO Field development - a story he and Rick Westhead were ALL over by the way- there's not a hell of a lot to talk about as far as the CFL goes. The Argos haven't made a major player move. If they had, there would have been discussion. We haven't talked a ton of CFL on our show for exactly that reason. With the draft, there was a story, we were all over it in the aforementioned ways.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level

Hogan
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Is it just me or is The FAN590 giving the Argonauts more coverage than TSN1050? Lately it seems that I hear Argonauts talk a few times a week on the FAN590 and hardly at all on TSN1050.
    Hey Hogie thanks for the response, however as you can see by my original post above I don't think that I was blasting anyone. I usually only listen on my drive to and from work and lately I rarely hear any Argonauts talk during that time. Also I will agree that you do an excellent job of covering the Argonauts however I can't say the same for the rest of your coworkers.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level

Hogan
    Thanks for the interviews in the war room Hogie and also to the Argos for allowing it. I look forward to Football Fridays again this year on 1050.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    If no one cares what McCown says why keep commenting on it??
    Bingo. The only time my radio goes on 590 is if I'm in the car during a Leaf game that they are carrying.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Bingo. The only time my radio goes on 590 is if I'm in the car during a Leaf game that they are carrying.
    I noticed that both CJBK in London & CJCS in Stratford stopped broadcasting PTS quite a while ago. Perhaps McCown & Friends are not as popular as they once were.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    I noticed that both CJBK in London & CJCS in Stratford stopped broadcasting PTS quite a while ago. Perhaps McCown & Friends are not as popular as they once were.
    The last time that I saw the ratings McCowan was still # 1. It could be that it was to expensive to keep carrying the show.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Hogan
    First off, glad to see you back posting Hogie, always enjoyed reading your insight and perspective on the 13thman and FOA.

While I can't speak for any other Argo fan, I'm personally looking for more coverage, content and hype of not only the Argonauts, but the CFL as well. I recall over on the 13thman a similar debate occurred and you yourself even stated that the CFL deserves more coverage. I look at the ridiculous amount of coverage and media talk that the Raptors/NBA, Blue Jays/MLB and NFL all receive and wonder why doesn't the CFL get the coverage it deserves. TBH I'd love for anyone from either BELL or Rogers to explain to me how the NBA and MLB deserve the coverage and hype they receive, because everything I've seen from their tv and radio ratings both have very small fanbase (similar to the MLS' which receives very little radio and tv hype). The Blue Jays are talked about at least one segment per TSN 1050 show, as were the Raptors when they were playing. Heck, the Raps are done and there's still shows that are bringing them up. Look at what happened with the Blue Jays once Sportsnet received their exclusive tv rights, coverage and hype went up the wazoo and low and behold, more people started attending games and their tv ratings went from an average of 300k (after the new ratings system was put into place, SEPT 09) to the current 500k+. Football Friday only starts when the NFL season begins and since Bell and Rogers acquired the Sunday packages, the amount of NFL talked rose exponentially on the BELL, Rogers and sun media outlets.

I'm not saying that the coverage and hype needs to get overblown like the Leafs, but considering the CFL is still the #2 overall sports property in Canada, #1 specialty channel first run programming and the Argonauts were fighting with the Blue Jays in 2012-2013 for the #2 tv ratings spot behind the Leafs in the GTA regional breakdown, the media talk and hype needs to grow to match that.

The last time that I saw the ratings McCowan was still # 1. It could be that it was to expensive to keep carrying the show.
    Still #1, but the ratings are going downhill. TSN 1050 is actually pretty close to the Fan's ratings now. The Fan's ratings have dropped quite a bit in the last year.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Biggest problem with Hoagie is that he's an Eagles and Notre Dame fan. haha. He's got some great stories about games in Philly though. Talk about crazy fans.

I think plenty of folks would be floored in who loves the CFL. As I've mentioned on here Brad Fay is a big Lions fan and CFL guy. So is Jamie Campbell who got his sidekick on Jays telecasts into CFL ball, Greg Zahn as his name just came to me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Biggest problem with Hoagie is that he's an Eagles and Notre Dame fan. haha. He's got some great stories about games in Philly though. Talk about crazy fans.

I think plenty of folks would be floored in who loves the CFL. As I've mentioned on here Brad Fay is a big Lions fan and CFL guy. So is Jamie Campbell who got his sidekick on Jays telecasts into CFL ball, Greg Zahn as his name just came to me.
    Does anyone remember when Sportsnet actually carried a handful of CFL games back in 2004? Jamie Campbell did play-by-play with Grant Carter as the colour analyst. The studio consisted of Sean McCormack (sp? - Jennifer Hedger's husband) as host with Marty York and Duane Forde as the analysts. They did a very good job on those telecasts but unfortunately it was short-lived.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post

I was driving down North of Kingston last summer (back in the sticks)lol and came across a road called "Hogan Road". I immediately thought of Mike Hogan, "Good Kingston Boy" that he must have had a road named after him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    First off, glad to see you back posting Hogie, always enjoyed reading your insight and perspective on the 13thman and FOA.

While I can't speak for any other Argo fan, I'm personally looking for more coverage, content and hype of not only the Argonauts, but the CFL as well. I recall over on the 13thman a similar debate occurred and you yourself even stated that the CFL deserves more coverage. I look at the ridiculous amount of coverage and media talk that the Raptors/NBA, Blue Jays/MLB and NFL all receive and wonder why doesn't the CFL get the coverage it deserves. TBH I'd love for anyone from either BELL or Rogers to explain to me how the NBA and MLB deserve the coverage and hype they receive, because everything I've seen from their tv and radio ratings both have very small fanbase (similar to the MLS' which receives very little radio and tv hype). The Blue Jays are talked about at least one segment per TSN 1050 show, as were the Raptors when they were playing. Heck, the Raps are done and there's still shows that are bringing them up. Look at what happened with the Blue Jays once Sportsnet received their exclusive tv rights, coverage and hype went up the wazoo and low and behold, more people started attending games and their tv ratings went from an average of 300k (after the new ratings system was put into place, SEPT 09) to the current 500k+. Football Friday only starts when the NFL season begins and since Bell and Rogers acquired the Sunday packages, the amount of NFL talked rose exponentially on the BELL, Rogers and sun media outlets.

I'm not saying that the coverage and hype needs to get overblown like the Leafs, but considering the CFL is still the #2 overall sports property in Canada, #1 specialty channel first run programming and the Argonauts were fighting with the Blue Jays in 2012-2013 for the #2 tv ratings spot behind the Leafs in the GTA regional breakdown, the media talk and hype needs to grow to match that.

Still #1, but the ratings are going downhill. TSN 1050 is actually pretty close to the Fan's ratings now. The Fan's ratings have dropped quite a bit in the last year.
    Great post. They should probably rename Football Friday to NFL Football Friday.

Why not have Scott Milanovich on the morning show every day after an Argonauts game? (Or Monday morning if it's a Friday or Saturday game)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Great post. They should probably rename Football Friday to NFL Football Friday.
    NFL 85% and NCAA 15% Friday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Does anyone remember when Sportsnet actually carried a handful of CFL games back in 2004? Jamie Campbell did play-by-play with Grant Carter as the colour analyst. The studio consisted of Sean McCormack (sp? - Jennifer Hedger's husband) as host with Marty York and Duane Forde as the analysts. They did a very good job on those telecasts but unfortunately it was short-lived.

I do remember Ravi.
    They did a god job and I always thought there could be room for 1 game per week with them.
    But then the Rogers hate on became over the top and there goes that.

Quote Originally Posted by eiben35 View Post
    Hi Hogie,

You do a good job of talking Argos and CFL on TSN radio and Mike Richards does a little bit but Macko and Cauz, Brian Hayes and Dave Naylor are brutal. Naylor is supposed to be the CFL Insider. How does he get that. He loves the NFL!

Agreed, other then Hogan it is really few and far between with TSN 1050 radio for the CFL and Argos.
    Nothing more then 1a light with Rogers and Fan 590.
    For once I would like at least one on air personality to "come out" and say I love the CFL only period, instead of always my NFL team is this and by the way some of us occasionally watch the CFL.
    Then of course, 24/7 over the top coverage of the No Funners to nauseate.
    Lost me.
    You would think otherwise as the network has done a great job with the CFL.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Hogan
    Thanks Mike. I've always appreciated your support of the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The CFL needs to start deflating balls. then Toronto media should be all over them

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    The CFL needs to start deflating balls. then Toronto media should be all over them
    If the CFL had to face the kinds of problems that the NFL has faced over the last couple of years including this one and the Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson situations, the Canadian media in general would be saying "bush league" more than we can count. It is incredible though just how much national media attention that these events have received here in Canada.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force