Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I agree. I hope he can go back to what he was, but I personally think Steele is a better choice going forward once he's ready. Also a great ST guy.
    While I don't think Steele is an everydown back, he's a valuable asset. A smart rb, who can block and make plays at times and invaluable on ST's.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    While I don't think Steele is an everydown back, he's a valuable asset. A smart rb, who can block and make plays at times and invaluable on ST's.
    Exactly right. We have missed him as a change-of-pace RB and ST demon this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Kackert's performance tonight was truly remarkable. What a beautiful and inspiring sports story that relatively few people in the city will hear or know about.

It is unheard of for a guy to get a fracture as serious as his, sit out almost two seasons, and then in his first game back look as if he hasn't lost a step. It speaks to the guy's dedication and hard work, and it also speaks to the generosity and loyalty of the men who run this team.

Kackert isn't just effective on the field, the team loves him and rallies around him. If he can keep that kind of production up for the rest of the season on a regular basis, forget it, nobody's going to beat this team. But there's no way Kackert is in THAT good game shape, is he?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Great to see Kack back. I don't think Josey saw the field again after he lost his shoe and had to leave the playing field. Kackert took over and never looked back. IMO backs like Josey are not strong enough to run through tackles. Coombes is the same. They are great in the open field but go down when they meet the first tackler.
    Kackert can run through tackles to go along with his speed. I like Whittaker too but he is not getting any younger. Kackert and Steele (for his ST's) would be my choice for the RB position going forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Kackert's performance tonight was truly remarkable. What a beautiful and inspiring sports story that relatively few people in the city will hear or know about.

It is unheard of for a guy to get a fracture as serious as his, sit out almost two seasons, and then in his first game back look as if he hasn't lost a step. It speaks to the guy's dedication and hard work, and it also speaks to the generosity and loyalty of the men who run this team.

Kackert isn't just effective on the field, the team loves him and rallies around him. If he can keep that kind of production up for the rest of the season on a regular basis, forget it, nobody's going to beat this team. But there's no way Kackert is in THAT good game shape, is he?
    Great post. Truly inspirational. Plus, unlike Josey, he knows how to pass-protect.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    How do you not start Kackert next week? Such a great story and amazing how it played out last night. What a contrast! He just gives me more confidence. When it's 2nd and 4, I find myself telling the TV to give it to Kack, would never say that about Josey.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Kackert absolutely exceeded my expectations. It was great to see him out there playing the way he did. I don't want to give up on Josey, but I think the Argos are going to need to find a spot on the IR for him once Whitaker or Steele are ready to go.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Kackert absolutely exceeded my expectations. It was great to see him out there playing the way he did. I don't want to give up on Josey, but I think the Argos are going to need to find a spot on the IR for him once Whitaker or Steele are ready to go.
    Agree on all points. What Kackert has cannot be taught.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    What's up with Coombs? He seems to be nothing more than a spare part with that helpful passport.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    What's up with Coombs? He seems to be nothing more than a spare part with that helpful passport.
    Still banged up a bit? I agree he hasn't quite had the impact we'd been looking for, but it is still early in his career.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Great to see the Kack Attack is back!

Kack brings a dimension that aside from maybe Whitaker no on else really does. We actually have an effective running game when he's on the field. To be honest it was exactly the performance that I was expecting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You have to remember, he's still learning a new position. He's been a RB all of his football life. Durie took some time to catch on to that position as well. Missing most of his rookie season sure didn't help either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think he's not decisive enough and he needs to turn it up-field faster after making a catch and get however many yards he can. This isn't college ball where defenders tend to play off and receivers have more time to react. But he does have talent, so it's up to the coaching staff to develop it for the pro game.

And the definitive answer to this thread is YES!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    How do you not start Kackert next week? Such a great story and amazing how it played out last night. What a contrast! He just gives me more confidence. When it's 2nd and 4, I find myself telling the TV to give it to Kack, would never say that about Josey.
    I would still be careful with Kackert, continue to use a combination of RB's and continue to ease him back into the lineup.
    Sure many question were answered last night but let's see how his body recovers after 2-3 games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Level
    If Kackert were a hockey player and playing for the Leafs, last nights performance (combined with his previous play) would've made him a living legend and would assure his jersey being lifted to the rafters upon retirement! Sadly, not enough people will know about the heart and soul and work ethic that Kackert has displayed. So happy for him! Truly inspirational and very impressed that the Argos have given him another chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Kackert gives the Argos offence a dimension that I have yet to see another back provide. A combo of him and either Whitaker or Steele would serve us well for the rest of the season. I totally agree that Kackert's return should be a major story in the Toronto media and am disappointed to see it largely ignored. Not surprising though. I think that I might start up a new thread about something that I have noticed in the Toronto media concerning Argos coverage when I have a chance.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Kackert gives the Argos offence a dimension that I have yet to see another back provide. A combo of him and either Whitaker or Steele would serve us well for the rest of the season. I totally agree that Kackert's return should be a major story in the Toronto media and am disappointed to see it largely ignored. Not surprising though. I think that I might start up a new thread about something that I have noticed in the Toronto media concerning Argos coverage when I have a chance.
    Come on Ravi...Don't you know that player salaries should be the determining factor as to what is important in sports?

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I have loved this guy since that first sweet preseason td run as a rookie against Winnipeg. This guy is a beast. When he attacks the line guys feel attempted tackles on Kack. Joesy just falls when he's touched and Kack explodes into tacklers. However when turned to catch a ball or running at a strange angle he takes some crazy type hits that you see no other back take. See him go cartwheeling through the air or getting lined up with that shoulder to shoulder crushing hit? He just pops back up. His interview with Sarah Orleski was priceless.