Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014: Week 14

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I'm glad the mucus riders got the doors blown off them by the Esks. Montreal's D was wicked!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I didn't get to watch the games Friday night, but it looks like Defense rules again.
    It also was interesting to see that the riders switched up their QB. I'm thinking Sunseri was having a lesson ..... Jones Defense looks like a challenge for the young QBs. Glad we have Ricky ..... Now to get to the playoffs!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I am not so sure about that. Mtl's defence is one of the best in the league, IMO, and Ottawa keeps blowing games they should win -- sooner or later they're bound to win one. Hopefully it happens before the final week of the season.
    Hamilton gets two more games against Ottawa, Montreal gets them one more time. The Argos must, absolutley must win those 3 games I mentioned & at least split with Hamilton. As for Montreal, they average 11 or so points on the road. It will be embarrasing if we finish out of the playoffs to team like that...can't believe they keep dressing Chad "7 Receptions" Johnson out there every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I didn't get to watch the games Friday night, but it looks like Defense rules again.
    It also was interesting to see that the riders switched up their QB. I'm thinking Sunseri was having a lesson ..... Jones Defense looks like a challenge for the young QBs. Glad we have Ricky ..... Now to get to the playoffs!
    We will see on Saturday afternoon what Edmonton can do with an elite starting qb who has his weapons back. Look forward to making the trip to Skydome for that one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I think that you are being kind about Sunseri. I am just not sure that he is a CFL-calibre QB. Riders will have to win games with their special teams and defence from here on out, by the looks of it, but it is tough to win in the playoffs without any offence.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that you are being kind about Sunseri. I am just not sure that he is a CFL-calibre QB. Riders will have to win games with their special teams and defence from here on out, by the looks of it, but it is tough to win in the playoffs without any offence.
    Do you think Saskatchewan pursues Burris from Ottawa? Is there a trade deadline in the CFL?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Do you think Saskatchewan pursues Burris from Ottawa? Is there a trade deadline in the CFL?
    There is a trade deadline in October. They should make inquiries about Burris as there appear to be few other options. I suppose that they could look at someone like Quinton Porter who has started and won games in this league and played under Cortez in 2012. Sunseri just doesn't look capable and their other two guys - Doege and Price - are very raw.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    They should make inquiries about Burris as there appear to be few other options.
    Oh the irony and the amusement. Nevertheless, recycling veteran Hank looks the a very suitable option and solution.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wouldn't say he isn't CFL caliber. He just hasn't played long enough to show whether or not he can be a consistent CFL caliber QB. Funny, to hear Rider fans saying after Willy signed with the Bombers that it was no big deal, because in their minds Sunseri was going to be better. We shall see.

What it does tell me is that Durant is a lot better than many gave him credit for.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I wouldn't say he isn't CFL caliber. He just hasn't played long enough to show whether or not he can be a consistent CFL caliber QB. Funny, to hear Rider fans saying after Willy signed with the Bombers that it was no big deal, because in their minds Sunseri was going to be better. We shall see.

What it does tell me is that Durant is a lot better than many gave him credit for.
    That is probably a better way of saying it. So far, Sunseri reminds me of Cody Pickett in that he has brief flashes of effective quarterbacking (1 quarter out of 12 so far) but hasn't been able to do that consistently.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    That is probably a better way of saying it. So far, Sunseri reminds me of Cody Pickett in that he has brief flashes of effective quarterbacking (1 quarter out of 12 so far) but hasn't been able to do that consistently.
    Cody Pickett with a better arm.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I really am hoping the league decides to go back to 42 for the active game roster next year. In 4 games this weekend, there was a total of less than 100 points combined. It's pretty obvious teams have used the 2 extra spots on defensive players, allowing for more substitution and a fresher defensive unit.
    It's us vs the rest of the country