Final Score: 33-34
    Last edited by T-Bone; 10-14-2014 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Post-Game Update

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Obviously the most important game of the season to date as the Argos can tie the Tiger-Cats for first place with a victory. Hamilton's defense has been playing very, very, very well since Labour Day and that is the part of their team that worries me the most. They have a very tough front four and great team speed on defense so the offensive line is going to have to be on it's best because I don't know if the traditional YAC heavy offense for the Argos will work against the Tiger-Cats.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Hamilton's defence has been a mirage of late. Big game against Tito Sunseri, & close wins over a Winnipeg team that is floundering & an injury riddled BC team led by AV's favourite qb, Kevin Glenn. Lets see what they can do against an offence that has some teeth. If Tim Burke can solve Hamilton's bread & butter play, that being the screen pass, the Argos should beat those clowns.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Obviously the most important game of the season to date as the Argos can tie the Tiger-Cats for first place with a victory. Hamilton's defense has been playing very, very, very well since Labour Day and that is the part of their team that worries me the most. They have a very tough front four and great team speed on defense so the offensive line is going to have to be on it's best because I don't know if the traditional YAC heavy offense for the Argos will work against the Tiger-Cats.
    Huge game. I can see Montreal winning this week, resulting in a three way tie for first, if the Argos win. I like the Argos chances to make the playoffs with the remaining games against the Als and RB's, but to finish first, they really need this one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Milanovich reports that Carter has an injured elbow tendon and is doubtful for Hamilton. He also discusses what has made the Hamilton defence so successful recently below.

http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/104045

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    IMO, first place in the East will ultimately come down to these two games between Toronto and Hamilton (with all due respect to Montreal). The Ticats need only to win one of these games while the Argos can't finish first without winning both of these games. Here are the remaining games for the top three teams in the East:

Toronto: vs. Hamilton (2), vs. Montreal, at Montreal, vs. Ottawa
    Hamilton: at Toronto (2), vs. Ottawa, at Ottawa, vs. Montreal
    Montreal: vs. Saskatchewan, at Ottawa, at Toronto, vs. Toronto, at Hamilton

I see Montreal beating both Saskatchewan and Ottawa which would give them at least 7 wins. I see Hamilton beating Ottawa twice which would give them at least 8 wins. I see Toronto beating Ottawa and Montreal at least once which would give them at least 7 wins. I suspect that Hamilton will also beat the Als at home which would give them 9 wins which is why the Argos have to beat Hamilton twice to finish in first. This is the biggest game of the season so far coming up this Friday night.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

New Fan
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    This should be a good one, both teams are catching fire right now.I believe that they will split the last two games against each other. Cant wait for Friday, Oskee Wee Wee!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    IMO, first place in the East will ultimately come down to these two games between Toronto and Hamilton (with all due respect to Montreal). The Ticats need only to win one of these games while the Argos can't finish first without winning both of these games. Here are the remaining games for the top three teams in the East:

I see Montreal beating both Saskatchewan and Ottawa which would give them at least 7 wins. I see Hamilton beating Ottawa twice which would give them at least 8 wins. I see Toronto beating Ottawa and Montreal at least once which would give them at least 7 wins. I suspect that Hamilton will also beat the Als at home which would give them 9 wins which is why the Argos have to beat Hamilton twice to finish in first. This is the biggest game of the season so far coming up this Friday night.
    I agree with your analysis, Ravi. If we lose Friday, first place is almost certainly out of our grasp -- it would take some surprising results elsewhere for us to leap over Hamilton's two-game and tie-breaker advantage. I have to admit I wouldn't mind finishing second, winning at home in the semifinal and being the underdog on the road in the EF. We did OK in that scenario in 2004 and 2012. But first place would be OK, too. ;-)

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Looking for positive omens for this one?

Ti-cats have only won one time on the road this season (two weeks ago against the sliding Bluebombers).
    Argos are 3-2 in the Dome this season against the "tougher" Western Division.

Ti-cats are averaging 19.5 ppg on the road this season while allowing opponents to score 25.7 ppg.
    Argos are averaging 30.2 ppg at home this season while allowing opponents to score 27 ppg.

If anyone knows Collaros and how to mess with him it's the coaches that decided to let him go just one year ago. No one knows Collaros' strengths and weaknesses better than Milanovich.

Sure Hamilton have been on a run since Labour Day. A game that they barely squeaked out at home opening their stadium against an Argos team that was asking just about everyone on the street if they could play WR. Let's see how they deal with the Ray/Owens combo in Skydome.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
    Last edited by Stouffvillain; 10-07-2014 at 02:37 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree with your analysis, Ravi. If we lose Friday, first place is almost certainly out of our grasp -- it would take some surprising results elsewhere for us to leap over Hamilton's two-game and tie-breaker advantage. I have to admit I wouldn't mind finishing second, winning at home in the semifinal and being the underdog on the road in the EF. We did OK in that scenario in 2004 and 2012. But first place would be OK, too. ;-)
    I'd prefer to play in the Semi Final just because my son has an away hockey tournament the weekend of the 23rd. :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    IMO, first place in the East will ultimately come down to these two games between Toronto and Hamilton (with all due respect to Montreal). The Ticats need only to win one of these games while the Argos can't finish first without winning both of these games.
    Without a win in this game, the Argos will be struggling simply to make the playoffs. However, the good news is that the Argo offence seems to be clicking even in the absence of Durie.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Without a win in this game, the Argos will be struggling simply to make the playoffs. However, the good news is that the Argo offence seems to be clicking even in the absence of Durie.
    If the Argos don't win on Friday night then they will have to focus on beating out Montreal for second place and likely the final playoff spot in the East. That would then come down to the two head-to-head meetings with the Als and the Als might need to win both of those games because the Argos have already won the first game in the season series.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    If the Argos don't win on Friday night then they will have to focus on beating out Montreal for second place and likely the final playoff spot in the East. That would then come down to the two head-to-head meetings with the Als and the Als might need to win both of those games because the Argos have already won the first game in the season series.
    That is still going to amount to a struggle.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I believe it's good to have the struggle, it will spurn the players onto passionate play.
    The team is on the upswing, and should peak at the playoffs .... I think we will make it.... But it will be tense!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I believe it's good to have the struggle, it will spurn the players onto passionate play.
    The team is on the upswing, and should peak at the playoffs .... I think we will make it.... But it will be tense!
    The way B.C. & Winnipeg are playing, the Crossover is far from being a lock.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    The way B.C. & Winnipeg are playing, the Crossover is far from being a lock.
    Except for the fact that they still play each other once. If B.C wins, that's 8 wins for them. I think it's a stretch to think all of Argos, Hamilton and Montreal get to 8 wins considering how often they still play each other.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level

Als vs. Riders is tough to call. I believe the Riders will eke out the win.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Argos should be nervous, Hamilton has Ottawa twice, Montreal has Saskatchewan and Ottawa who they are more than capable of beating. Basically as Ravi pointed out the Argos have no margin of error at all, points squandered in Ottawa and the Calgary collapse could turn out to be their undoing this season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Argos should be nervous, Hamilton has Ottawa twice, Montreal has Saskatchewan and Ottawa who they are more than capable of beating. Basically as Ravi pointed out the Argos have no margin of error at all, points squandered in Ottawa and the Calgary collapse could turn out to be their undoing this season.
    Montreal doesn't scare me at all. If the Argos can't beat them, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Next to Ottawa, they have the worst O in the league.
    It's us vs the rest of the country