Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Paul Woods has uploaded clips of that '94 game on YouTube. Tonight's game will be one that will be talked about for a long time too I suspect.

A lot went wrong tonight but a lot went right late in the game. It was certainly an emotional roller-coaster tonight. The game in two weeks will be another battle and if these two teams meet again in the East Final, you have to believe that it will be yet another nail-biter. Just listening to Milanovich's post-game comments now on TSN Radio. He says that they need to be much better than they were tonight which I won't disagree with.
    I am listening in too....Mike Hogan is a very solid football guy that the Toronto Football market is fortunate to have...still enjoy listening to Jim Tatti after all these years.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Don't forget the great Marvin Graves-engineered comeback in 1994 when the Argos were down by over three TDs in the fourth quarter and came back to win. This is definitely up there though and probably a bit bigger given the gravity of the game and the fact that both teams are much better than the '94 Argos and Ticats were.
    I had to reread that. Thought at first you said Marvin Graves was great. lol But he did come in with a lot of promise and then fizzled out.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    We looked dead and cooled out after three.
    The teams changed moe in the fourth and the rest is history, wow!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It was a very entertaining game.... It was hard to look at the stats at the end of the third, see the similarities, and then see how we were so far behind. Then came the fourth quarter.
    It took all parts of the team to make that last quarter work. Defense and Specials got us great field position and the offense capitalized. Even the fans came through in the last minute to do their part in getting Zach off the field!
    Totally satisfied .... Too bad more fans didn't show up .... Maybe next time in 2 weeks.

For those that sit on the " visitors" side in the dome, were the Argos fans loud from your perspective?
    I sit behind the Argos bench, and it sounded loud but when one heard the Ticats fans, they sounded loud as well ..... But more echoed as they are on the other side.

Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    It was a very entertaining game.... It was hard to look at the stats at the end of the third, see the similarities, and then see how we were so far behind. Then came the fourth quarter.
    It took all parts of the team to make that last quarter work. Defense and Specials got us great field position and the offense capitalized. Even the fans came through in the last minute to do their part in getting Zach off the field!
    Totally satisfied .... Too bad more fans didn't show up .... Maybe next time in 2 weeks.

For those that sit on the " visitors" side in the dome, were the Argos fans loud from your perspective?
    I sit behind the Argos bench, and it sounded loud but when one heard the Ticats fans, they sounded loud as well ..... But more echoed as they are on the other side.
    I was on the visitors side -- both sets of fans were loud. From my perspective the biggest difference between the fans was that Hamilton fans used more horns/noise makers for noise whereas it seems that Argo fans relied on clapping & cheering (oh and I guess you could sort of hear the thunder sticks).

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Whiny-Cat fans are complaining that Owens was offside (claims being anywhere from 2-4 yards offside) on the last touchdown. I didn't see it at the time and still don't see it on the highlight replays but what are others' thoughts on the matter?

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The return of John Chiles was crucial tonight.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Whiny-Cat fans are complaining that Owens was offside (claims being anywhere from 2-4 yards offside) on the last touchdown. I didn't see it at the time and still don't see it on the highlight replays but what are others' thoughts on the matter?
    When the play happened I thought he was too but this happens to every team, every game. This is the norm. Receivers have to be WAY offside for them to throw the flag. If we re-watched this game, I'm sure there are several examples of Ticat receivers doing the exact same thing.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    When the play happened I thought he was too but this happens to every team, every game. This is the norm. Receivers have to be WAY offside for them to throw the flag. If we re-watched this game, I'm sure there are several examples of Ticat receivers doing the exact same thing.
    I have found that there are times when a receiver appears to be offside while watching live but when you slow it down on the PVR he isn't. Dressler, on Labour Day, appeared to be offside for sure on the winning TD. However, when you slowed that play down he actually wasn't which I suspect happened on the Owens play too.

EDIT: I just watched the play on TSN's website and it looks like Owens was NOT offside. Pause the video when the ball is snapped and look at where Owens is: http://www.tsn.ca/video/cfl-in-game-...hdown-1.104314
    Last edited by ArgoRavi; 10-11-2014 at 01:41 AM.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Owens was a little bit offside but they also had a touchdown that their receiver was WAY more offside and they didn't throw a flag.

EDIT: I guess it seemed worse than it really was.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    its when the ball its snapped ... not when the QB pulls out from centre or you see the ball go back in shotgun. Its a optical illusion, thats why sometimes you think its offside.

Their are linesmen right on on the LOS watching the snap. They can tell right away if a receiver crosses before the ball moves. if their leg blocks the ball they are offside (obviously the ball hasn't been snapped yet)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Emry has really stepped up his game the last couple of weeks, leading the team in tackles last week and coming second this week and almost getting in position for an interception.

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    I have found that there are times when a receiver appears to be offside while watching live but when you slow it down on the PVR he isn't. Dressler, on Labour Day, appeared to be offside for sure on the winning TD. However, when you slowed that play down he actually wasn't which I suspect happened on the Owens play too.

EDIT: I just watched the play on TSN's website and it looks like Owens was NOT offside. Pause the video when the ball is snapped and look at where Owens is: http://www.tsn.ca/video/cfl-in-game-...hdown-1.104314
    I did the same -- watching the highlights online & pausing them right on the snap. I agree, Owens is onside but we'll never convince the pussycats of that, lol. A great comeback for the Argos but I hope in the future that they wake up prior to 3/4 through the fourth -- I feel a little cheap getting the win lol. Based on the first 3.75 quarters, we certainly did not deserve to win that game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    I love the smell of burnt Cat in the morning. It smells like victory. Anyone else feel like it's 2012 with the Argos' late season push all the way to the Cup?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post

I sit on the Visitors Side and the Argonauts fans really only sounded loud for the last half of the 4th Quarter. Which is strange because a lot of Argonauts fans left early when we were down.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'd like to see a breakdown of the Owens TD because it was a LB who ended up covering him. What did the Argos specifically do or perhaps what did the Ticats not do in order for Owens to get an advantageous match-up.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I was on the visitors side -- both sets of fans were loud. From my perspective the biggest difference between the fans was that Hamilton fans used more horns/noise makers for noise whereas it seems that Argo fans relied on clapping & cheering (oh and I guess you could sort of hear the thunder sticks).
    I agree. Hamilton fans use noisemakers, we don't. But both were very loud at times.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Emry has really stepped up his game the last couple of weeks, leading the team in tackles last week and coming second this week and almost getting in position for an interception.
    He's playing way better the past five or six games, but he also took a very stupid penalty last night and got immediately benched for the rest of that series. About time Milo started making guys pay for stupidity. (And having said that, Rosamanda -- who took stupid penalties on both of the first two kickoffs -- got not one but two game balls last night).

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I'd like to see a breakdown of the Owens TD because it was a LB who ended up covering him. What did the Argos specifically do or perhaps what did the Ticats not do in order for Owens to get an advantageous match-up.
    He ran a post-corner and somehow the main DBs on that side moved over towards Chiles. Steinauer's scheme really got caught out on that play. Having a LB cover the most dangerous player in the league without safety help was a huge mistake.

Spencer Watt did not play in the second half and I could not see him on the sideline. If he is hurt our NAT depth will really be tested. With Durie and Laing out we are incredibly thin. I guess we could use both Bradwell and Woodson at receiver, but Bradwell is not nearly as valuable as Watt because he lacks speed. Watt may not get thrown to much but teams have to cover him deep -- they don't have to do that to Bradwell.
    Last edited by Will; 10-11-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    For those of you who missed the comeback...TSN is actually replaying last nights game right now

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I agree. Hamilton fans use noisemakers, we don't. But both were very loud at times.
    Paul, those aren't noisemakers, they are exhaling through the gaps in their teeth.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Good game, penalities were killing me though. Owens was as close as it gets but was onside. Does anyone know that on a scoring play if offside is looked at when reviewing? I have on many times used my PVR on plays and have found that when I thought the in motion man was offside he was in fact right on the line when the ball was snapped. As soon as the ball moves play is on.

Still have not had 20,000 at a home game this year. WOW, Sask and Hamilton games I would have expected that.