Reply to Thread
    Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level

Salvation Army Argonaut Sponsor Project

Salvation Army is again looking for sponsors to send the under-privileged out to Argo games. Email Details below.

Act now and have your gift doubled!

Bill & Barbara Howe are generous supporters of The Salvation Army and they have extended a challenge to you. They have committed to matching donations for the first 50 seats sponsored for this event. This matching donation will not be added to our total until we reach 50 seats. Help us achieve this goal and donate now!

CLICK HERE to make your on-line donation and receive your tax receipt by email.

More information about 'SPONSOR AN EXPERIENCE'

The Salvation Army meets the practical needs of people all year round. Providing shelter, food and clothing is critical to helping people survive at their point of crisis. However, we also realize that poverty impacts other areas of a person’s life and we are striving to find unique ways to meet these other needs in our holistic approach to care and support.

To that end, we have developed the “Sponsor and Experience” program which provides those in need with the opportunity to attend a Toronto Argonauts game and enjoy some fun and excitement with their counselors. This escape from the daily struggles they face can have a positive impact on their overall well-being.

Our goal is to take 200 people to the game against the Hamilton Tiger Cats on October 10, 2014. The seats cost $25 each and we are looking for some of our friends to help us cover the costs associated with making this event a success. I hope you might consider supporting this special project once again.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    What a great idea, I didn't know that they did this. Thanks for posting.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    great project i contributed last year and this year and will do moving forward for sure. i got a separate email from the Salvation Army reminding about it (as I'm sure others on here did as well). Nice to see

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Hello - my first post.... this is a great idea... I will do my best to contribute..... Thanks for bringing attention to this.

ARRRRRRRRgoFanIan

Boatman
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Bump.

Salvation Army still happy to take donations sending kids to the next Argo game: http://www.salvationarmy.ca/ontarioc...auts-game-day/

I actually called the lady today because I'd forgotten to grab my pair and she said they'd just gotten to the 50 donations + 50 matched mark.