Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    I'd also love to know why some penalties get declined and others get applied. There was a call in the game when two major penalties offset each other, but there had also been a defensive offside call that was apparently declined by the Argos even tho it would have given them a first down had the other two penalties not been applied. Do major penalties somehow over-ride basic penalties of execution?
    The answer to this was that the Argos were penalized a 15 yard no yards penalty. The 15 yards is equal to the 5 yard offside and the 10 yard illegal block penalty on the play. If the Argos had accepted the offside, they would have had 3rd and 4.5 yards to go again which would have meant replay the punt. The way Waters was punting yesterday, they made the right decision to let the play stand.

Personally, I would think an offside would wipe out any post possession fouls (except for any major foul calls), giving the Argos a first down, but apparently not.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The way Waters was punting yesterday, they made the right decision to let the play stand.
    There hasn't been much mention of this but his punting was subpar for the second consecutive week. I had no problem with the decision not to concede the two points in the third quarter (I hate conceding safety touches in general, especially in a domed stadium). Waters can punt much better than he did there.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    There hasn't been much mention of this but his punting was subpar for the second consecutive week. I had no problem with the decision not to concede the two points in the third quarter (I hate conceding safety touches in general, especially in a domed stadium). Waters can punt much better than he did there.
    His punting and his kickoffs were both way below his usual standard -- his kickoffs all went to the 15, one went to the 20. Usually he is all but guaranteed to get to the 5. I wonder if he's hurting. The way things have gone this year, he may be the next key guy to get hurt and miss action. And talk about irreplaceable -- we don't have a backup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    A reflection of the entire season, inconsistent play for the offence and the defense.
    I also noticed Waters did not have the distance on his kickoffs and some punts were below par.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    BTW, head referee Tom Vallesi seemed to get more confused as the game progressed. There was one incident late in the fourth quarter where there were five penalties called - two against Montreal and three against the Argos - and he pointed in the wrong direction for all of them.
    Foxcroft and Bradbury have also screwed up penalty calls. Not coincidentally, I consider them the three worst refs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    His punting and his kickoffs were both way below his usual standard -- his kickoffs all went to the 15, one went to the 20. Usually he is all but guaranteed to get to the 5. I wonder if he's hurting.
    He may have been told to kickoff high and short to help the coverage team.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    He may have been told to kickoff high and short to help the coverage team.
    There is no doubt in my mind that this was the case. Montreal has 2 very good kick returners. As for his punting, I would still love to see him put the ball more between the numbers and the sideline. IMO, that is even more important than hang time because it cuts the field in half and is easier to cover.
    It's us vs the rest of the country