Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    The other was why wouldn't they have taken a time count on the last field goal that Waters ended up missing? They could have killed more time. On third down it's not a loss of down and we still would have been in Waters range.
    If you take a time count violation on third down in the final three minutes of a half, you are assessed a ten yard penalty. The Argos lost a game that way back in '09 when Justin Medlock seemingly nailed a 47 yard FG to win a game over Winnipeg. However, the officials said that the Argos did not get the snap off in time and the team was assessed a 10 yard penalty and Medlock had to try again from the 57. He hit the upright, the Argos lost and never recovered that season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If you take a time count violation on third down in the final three minutes of a half, you are assessed a ten yard penalty. The Argos lost a game that way back in '09 when Justin Medlock seemingly nailed a 47 yard FG to win a game over Winnipeg. However, the officials said that the Argos did not get the snap off in time and the team was assessed a 10 yard penalty and Medlock had to try again from the 57. He hit the upright, the Argos lost and never recovered that season.
    I was actually watching the play clock on that kick. Argos did a good job of snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock. Kudos to Trevor Harris for keeping his cool and making sure of that.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I was actually watching the play clock on that kick. Argos did a good job of snapping the ball with 1 second on the play clock. Kudos to Trevor Harris for keeping his cool and making sure of that.
    There's a good chance Foxcroft was distracted watching a pigeon flying at the top of the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Another instance where the most inept ref in the league, Foxcroft blew a call. The play clock was down below 10 seconds, which means he blew the play in. There is absolutely no excuse for at that point in time stopping the play clock to allow for a Hamilton substitution, let alone a change from offence to FG team and back to offence. Hamilton were out of timeouts, and they should have been charged a time count violation. You can't just stop the play clock to allow for a substitution at that point. I've said it before, but he is the absolute worst ref in the history of the game.

I think his father must have some pull as to why he is still employed. For those that don't know, his father invented the Fox40 whistle, and has worked with both the CFL and NFL for years. Oh..and did I mention they are from Hamilton?
    I went back and watched those final few seconds again and I agree, AV, that it is incomprehensible as to why Foxcroft stopped the play clock. There was no injured player on the field and the Ticats were about to run an offensive play. It simply makes no sense.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Don
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Worth mentioning that Slaton won MOP honors for the week and Yurichuk won Canadian honors.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022