Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't worship anyone, but I've seen the likes of Meyer, Etcheverry, Stubler, Andrus and Faragelli as HC's of the Argos (just over the last 20 years). I have no complaints here.
    Whatever happens from here on in, with all the ownership issues and scheduling issues dogging this team, I honestly hope the Argos are able to retain the services of both Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich long term.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Whatever happens from here on in, with all the ownership issues and scheduling issues dogging this team, I honestly hope the Argos are able to retain the services of both Jim Barker and Scott Milanovich long term.
    You and me both, gil.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't worship anyone, but I've seen the likes of Meyer, Etcheverry, Stubler, Andrus and Faragelli as HC's of the Argos (just over the last 20 years). I have no complaints here.
    I think it's unfair to include Stubler on this list of duds. He really didn't get a fair chance, and the short time he did have as HC was completely undermined and sabotaged by a meddling owner who decided to weigh in on personnel matters.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    The only way I see the Argos making the playoffs is if we bring in some no name High School coach to pump up the boys. In all seriousness, pro coaches aren't much of "rah rah" coaches and when they are, they usually don't have much respect from the players. That is why most career college coaches don't last long in the pros.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think it's unfair to include Stubler on this list of duds. He really didn't get a fair chance, and the short time he did have as HC was completely undermined and sabotaged by a meddling owner who decided to weigh in on personnel matters.
    You may be right there, Rich. I personally didn't like the Stubler hiring as HC from the beginning. I just think that when a coach is a coordinator or assistant as long as Stubler had been, they usually have a difficult time with the HC promotion.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I like Milanovich and agree that he's a definite improvement over many of the coaches in recent history; however, I do see some glaring deficiencies that have yet to be adequately addressed during his tenure here. I'm thinking in particular of penalties - now I'm sure he's been trying to crack down on them, but I haven't really noticed a progressive improvement. Maybe the players aren't listening or maybe, like Jones, Milanovich encourages an aggressive style of play of which penalties are a natural by-product. The occasional penalty is one thing, but it's the pointless and stupid ones that kill drives, such as unnecessary roughness, objectionable conduct, etc. If they want a legitimate shot at making the playoffs, those have to be eliminated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I believe it will be whirlwind to the end of the season .... the Argos have as much a chance as Ticats and Als .... well down one game .... but they have to bring their A game. Both the Ticats and the Argos seem a bit more erratic in their play .... The Argos have the ability to be an A team .... but can easily be the C team at any time.
    The Ticats are the C/B team that keep plugging but can play poorly as well... The als seem to be the team that is improving day by day .... I haven't seen them drop down to the C/D level .... and JC keeps them steady.
    If the Argos don't make the playoffs, it shows you how coach stability is very important .... so the last thing I would recommend is changing Milanovich.

As to bringing in a rah-rah guy .... can we hire Belli as conditioning coach?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Like most, it does not look good.
    Way too many distractions this year has caught up with this team.
    The future does look bleak, however the ownership issue has to be resolved this off season as another year like this I am afraid may be fatal?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    The Ti-Cats are currently, at the very least, on par with the Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    All three east teams are close. All three have beaten west teams since they woke up.

So the Argos have a chance to make the playoffs. But if they don't it does not mean they lost out to mediocre teams. If anything the Als and Cats have the advantage of having much better defenses.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    The Ti-Cats are currently, at the very least, on par with the Argonauts.
    Hamilton has an edge on D and special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    That is my concern as well, I think both are good football men and would hate to lose them.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Considering the absurd amount of injuries to key players and Nationals that we have faced this year, getting into the playoffs would count as a miracle of sorts. Every team has had injuries (especially this season) but I can't think of any team that has had its top four receivers together in the same game only once (if that) and its top two receivers only twice, and has had to play much of the season without three NATs who were starters heading into the season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    The only way I see the Argos making the playoffs is if we bring in some no name High School coach to pump up the boys. In all seriousness, pro coaches aren't much of "rah rah" coaches and when they are, they usually don't have much respect from the players. That is why most career college coaches don't last long in the pros.
    See David Beckman, former Ti-Cat coach.
    (except the highest level he was ever a head coach was highschool)

Milo, and Barker are not the problem. That said you are as only as good as the people around you.
    - The coaching staff has lost many key people, as did the on field team.

A double whammy thats tough to recover from.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    The Argos chances are now pretty good, seeing that they've won the season series vs the Ticats 2 games to 1 in the regular season meaning that the Argos would get second place if the teams remain tied at the end of the season. The Ticats would have to have a better record than the Argos and would need help as of now to surpass the Argos in the standings. Both teams play Montreal and Ottawa to close out the season.

Unfortunately the Lions beat the Bombers so they've clinched a playoff spot with 9 wins. Seeing that the Argos, Als and Ticats will be beating on each other in the last 2 weeks, one of them for sure will not get to 9 wins and will miss as the 3rd place team in the east will be eliminated.

Argos are in if they and the Cats lose their final 2 games. The Cats must win both games if the Argos win one of their remaining 2 but may still get 2nd if they beat Als in their last game, but need the Argos to beat them next week also.,,,The Als are in the driver seat as they need 1 win vs either Toronto or Hamilton in their last 2 games to clinch a playoff spot...ew...get that...did I miss anything.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill The Thrill View Post
    The Argos chances are now pretty good, seeing that they've won the season series vs the Ticats 2 games to 1 in the regular season meaning that the Argos would get second place if the teams remain tied at the end of the season. The Ticats would have to have a better record than the Argos and would need help as of now to surpass the Argos in the standings. Both teams play Montreal and Ottawa to close out the season.

Unfortunately the Lions beat the Bombers so they've clinched a playoff spot with 9 wins. Seeing that the Argos, Als and Ticats will be beating on each other in the last 2 weeks, one of them for sure will not get to 9 wins and will miss as the 3rd place team in the east will be eliminated.

Argos are in if they and the Cats lose their final 2 games. The Cats must win both games if the Argos win one of their remaining 2 but may still get 2nd if they beat Als in their last game, but need the Argos to beat them next week also.,,,The Als are in the driver seat as they need 1 win vs either Toronto or Hamilton in their last 2 games to clinch a playoff spot...ew...get that...did I miss anything.
    I think that you nailed it, Gill. From an Argo perspective, they need to beat Montreal to continue to have control over their own destiny. Also, a win over Montreal would all but clinch a playoff spot as the only way that the Argos wouldn't make it at that point (assuming a Hamilton win over Ottawa) is if they lose to Ottawa and the Als and Ticats tie their final game. Two wins for the Argos gives them first place. A loss to Montreal and a win over Ottawa (assuming a Hamilton win over the RedBlacks) would leave the Argos needing a Montreal win over the Ticats on the final day of the season to secure a playoff spot.

The bottom line on all of this is that the Montreal game shapes up as a similar game in importance to the game that the Argos just won today. If they lose that one they will be playing with fire whereas if they win they will likely be in the playoffs and maintain a great shot at first place.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Win against Montreal and we are effectively in -- the scenario in which we lose to Ottawa and Mtl-Ham tie is incredibly unlikely. Montreal needs the game less than we do because they can still get in by beating Hamilton the following week. We absolutely have to treat this as a must-win game.

Boatman
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    My concern is that Montreal goes all out against the Argos, and with Hamilton having them last game Montreal will rest some of their key players.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    My concern is that Montreal goes all out against the Argos, and with Hamilton having them last game Montreal will rest some of their key players.
    I don't think anyone will rest key players. If Montreal and Hamilton both win next week, the winner of their game would get a bye and host the Eastern final.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRedneck View Post
    The only way that the Montreal/Hamilton game won't be important is if Hamilton loses to Ottawa on Friday, in which case the Argos only need to beat Ottawa to make the playoffs. As long as Hamilton wins that game, it guarantees that first place at least will be at stake in the MTL/HAM game. In other words, you don't have to worry about Montreal not playing their starters and not playing hard in that final game, if necessary, as they will have much incentive to win that game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well, I'm sure hoping for the Redblacks to win on Friday and lose the following week and the Argos winning both of course! Didn't expect the win against Hamilton but it was great to see!