Thread: Ticket prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    With all the empty seats you can probably buy Bronze and move down. Regardless it's not like buying Silver Season Tickets are that expensive.
    I never feel comfortable to move from my seat...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Your assumptions aren't "big ifs?" Everything is a "big if" right now. How much does it cost to put on a game at Rogers Centre currently?
    Do not know but the dynamics are different.

Argos pay rent to Rogers

TFC pays rent to MLSE

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Do not know but the dynamics are different.

Argos pay rent to Rogers

TFC pays rent to MLSE
    Wouldn't TFC pay rent to the City of Toronto since they own BMO Field?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just my point of view....

I do believe that the majority of Argos tickets are priced too high for them to get the desired attendance they need. It's OK to bump your prices in certain areas if you have a high number of corporate ticket sales, but they don't. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by asking what is likely to be their true demographic to pony up 75-90 for tickets to sit in the "better" seats. I've mentioned this before, but even my bronze level ticket went up from roughly $280 per ticket in 2013 to roughly $375 per ticket in 2014. Any way you slice it, that is a horrible increase, especially percentage wise.

As stated I have Bronze season tickets, and sit in the 200 level. I truly believe that the 200 level is a much better place to watch the game, due to the brutal design of seating in the 100 level.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

I do believe that the majority of Argos tickets are priced too high for them to get the desired attendance they need. It's OK to bump your prices in certain areas if you have a high number of corporate ticket sales, but they don't. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by asking what is likely to be their true demographic to pony up 75-90 for tickets to sit in the "better" seats. I've mentioned this before, but even my bronze level ticket went up from roughly $280 per ticket in 2013 to roughly $375 per ticket in 2014. Any way you slice it, that is a horrible increase, especially percentage wise.

As stated I have Bronze season tickets, and sit in the 200 level. I truly believe that the 200 level is a much better place to watch the game, due to the brutal design of seating in the 100 level.
    I also sit in the Bronze 200 Level, I agree that the 200 Level is the best place to watch football at the Rogers Centre. However I only paid $605 total for my 2 season tickets and I was able to make multiple payments from my credit card with the payment plan so I certainly can't complain about the prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I also sit in the Bronze 200 Level, I agree that the 200 Level is the best place to watch football at the Rogers Centre. However I only paid $605 total for my 2 season tickets and I was able to make multiple payments from my credit card with the payment plan so I certainly can't complain about the prices.
    That pisses me off that I paid about $150 more than you did for basically the same 2 seats.

Apparently, since I was late renewing, I missed the early bird cutoff to keep 2013 prices. That was a load of crap. My old ticket rep would always honour the early bird renewal price for me as I always renew in April--and I'm a long time ST holder. Then they give me a new ticke rep, and he says he can't do that. If I wasn't a die hard, I might have just cancelled my ST's and bought off scalpers for every game. Would have ended up paying less.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    That pisses me off that I paid about $150 more than you did for basically the same 2 seats.

Apparently, since I was late renewing, I missed the early bird cutoff to keep 2013 prices. That was a load of crap. My old ticket rep would always honour the early bird renewal price for me as I always renew in April--and I'm a long time ST holder. Then they give me a new ticke rep, and he says he can't do that. If I wasn't a die hard, I might have just cancelled my ST's and bought off scalpers for every game. Would have ended up paying less.
    That sucks! For me with the Payment Plan to my Credit Card I was able to spread out and delay the payments and still renew early so it was an easy decision.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I have 4 Bronze tickets Section 231 and paid $1100.00, what seems apparent is there is no consistency to their prices which will piss people off as well. Ticket prices should be better for season ticket holders period, but in general prices should be lowered to put more butts in the seats and invariably create a better game day atmosphere. Any subsequent promos should not be at the price point that season seat holders pay or what's the point in having seasons and paying up front???

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I am a die hard... and season ticket holder..... but I would like to see a few sections or a process to get $20 seats.... I really worry about seniors, college and high school kids who just don't have 35 / 40 bucks.....to me there should be small sections of affordable seats in all CFL stadiums.... not sure how you would do it and I understand the argument why you would not do this..... but I think the CFL needs to do this to bring in the casual fan.... I understand if people don't agree.... once you get people to the games..... they might find they enjoy it and want to come back.....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    I am a die hard... and season ticket holder..... but I would like to see a few sections or a process to get $20 seats.... I really worry about seniors, college and high school kids who just don't have 35 / 40 bucks.....to me there should be small sections of affordable seats in all CFL stadiums.... not sure how you would do it and I understand the argument why you would not do this..... but I think the CFL needs to do this to bring in the casual fan.... I understand if people don't agree.... once you get people to the games..... they might find they enjoy it and want to come back.....
    I agree wholehearedly. If the Argos are to survive longterm they need to expand their attendance base. Providing cheap tickets to get people out for the first or second time, especially for students and seniors, might help and wouldn't hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level

Interesting that you discuss the sight lines. I was in RC for the 07 Grey Cup game and we were 3 rows up from field level. I watched most of the game on the jumbotron because I couldn't see over the media, cheerleaders, players...etc. Very poor sight lines in 100 level.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    Interesting that you discuss the sight lines. I was in RC for the 07 Grey Cup game and we were 3 rows up from field level. I watched most of the game on the jumbotron because I couldn't see over the media, cheerleaders, players...etc. Very poor sight lines in 100 level.
    The slope of the 100 level is not steep enough, I have had tickets 25 rows up and didn't care for the lack of elevation which hinders your sight lines and takes you too far from the field. Multi purpose stadiums such as Skydome do not suit one particular sport well at all IMO.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    The slope of the 100 level is not steep enough, I have had tickets 25 rows up and didn't care for the lack of elevation which hinders your sight lines and takes you too far from the field. Multi purpose stadiums such as Skydome do not suit one particular sport well at all IMO.
    Add to the the fact that Skydome was built as a multi-purpose stadium with a baseball bias. So even though its not that great for baseball, its even worse for football.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:

Level
    The prices still suck and most of the Beer Stands are cash only. At least you can pay by Credit or Debit Card at the Rogers Centre. Also the beer selection is worse at BMO Field IMO, and it's not great at the Rogers Centre to begin with.

Section 117 area has a decent beer selection......

^ ^ I sit in row 33 , 100 level near the the 55 ; angle of view is much better than the lower rows.

Apparently, since I was late renewing, I missed the early bird cutoff to keep 2013 prices. That was a load of crap. My old ticket rep would always honour the early bird renewal price for me as I always renew in April--and I'm a long time ST holder. Then they give me a new ticket rep, and he says he can't do that. If I wasn't a die hard, I might have just cancelled my ST's and bought off scalpers for every game. Would have ended up paying less.

The scalpers are a shifty looking bunch ; might get a deal or you might get screwed . I just can't see my self buying anything from dirty , toothless homeless looking dude.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyice View Post
    The scalpers are a shifty looking bunch ; might get a deal or you might get screwed . I just can't see my self buying anything from dirty , toothless homeless looking dude.
    I'm with you on this one, I think the same thing every game when walking up to the stadium, would much rather walk up to the box office and pay face ticket value than encourage these guys.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm with you on this one, I think the same thing every game when walking up to the stadium, would much rather walk up to the box office and pay face ticket value than encourage these guys.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I always wonder how much do they make if they keep coming out each home game? I tried crunching the numbers but it's just like the Michigan bottle scheme.

I would also give my tickets away for free or donate them before selling them to scalpers.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one. I always wonder how much do they make if they keep coming out each home game? I tried crunching the numbers but it's just like the Michigan bottle scheme.

I would also give my tickets away for free or donate them before selling them to scalpers.
    Not sure exactly what they make Gabe, my tickets have a face value of $42.55 ea (an odd price in itself), I paid $26.00 ea for my season tickets.
    My guess is these guys buy up blocks of seats and sell the at face value or even a few buck less and still make a decent profit assuming they are buying at the same price point as we are. Just my guess I could be totally off on this one.
    I have often wondered why these guys sell tickets at Argonaut games with so many seats available thru the box office but they continue to so they must be making some cash doing this.

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Not sure exactly what they make Gabe, my tickets have a face value of $42.55 ea (an odd price in itself), I paid $26.00 ea for my season tickets.
    My guess is these guys buy up blocks of seats and sell the at face value or even a few buck less and still make a decent profit assuming they are buying at the same price point as we are. Just my guess I could be totally off on this one.
    I have often wondered why these guys sell tickets at Argonaut games with so many seats available thru the box office but they continue to so they must be making some cash doing this.
    I know they get seasons with the discounts and also lowball sellers with extras but who's buying these tickets? I haven't seen anyone buying from a scalper in a very long time, although it only takes me a second to pass them by. I just don't see a market in scalping Argos tickets but I guess they're making something off of it.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyice View Post

Section 117 area has a decent beer selection......
    At BMO Field?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I usually only get cans (usually from the beer kiosk in Section 235, by the Bacardi Bar which apparently has more variety On Tap) and from my experiences the Rogers Centre has a better selection. At least I can get a can of Sleeman at the Rogers Centre, even if it is my least favorite type of Sleeman.
    I went into the Bacardi Bar by Section 230 and they actually have a few more beers On Tap to choose from. They have Shock Top, Leffe and Rolling Rock plus a couple others and a Cider. You can also pay electronically.