Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket prices.

New Fan
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I had Season Tickets for the Argonauts in 1992 and had gone to about 5 home games in an Incredible Season a Championship Season 1991.
    Later i bought Season tickets for the Argonauts in Season 1999 and 2000.
    Moving to Downtown Hamilton in 2002 i bought Season tickets at the former Ivor Wynne Stadium in 2002 and 2003 and far more current 2012 the last Season at Ivor Wynne.
    Living out here i cheered for the hometown squad, although i grew up with the Argonauts as a kid in the early 70's my Dad took me when my Uncle gave him his tickets as he had Season's then and that's when 45,000 would pack and sell out Exhibition Stadium. And in those days we dreamed of 2 tings----a Dome Stadium and beer in the stands!!!
    I just want to say being outside in the weather often sucks!!! If i am not a purist to heck with it!! I LOVE the Rogers Centre and i watched 2 games this Season in Toronto.
    And next year i am buying Season's to the Argonauts---and i am very happy we are at the Rogers Centre!! It is a great place to watch a game and you don't get drenched, feel so achy and cold just to be entertained??
    I wish all these people today could get in a time machine travel back to the 1970's at Exhibition Stadium and rap with the Fans then and maybe just maybe they might be more easy and thankful for us playing at the Rogers Centre. I have always LOVED the Argonauts!!! Glad to be coming home!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Glad to have you back with the Argos! ......even if we are only in the Skydome for a couple more years.

Personally, if the Argos weren't treated like second class citizens, the Skydome could be liveable. It doesn't have the atmosphere like the RedBlacks new TDPlace or the Ticats THF .... Those stadiums feel like the fans are actually part of the game. ..... Mind you there are more in those stadiums than what show up for the
    Argos ... But hopefully that will change.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Just got my 2015 season ticket renewal e-mail and there is a price increase.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    ok so its not just me ... there is an increase. LOL. WOW

Ummm.

There is a price increase... my Bronze seats are $36/game ... $41 a game if you don't include the preseason game they make us buy .... 9 years ... now I gotta decide whether to downgrade to blues, or just get out and buy tickets every game outside, or from the wicked online deals.

Anyone elses thoughts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I got my renewal today as well. Just wondering, for those that have bronze seats, what are they asking for your renewal. On my renewal, they are asking per ticket: 300.00 + 39.00 HST + 30.00 facilities fee, for a total of 369 per ticket. I don't have a problem paying it if everyone else is paying the same amount, but I'll be damned if I pay more than others for the same level in 2015 as I did in 2014.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I got my renewal today as well. Just wondering, for those that have bronze seats, what are they asking for your renewal. On my renewal, they are asking per ticket: 300.00 + 39.00 HST + 30.00 facilities fee, for a total of 369 per ticket. I don't have a problem paying it if everyone else is paying the same amount, but I'll be damned if I pay more than others for the same level in 2015 as I did in 2014.
    thats my rate as well angelo... except im not paying it .. gotta decide to downgrade to blue and actually sit in one of the 10,000 empty seats, or just wat for deals like last yr that my friends all used

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by herrington2828 View Post
    thats my rate as well angelo... except im not paying it .. gotta decide to downgrade to blue and actually sit in one of the 10,000 empty seats, or just wat for deals like last yr that my friends all used
    I wonder how many other season ticket holders are having similar thoughts. I thought prices were going to be the same or less and I honestly don't understand the reasoning or the justification behind an increase after this season. I can't imagine this price increase is going to be good for attendance next season. I feel bad for the ticket reps that have to try and sell this now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The way I understand it, people that renewed early in 2014, received the same rate as for 2013. I renewed late, and thus paid full price, which is the same I am paying this year (actually about $7 less per seat). Those that renewed early in 2014, are going to pay actual price in 2015. They just really beat around the bush on this, though, so I can understand people getting po'd. I was po'd when I didn't get the same price as everyone else in 2014, and am still po'd that rather than bring me back to their prices, they are bringing everyone else up to my prices. Pretty sad when you are playing to less than 19k every game to increase the prices.

Argo Fan
    Achievements:

Level
    The way I understand it, people that renewed early in 2014, received the same rate as for 2013. I renewed late, and thus paid full price, which is the same I am paying this year (actually about $7 less per seat). Those that renewed early in 2014, are going to pay actual price in 2015. They just really beat around the bush on this, though, so I can understand people getting po'd. I was po'd when I didn't get the same price as everyone else in 2014, and am still po'd that rather than bring me back to their prices, they are bringing everyone else up to my prices. Pretty sad when you are playing to less than 19k every game to increase the prices.
    Called my rep today and that is exactly what he said. Without naming who I spoke with, he said they are taking a list of comments / complaints this week and bringing it to the appropriate people next eek, so I would say CALL IN! Make yourself heard. I did, and with enough makin voices heard change may arise.

I 100% though WILL NOT be renewing my 4,and the other buddy who was going to join to make it 6, said no tx .... either downgrading to 4 in BLUE or just scalp 4 year

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well I just sent an email with how I feel, starting with how I paid so much more than others for the same seats last year, to the no effort fan appreciation night, to the lack of incentive to actually pay market value for tickets, when scalpers are selling them for so cheap.

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not sure what Argo tickets were like pre-2005 (when I started following), which I was young so I'm not sure what the prices were like after that either but I heard from multiple people from across all fanbases that many fans starting watching the game in the cheap seats. It wasn't like today, where I bet many kids would go to the games by themselves, with friends and get the cheapest tickets available at the box office or from other promotions.

I'm just not sure how the league can allow teams to charge so much for playoff tickets, when both Sem-Finals weren't sell outs and now the Argos doing this when they need more fans then ever.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

New Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Ticket prices are killer. For a team that is struggling with attendance and mired in what is turning into a crisis, these ticket prices are outrageous. I would love to be an Argos season ticket holder, but the fan experience is so poor that its not worth the trek when I could watch it from the comfort of my house.

Have they not realized this? Look at the TV numbers. They're actually very good. Far from what you'd expect from a "dead team". The fans are there. But many share my sentiment. The Argos need to make it an experience to go to a game. They need to make it worth it for fans to make the journey. As of right now, they're falling well short.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm not sure what Argo tickets were like pre-2005 (when I started following), which I was young so I'm not sure what the prices were like after that either but I heard from multiple people from across all fanbases that many fans starting watching the game in the cheap seats. It wasn't like today, where I bet many kids would go to the games by themselves, with friends and get the cheapest tickets available at the box office or from other promotions.

I'm just not sure how the league can allow teams to charge so much for playoff tickets, when both Sem-Finals weren't sell outs and now the Argos doing this when they need more fans then ever.
    The "Braley Model" seems to have taken hold somewhat across the league. That model says that it is better to have a fewer number of fans paying high prices than a larger number of fans paying a more reasonable and affordable rate to go to games. The problem with this model, as I see it, is how do you ever grow your fanbase if you don't have a decent number of cheaper seats?
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Aside from the price, which absolutely should have been frozen or reduced based on this year's attendance, there is the matter of the schedule. As I understand it we are being asked to buy 10 games including a preseason game. Squeezing in nine regular-season games at home in 2015, when Pan Am Games are going to take over RC for a month or so, will be a stretch, to say the least. I would not be surprised if we end up having a "home" game in Moncton or even Hamilton. And there is no way the preseason game at Varsity should be charged at full price. There is no reserved seating there so all tickets are essentially worth the same price, yet the team is prepared to charge differential prices for that game? Not acceptable.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Please retweet and favorite the following:

The more response to the tweet the more likely we will hear something on the subject.

Also as herrington2828 has mentioned, calling your ticket rep is also a good idea. Just remember your rep isn't the one that set the prices.

EDIT: Also messaged them on Facebook.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 11-18-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    my email / rant (with names removed for obvious reasons). I know it doesn't matter much but my two cents....

Hi ,

I know this isn't your doing but I want to make my thoughts known.
    I'm very surprised at the increase in prices for 2015, given this past
    year and the projection that in 2015 we are going to have an even
    worse schedule given the pan am games in Toronto. My dad and I have
    been season seat holders since around 2000 and use the games as a sort
    of excuse to get together since we live farther apart now, used to be
    great as it occurred every 2 or 3 weeks throughout the season.
    However the current practice (again I understand not yours or the
    argos doing) where a whack of home games are slammed together within a
    month or 3 within 18 days like last season has sort of made this a
    moot point. My dad is driving into the city from about 100km to the
    east and the past two years have definitely put a strain on this due
    to the schedule and the overall declining atmosphere and fan
    experience to be honest. We love the Argos and always will but we'll
    definitely be reconsidering this purchase in 2015 given what I've told
    you here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I received a call back from my rep today after sending my email last night. He told me that I'm not alone in sending my thoughts in.
    He did say that my thoughts would be passed on to the higher ups. Now, I'm not a fool. I'm sure he was telling me basically what he believes I wanted to hear for some sort of damage control, but it was still pretty nice to get a call so quickly after voicing my displeasure.

It's a tough situtation as a die hard fan. I'd love to see them treat their loyal, paying fans better, but at the same time, I don't want to encourage others to take a stand and not buy tickets, because in the end, Braley would likely just fold the team under that scenario.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:

Level
    agree Angelo - it would actually take a lot for me not to renew. That said I also felt better after just venting. I'm sure nothing will change but at the very least next group huddle or whatever among argo sales reps these concerns will at least be fairly consistent across the board. Let's just leave it at the fact that this team continues to make things difficult being a die hard fan.....

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    I received a call back from my rep today after sending my email last night. He told me that I'm not alone in sending my thoughts in.
    He did say that my thoughts would be passed on to the higher ups. Now, I'm not a fool. I'm sure he was telling me basically what he believes I wanted to hear for some sort of damage control, but it was still pretty nice to get a call so quickly after voicing my displeasure.

It's a tough situtation as a die hard fan. I'd love to see them treat their loyal, paying fans better, but at the same time, I don't want to encourage others to take a stand and not buy tickets, because in the end, Braley would likely just fold the team under that scenario.
    Unfortunately the situation is out of the ticket reps hands as they don't set the prices and all they probably can do is pass on the messages they receive. I don't want people not to renew or buy tickets but at the same time the people that made the decision to increase prices should justify the reason for it. The e-mail I received for 2015 renewal had nothing but an attached .pdf invoice. That's just a bit tacky, not even a thank you for last years support. If they keep this up they are going to erode the hardcore foundation of their fan base. I'm going to wait until the day before the renewal date is up to renew. If they have a slow start on renewals they may reconsider the increase.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    TFC is not a whole lot better -- price freeze in effect only for four weeks -- but it's still better than an increase.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/tfc-...ders-1.2838313