Thread: Ticket prices.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Kind of ironic, the oldest franchise in the CFL in Canada's largest city is being run like some backwoods semi pro team, I'm sure the Toronto players do have tremendous resentment, you can bet this also hinders some free agent signings as well.
    You really have to feel bad for Jim Barker, Scott Milanovich and the rest of the football operations!!
    I don't feel bad, but I do thank them for putting a pretty good product on the field with the cards they are dealt. I would much rather have a team and not the greatest venue, rather than no team at all.

I wish more would show their support at the stadium rather than just supporting the TV numbers. But then I guess if they were filling the dome, we wouldn't get a chance to fill a different stadium ....

and to keep to the thread title .... I hope the price increases won't become a detriment to fan attendance. If you look at price increases in other venues there is a reason behind it ... planning for a new venue .... getting a new venue .... successful team .... This year for the Argos its nada, rien, zippo!

Nevertheless, I will purchase my seasons .... and hope the schedule can fit into mine. Go Argos 2015! ......with a new shoulder for Ricky!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    How does the new Hamilton stadium compare with the new Ottawa stadium?

My reply:

I know that you don't set the prices and you've been a very good ticket representative for me.*

However I question the wisdom of increasing prices when announced average attendance was dow‎n 4,135 per game to only 17,791 for the 2014 season.*

The Argonauts play in a stadium that seats 52,230 for CFL Football. That means that for the 2014 season the Rogers Centre was at an average capacity of 34%. That's something that the other CFL teams that you're comparing yourself to for pricing aren't dealing with.

Also as per the pricing below that I've found online the Argonauts are among the most expensive at the low end of Season Ticket prices.

The Season Ticket price ranges are as follows:

BC $271 - $1050
    Edmonton $235 -?*
    Calgary $222 - $839
    Saskatchewan $315 - $755 (Student and Senior pricing available)
    Winnipeg $254 - $1092
    Hamilton $288 -?*
    Toronto $255 - $819
    Ottawa ‎$229 - $918
    Montreal $178 - $839

So I'm not sure who is setting the pricing but I think that they really need to reconsider the prices for Season Ticket holders as they are your most loyal and it's my understanding that you don't have that many left. Especially since I could have just waited for the in season promotions and paid less for tickets.
    My Account Representative called me to discuss my Email. Here is a summary of what he said:

The Argonauts will be voting in favour of the motion to have the season start 2 weeks early.

The account representatives were asked for feedback about the price increase. The team did not follow their suggestions.

He doesn't forsee anymore price increases as Braley is now happy with where ticket prices are.

The Argonauts can leave Rogers Centre early but they have to give about 12 months notice so they will be at the Rogers Centre for the 2015 & 2016 season. 2017 is the last season that they can play at the Rogers Centre.

BMO Field is still a possibility if they can get a fair deal as a Tenant and come up with $20 Million.

When they move seat selection will probably be done based on how long you've had your season tickets. The longer you've had them the sooner you get to pick your new seats. (Must be consecutive seasons)

He's seen drafts of next years schedule and it looks similar to this years with lots of games in October.

He talked about how when they did their on site pregame parties they wanted to sell beer for around $4 each but they couldn't due to it being on Rogers Centre grounds.

Acknowledged that the majority of their fans are from 905 / outside of the city.

Fan Day will be at Downsview in 2015.

If I remember anything else I will add it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Good report Neely. Thanks

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    The Argonauts will be voting in favour of the motion to have the season start 2 weeks early.

He's seen drafts of next years schedule and it looks similar to this years with lots of games in October.
    Those two things are somewhat at odds with one another. We had five home games after October 1 this year. If season moves up two weeks, it will end before end of October.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I am thinking that the Argos will vote to move the season up two weeks because of the pending move outdoors to BMO Field for, hopefully, the 2016 season which would be the first season that does move forward by two weeks.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Those two things are somewhat at odds with one another. We had five home games after October 1 this year. If season moves up two weeks, it will end before end of October.
    It sounded like the schedule drafts were done before they decided that they will be voting in favour of the proposal to start the season 2 weeks earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I am thinking that the Argos will vote to move the season up two weeks because of the pending move outdoors to BMO Field for, hopefully, the 2016 season which would be the first season that does move forward by two weeks.
    That was my thought too. My rep also mentioned that it would be 2 more weeks with no NFL competition. However that seemed to be more of his personal opinion. He also mentioned that there was some concern from some teams that it would mean less time to hype up the season after the NHL finishes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    That was my thought too. My rep also mentioned that it would be 2 more weeks with no NFL competition. However that seemed to be more of his personal opinion. He also mentioned that there was some concern from some teams that it would mean less time to hype up the season after the NHL finishes.
    At least in Toronto the NHL season will be long over by then.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    OK..let's have none of that now.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    True, that's probably why the concern was coming from other teams and not the Argonauts.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    And it should be. Luckily the GC this weekend is in Vancouver. It has been bitterly cold on the praries the last few weeks and who the hell would want to sit in -30 wind chill on the praries this weekend had it been in Edmonton, Regina or Winnipeg? So yeah, I'm in favour of starting the season earlier. Besides, the Stanley Cup final is going in June featuring two American teams that nobody gives a sh@t about anyways.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Ah yes, if the game was in Edmonton it would be -19 with a windchill of -28, in Calgary it would be -19 with a windchill of -27, in Regina it would be -25 with a windchill of -37 and in Winnipeg it would be -23 with a windchill of -35. Heck even in Vancouver it's only going to get to 0.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    David Naylor was just saying on TSN that there is much opposition to moving the schedule up two weeks and that it is unlikely to happen. He also mentioned that TSN, for what it's worth, would not be keen on such a move as they get higher ratings in November than they do in June.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    David Naylor was just saying on TSN that there is much opposition to moving the schedule up two weeks and that it is unlikely to happen. He also mentioned that TSN, for what it's worth, would not be keen on such a move as they get higher ratings in November than they do in June.
    Thats rather interesting .... but is that simply because it is playoff time?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    Thats rather interesting .... but is that simply because it is playoff time?
    November is a "sweeps period" for television broadcasters along with February and May. That means that ratings in those months take on added importance which has huge implications in attracting advertisers. June is generally considered to be a lousy month for attracting large TV audiences although the NHL and NBA finals do okay. However, that also would mean some significant competition for the CFL as it tries to get kick-started on its season.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Ah yes, if the game was in Edmonton it would be -19 with a windchill of -28, in Calgary it would be -19 with a windchill of -27, in Regina it would be -25 with a windchill of -37 and in Winnipeg it would be -23 with a windchill of -35. Heck even in Vancouver it's only going to get to 0.
    At least 3 teams are voting in favour of it, Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto. Just a guess but I would imagine that Saskatchewan and Winnipeg will too.

Despite the bigger TV contract this is still a gate driven league so the CFL should be more concerned with that than TSN.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Didn't the regular season start in mid-June in 2004?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think that with 9 teams and now playing 18 games over a 20 week period, it will be difficult to move the schedule up too much. I feel the earlies a Grey cup will be played will be on the 2nd last Sunday of November. That is the way it used to be with a 9 team league previously, where if the game was played indoors, it would be the last Sunday in November, and if it was outdoors, it would be on the 2nd last Sunday.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think that with 9 teams and now playing 18 games over a 20 week period, it will be difficult to move the schedule up too much. I feel the earlies a Grey cup will be played will be on the 2nd last Sunday of November. That is the way it used to be with a 9 team league previously, where if the game was played indoors, it would be the last Sunday in November, and if it was outdoors, it would be on the 2nd last Sunday.
    The only indoor options are BC, Toronto and Montreal. And going forward Montreal and Toronto might only be options for the Grey Cup not for playoff games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    The only indoor options are BC, Toronto and Montreal. And going forward Montreal and Toronto might only be options for the Grey Cup not for playoff games.
    Grey Cup is what I was referring to. The date of the Grey Cup game was based on where the game was being played. Indoors Grey Cup games were played on the last Sunday in November, outdoors (actually, I think it was only if the game was played in the prairies) the 2nd last Sunday in November, thus moving the playoff games up a week as well.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level