Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Gap-Willie View Post
    it's a bit of a Kent Austin depth chart this week. I hope that Slaton not only plays well but avoids injury. I really don't want to find out if Woodson or Smith is his backup.
    Can't possibly compare the depth to what Austin dressed earlier this season. At least Woodson had RB on his resume. He played it throughout college, and has taken pre-season reps there. Austin, OTOH, dressed a LB who has been converted to a blocking FB as his back-up RB in C.O. Prime. Dupuis has also played RB and carried the ball in CIS, so there is another safety valve for the Argos.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Not sure what to expect tonight. If this ends up being the season finale for the Boatmen, I thoroughly enjoyed the final 6 games of the season...very entertaining final stretch.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Not sure what to expect tonight. If this ends up being the season finale for the Boatmen, I thoroughly enjoyed the final 6 games of the season...very entertaining final stretch.
    Even if the Argos don't end up in the playoffs, winning this game to go 4-2 over their last six and 8-10 on the season puts a much different spin on the season than losing to Ottawa twice to end at 7-11. If the Argos miss the playoffs, I would much rather see them miss it with the best non-playoff record the league has seen in almost 20 years than with a much more pedestrian and mediocre 7-11 record. Let's also keep in mind that two 8-10 teams have won Grey Cups.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Really like Trevor Harris mobility on that touchdown drive. But I'm biased toward mobile QB's.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    This looks much better. Hopefully we'll face Ottawa several times in the playoffs...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Harris to Chiles for TD! Love the way Trevor marched them down the field. His mobility is definitely an advantage and his willingness to go beyond the dump pass, which Ray sometimes does too often, even though I consider him the CFL's best QB.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Okalauggo leads to another Argo TD with a nice touch pass by Harris. Great to see the Argos being aggressive.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    First mistake of the night by Harris as he throws inside for an interception when the receiver could have thrown to the outside of the receiver to possibly get a TD.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    A solid first half by the Argos as they are up 20-0. Harris had a very good first half for the Argos. Just don't give the RedBlacks a sniff in the second half.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Harris gives the Argos a different look, which could be valuable if the Toronto makes the playoffs. Obviously, it's valuable if Ray can't play. However, it's also valuable if Ray can play but can't get the offence going as happened against Montreal. Harris could step in for a series or two giving the offence a different look. Even if Harris accomplishes nothing, it forces the opponents to adjust to a different style and do that again if Ray comes back in. If Harris succeeds, so much the better.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chiles gives the Argos the much needed deep threat once again with a 36 yard catch and more than 100 yards receiving.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Great news with Ray likely back if the Argos make the playoffs and Durie possibly back according to the TSN broadcast.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Good to see Woodson get more than a couple of rushes in a game. He gives the running game a different dimension with his size making him more of a bull.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    A good win tonight. Harris was impressive in his first start. I very much liked the poise that he showed. The defence was "lights out" as well. Hopefully Montreal wins tomorrow but, regardless, it is critical IMO for the Argos to keep Milanovich as head coach next year and return as much of this coaching staff as possible. I like so many of the new players that the Argos brought in this season (e.g., Whiteside, Okpalaugo, Rosamonda, Branden Smith) and think that they will only be better next season but this team needs continuity as much as anything.

With all of the challenges that the Argos faced this season, 8-10, while disappointing, is not that bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Fun first half and then when the RedBlacks put Hank in I got kind of nervous as he's owned the Argos the last little while. I agree that they need some continuity this off season and hope for many to return, of course they will all want to after our Cinderella playoff run!!!! Go Als (well, tomorrow anyway!).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chiles has had a couple of big games since he came back, including this one where he caught 6 passes for 101 yards.
    While I've never been enthralled by Barnes, he had a good game and could be important in the playoffs as he has played more than much of our injury-riddled receiving corps (I know that is not saying much) and this has increased his value.
    Emry once again, after his poor start to the season, led the team in defensive tackles and often was involved in the play.
    Harris really does give the offence an additional dimension with his mobility, providing the team with that all-important backup that is especially significant as, even if Ray does play next week, as seems likely according to the TSN broadcast, there is always the risk of a followup concussion putting him out of the game.
    Mr. Reliable, Swayze Waters, once again showed why he is the Outstanding Special Teams Argo nominee and has a good shot at winning the league award.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Good to win one by a comfortable margin. Harris played well and stayed calm and focussed. I thought both O and D lines had better than average games for them Surprisingly good team play/cohesion by our constantly changing defense Turnovers were down - penalties were down. All-in-all a satisfying win - but we need to remember that it was Ottawa. We still need to rely on Hamilton losing. Go you A...cough .. cough ..wheeze. Can't say it. Go you guys who are playing the Tiger-Pussies tomorrow !!!!!

Only a little downside. I would have liked to see some half-time adjustments and some wrinkles for the second half to really put on a show for all 19,697 of us who were there.

Too bad Owens just missed his 1,00 yard season---- by so little ( 11 yards ?) -- but it is a team game !

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Can't possibly compare the depth to what Austin dressed earlier this season. At least Woodson had RB on his resume. He played it throughout college, and has taken pre-season reps there. Austin, OTOH, dressed a LB who has been converted to a blocking FB as his back-up RB in C.O. Prime. Dupuis has also played RB and carried the ball in CIS, so there is another safety valve for the Argos.
    No need for debates. I did say " a little bit " !!
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    I thought the better team won last night. The Argos started off like a house on fire last night, but in the 2nd half, did Ottawa figure the offence out or was Harris ordered to manage the lead? I am certain Euclid Cummings surpassed Marcus Thomas's snaps played last night, I am not sure how effective he was, but he appeared to be bathed in sweat after the contest.
    Look forward to watching the Montreal-Hamilton game after work tonight...hope the "Fluke Show" can snooze another victory!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    A good win tonight. Harris was impressive in his first start. I very much liked the poise that he showed. The defence was "lights out" as well. Hopefully Montreal wins tomorrow but, regardless, it is critical IMO for the Argos to keep Milanovich as head coach next year and return as much of this coaching staff as possible. I like so many of the new players that the Argos brought in this season (e.g., Whiteside, Okpalaugo, Rosamonda, Branden Smith) and think that they will only be better next season but this team needs continuity as much as anything.

With all of the challenges that the Argos faced this season, 8-10, while disappointing, is not that bad.
    As you mentioned Ravi, Barker has assembled some great talent on the defensive side of the ball. A little more help in the secondary and this could be a solid core for many coming years. Speaking solely on that, I would think any defensive coach would love to have the opportunity or find it an attractive situation to be a part off.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    As you mentioned Ravi, Barker has assembled some great talent on the defensive side of the ball. A little more help in the secondary and this could be a solid core for many coming years. Speaking solely on that, I would think any defensive coach would love to have the opportunity or find it an attractive situation to be a part off.
    Let's hope the revolving door approach finally stops, yes they do have a solid group to build on, hopefully they stay and we can start to build a solid "championship" caliber D as well. BTW like what I see from Greenwood as well so far both on ST and D when subbed in.