Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Anyone pissed on the statue yet? haha. After being ripped off for $10 per swill dome beer don't waste it, use it on Ted. I can't drink the swill they serve at the dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Anyone pissed on the statue yet? haha. After being ripped off for $10 per swill dome beer don't waste it, use it on Ted. I can't drink the swill they serve at the dome.
    They actually had tall cans of Hockley Dark at SkyDome on Sunday. Good beer but costs $11.50.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    My piss is TOO GOOD for that gutterfilth jerk....plus that so called beer they sell at skydome looks like dishwater, and the idiot rogers flunkies are probably mandated to polish up old ted's helmet, er, statue every day
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Always find it funny how folks want to piss on ted, yet it was only after he died that Rogers started to treat the Argos like dog shit.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Always find it funny how folks want to piss on ted, yet it was only after he died that Rogers started to treat the Argos like dog shit.
    Did you not see that Bills in Toronto press conference. His arrogance about ticket prices, etc... That defined him, his organization and the culture he perpetuated. All of this after stealing the stadium from the taxpayer, and building his empire upon a subsidized industry by the Canadian taxpayer.

​HUG AND MALACHI CRUNCH ROGERS!!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Did you not see that Bills in Toronto press conference. His arrogance about ticket prices, etc... That defined him, his organization and the culture he perpetuated. All of this after stealing the stadium from the taxpayer, and building his empire upon a subsidized industry by the Canadian taxpayer.

​HUG AND MALACHI CRUNCH ROGERS!!!!
    1. Yes, he was arrogant about the ticket prices but that is what his "NFL" minions sold him on. Rogers was not a sports fan ... he was a making $ fan.

2. Rogers did NOT steal the stadium from the taxpayer. That's 100% unadulterated Bullshit. (and false too!!) Rogers is the 3rd owner after the taxpayer.

3. Rogers when ted was there was a major CFL sponsor when the CFL had no (and could not get) major sponsors. They only parted company after the CFL found major sponsors that paid more than Rogers.

So Ted was always fine. Now the Rogers of today are scum but crapping on Ted is just ignorance and at worst ... fear of the people doing the crapping today. (Nobody has the cajones to crap on Lind!!)

PS: And since it's obvious you don't know this. The real value of the Dome is still to this day owned by the taxpayer.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    1. Yes, he was arrogant about the ticket prices but that is what his "NFL" minions sold him on. Rogers was not a sports fan ... he was a making $ fan.

2. Rogers did NOT steal the stadium from the taxpayer. That's 100% unadulterated Bullshit. (and false too!!) Rogers is the 3rd owner after the taxpayer.

3. Rogers when ted was there was a major CFL sponsor when the CFL had no (and could not get) major sponsors. They only parted company after the CFL found major sponsors that paid more than Rogers.

So Ted was always fine. Now the Rogers of today are scum but crapping on Ted is just ignorance and at worst ... fear of the people doing the crapping today. (Nobody has the cajones to crap on Lind!!)

PS: And since it's obvious you don't know this. The real value of the Dome is still to this day owned by the taxpayer.
    He brought the NFL here and wanted them here. He bought the stadium for a fraction of what it cost to build in inflated dollars. We subsidized that just like his infrastructure. Why would the CFL want a partner that openly brings NFL here and did little to report on the league. Rogers Corp today is worse because they openly sabotage the team. I'm just saying Ted wasn't a great partner and laid the foundation for what his company is today. Please educate me on how RC is still owned by the taxpayer. If that were the case we would not be looking for somewhere else to play in October.

MALACHI CRUNCH ROGERS

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Please educate me on how RC is still owned by the taxpayer.
    I believe the land under Rogers Centre is still owned by the city but not the building.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I believe the land under Rogers Centre is still owned by the city but not the building.
    If that is indeed the case, is rogers paying 100% of the proper taxes? OR did they get a break on that as well. (i would tend to believe the latter)
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Don
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Canada Lands Company

A product of the fact that the land used to be one giant rail yard.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level

Rogers

Has anyone cancelled any Rogers services due to the treatment of the Argonauts. It is clear that Rogers is against the CFL, Bell and in turn this is hurting the oldest professional franchise in North America. This is political. That is why they did not want to be part of MLSE bid to buy the Argos.

Who has cancelled services? Has anyone had luck in moving to Bell or to anyone else? I hate Rogers and their bully tactics. Maybe instead of spending billions on a bad television hockey deal they could have competed with TSN/Bell for the CFL rights instead of being sore losers.

Go Argos GO!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Did it yesterday. Ported our business cellphone business over to Bell. Not too difficult given the awful customer service at Rogers. Bell should setup at Tim Hortons Field and other stadia and offer CFL promotions to take Rogers accounts. Rogers has it coming.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Years ago I divested from all Rogers products, cable and cell phones.
    The past week I decided not to watch any of the playoff games and I can honestly say didn't miss much.
    Now that the BJ won the first round let's unite here for the next round and heaven forbid the WS.
    Rogers has done more then enough to try to kill our CFL and the Argos in the city.
    Look what has happened this year as the team is basically playing out of a suitcase.
    The only exception to my rule was attending the Crap dome as I have been a multi year season ticket holder.
    Will anyone join me in this cause?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Just moved into a new house 3 weeks ago, we had the choice between Rogers and Bell Fibe, I went with Bell for obvious reasons.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Rogers offers unmatched performance where I live. Their broadband is superior and a must for my PS4. I much prefer cable to Satellite TV. I am not going to settle for an inferior product to participate in a lost cause, no matter how just it sounds. I did switch my business cell to Telus from Rogers, for a corporate plan with amazing value.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Rogers offers unmatched performance where I live. Their broadband is superior and a must for my PS4. I much prefer cable to Satellite TV. I am not going to settle for an inferior product to participate in a lost cause, no matter how just it sounds. I did switch my business cell to Telus from Rogers, for a corporate plan with amazing value.

I don't understand what you mean as "lost cause"?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I don't understand what you mean as "lost cause"?
    Easy, 10 Argo fans trying to change the world. As much as I understand the situation, I'm a realist.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Easy, 10 Argo fans trying to change the world. As much as I understand the situation, I'm a realist.

I adhere to the philosophy of life how each of us in our own way can change things or make a statement.
    For you, it therefore appears how voting is also a lost cause as it only counts for one?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have Rogers for my cell phone, but will switch when my contract is up next year SO LONG as Bell can match what Rogers provides me. I'm like ArgoZ. I'm not going to greatly inconvenience myself or cost myself more money for a cause that in the grand scheme of things won't amount to much, but I will when all things given are near equal. If had a lot of spare money or no need for convenience, I would switch from Rogers in a heartbeat.

Its not the same as voting. I know my vote means little but I will inconvenience myself to cast it.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I have Rogers for my cell phone, but will switch when my contract is up next year SO LONG as Bell can match what Rogers provides me. I'm like ArgoZ. I'm not going to greatly inconvenience myself or cost myself more money for a cause that in the grand scheme of things won't amount to much, but I will when all things given are near equal. If had a lot of spare money or no need for convenience, I would switch from Rogers in a heartbeat.

Its not the same as voting. I know my vote means little but I will inconvenience myself to cast it.
    What's the inconvenience, make your choice (one way or the other) and carry on.