Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    What's the inconvenience, make your choice (one way or the other) and carry on.
    Not all cell phone plans are equal my friend. Free evenings and weekends, number of texts, amount of data. I have a grandfathered corporate plan from Rogers that allots me those things for no extra cost. I know for sure I can get a similarly priced plan from Bell, but it may lack those extra things that are a convenience to me. So it comes to money or convenience. If Bell can match it, I'm going over simply because of this Argos issue (and simply because of this issue, its not like Bell is this saintly corporation, they just happen to support this one thing I like). If they can't come close, then sorry, I will stay with Rogers. Same like ArgoZ, he will lose his higher speed internet and good cable TV. That's an inconvenience to him.

*EDIT* As a matter of fact speaking of convenience, I would switch to Wind in a heartbeat regardless of this Rogers treating the Argos like crap BS, because I can get an excellent plan from them for less money than I pay Rogers, but their coverage is so crap, its almost useless and therefore inconvenient.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Switched all our services away from Bell years ago. Will never go back to their inferior networks and terrible customer service.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Switched all our services away from Bell years ago. Will never go back to their inferior networks and terrible customer service.
    That's also it, my original cell services were with Bell. Terrible customer service, complete with outright lies and overcharging. I actually switched to Rogers because of that. Not that they have been much better, but they have been better than Bell was. But that was more than a decade ago, so I will give Bell another shot if they can match what I have from Rogers, only because of this BS.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    Not all cell phone plans are equal my friend. Free evenings and weekends, number of texts, amount of data. I have a grandfathered corporate plan from Rogers that allots me those things for no extra cost. I know for sure I can get a similarly priced plan from Bell, but it may lack those extra things that are a convenience to me. So it comes to money or convenience. If Bell can match it, I'm going over simply because of this Argos issue (and simply because of this issue, its not like Bell is this saintly corporation, they just happen to support this one thing I like). If they can't come close, then sorry, I will stay with Rogers. Same like ArgoZ, he will lose his higher speed internet and good cable TV. That's an inconvenience to him.

*EDIT* As a matter of fact speaking of convenience, I would switch to Wind in a heartbeat regardless of this Rogers treating the Argos like crap BS, because I can get an excellent plan from them for less money than I pay Rogers, but their coverage is so crap, its almost useless and therefore inconvenient.
    No kidding, it's called competition, like I said do what's best for you and carry on, I chose Bell however they all pretty much suck and overcharge for their services, I'm fortunate enough that I don't worry about cell service as my company takes care of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    No kidding, it's called competition, like I said do what's best for you and carry on, I chose Bell however they all pretty much suck and overcharge for their services, I'm fortunate enough that I don't worry about cell service as my company takes care of that.
    I get it. Like I said, if I didn't have to care, then I'm going to Bell without question. Not everyone has that option without consideration. I will do what's best for me and carry on, which may or may not be the best thing for the Argos. All things being equal, it will be what's best for the Argos.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    I have Rogers for my cell phone, but will switch when my contract is up next year SO LONG as Bell can match what Rogers provides me. I'm like ArgoZ. I'm not going to greatly inconvenience myself or cost myself more money for a cause that in the grand scheme of things won't amount to much, but I will when all things given are near equal. If had a lot of spare money or no need for convenience, I would switch from Rogers in a heartbeat.

Its not the same as voting. I know my vote means little but I will inconvenience myself to cast it.
    When I spoke to Bell yesterday, they mentioned crediting my account with the value of my existing contract with Rogers. It was necessary because I always buy my hardware so I am not beholden to anyone. By the way, from a price point of view, Bell offered a package that included an additional user and more data for about the same as Rogers without the additional user.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1971GreyCup View Post
    When I spoke to Bell yesterday, they mentioned crediting my account with the value of my existing contract with Rogers. It was necessary because I always buy my hardware so I am not beholden to anyone. By the way, from a price point of view, Bell offered a package that included an additional user and more data for about the same as Rogers without the additional user.
    That's good to know. My hardware is unlocked (Nexus 5), but still have a tab with Rogers until February. I will see if they will match and credit me.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Switched all in July to Bell. Had been with Rogers for 15 years. Saving 40% for the next 2 years. I had wanted to do this for years because of their treatment of Argos.

Next time we are at Rogers Centre let's get a great rendition of Rogers suck when they put up a video tribute to the Rogers years. Whose with me? Let's go...
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Switched in August of 2013 to Bell Fibe. It is WAAAAYYYYYY better than Rogers digital as far as TV goes. I've mentioned before, I had huge issues with my Rogers service for years. My digital cable would show crap, they would send over a technician, it would be good for a couple of weeks and it would show crap again. Also lost cable connection very frequently. Since I have switched to Bell, my TV service has been great. I have 4 boxes,3 of which are wireless, and they all show great. I also saved about $100 a month when I first switched for the first year, and still to this date pay $50 less per month than I did with Rogers once you combine all my services.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I switched my cable to Fibe as soon as it came in a few years ago. When the Rogers rep asked my why I was switching, I specifically said because of their treatment of the Argos and their willingness to bring in the Bills. I was met with stony silence.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    I switched my cable to Fibe as soon as it came in a few years ago. When the Rogers rep asked my why I was switching, I specifically said because of their treatment of the Argos and their willingness to bring in the Bills. I was met with stony silence.
    Because they are probable dumbfounded that anyone likes the Argos.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    Next time we are at Rogers Centre let's get a great rendition of Rogers suck when they put up a video tribute to the Rogers years. Whose with me? Let's go...

I love it! F U Rogers! Go Royals Go!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    And before a certain poster asks for proof about Rogers having better networks:

Rogers named fastest Internet Service Provider in Canada by PCMag.com:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2c28...24462%2c00.asp

According to a study by comScore, the average Canadian spends more time online per month than citizens of any other country—45 hours a month. North of the border, cable providers rule when it comes to broadband Internet. Fiber services as big as FiOS don't exist there and startups like OneGigabit in Vancouver are hoping to make a Google Fiber-like splash, but they're only getting started.
    In Canada there's no provider bigger than Rogers Cable, a subsidiary of gigantic Rogers Communications, which is itself descended from a vacuum tube company. Rogers has subscribers across Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador. PCMag readers' tests in the provinces showed Rogers has the goods, with a nationwide download speed of 27.2Mbps and upload speed of 2.2Mbps, leading to an index of 22.2 .
    Rogers named fastest Mobile Provider in Canada by PCMag.com:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2c28...25457%2c00.asp

In the first-ever nationwide public test of Canadian high-speed mobile networks, we found that in 13 top Canadian metro areas, Bell, Rogers, and Telus offer enviable speeds and respectable reliability. Urban Canadians can get online fast, often at speeds that would make south-of-the-border Americans green with envy.
    The peak speeds delivered by the big three carrier's new LTE networks are nothing short of breathtaking. We saw a 92Mbps download on Rogers' 2600MHz LTE network in Vancouver, the highest result we've seen anywhere in four years of testing.

ROGERS Wins Both Fastest Titles Again:

Fastest Mobile Networks Canada:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468510,00.asp

Fastest ISP:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2467272,00.asp

In our second annual test of Canadian wireless service, we found that the "big three" Canadian carriers offer excellent LTE speeds and coverage across the nation's top metro areas, and solid 3G coverage in smaller cities. Bell and Rogers, especially, could really teach U.S. carriers how to build urban LTE networks.

Bell and Rogers trade wins city by city and feature by feature. Rogers' download speeds are unmatched across much of Canada, but Bell's lead on the other factors helped it pull ahead in a slight majority of our cities. We'd say that Rogers has Canada's fastest downloads by a long shot, but Bell has a better-balanced network.

Last year's winner for fastest ISP in Canada makes a return, with improved performance. Rogers is the country's biggest TV and Internet provider, with 930,000 Internet users across Ontario, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador, yet still manages to get the overall best PCMag Speed Index score among its completion. And that 30.3 score is a major improvement over last year's index of 22.2.

Also Rogers is rolling out 4K Ultra HD broadcasts next year.

And they're also rolling out Gig Internet within 1 year. Bell is doing it in 3 years:

http://www.stockhouse.com/news/press...to-live-sports

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Neely...your obviously a rogers employee...or some kind of rogers lacky, so i take your rogers cheerleading, and links with a grain of salt.

Rogers, Ted the dead, his idiot son, the blow jays, and all the ANTI-CFL losers that they have in their employ, are HUMAN GUTTERFILTH in my opinion.

Oh and btw, the Skydome is the ONLY name i will ever utter when talking about the concrete convertible by the lake.
    MakeArgonautsGreatAgain, 2021

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    Neely...your obviously a rogers employee...or some kind of rogers lacky, so i take your rogers cheerleading, and links with a grain of salt.

Rogers, Ted the dead, his idiot son, the blow jays, and all the ANTI-CFL losers that they have in their employ, are HUMAN GUTTERFILTH in my opinion.

Oh and btw, the Skydome is the ONLY name i will ever utter when talking about the concrete convertible by the lake.
    Wrong on both counts. I don't like the way that Rogers treats the Argonauts or the CFL. However I'm not going to join the blind hate all things Rogers bandwagon. I'm able to be objective and see and acknowledge both the good and bad about both Rogers and Bell.

As to the Links they're from an independent 3rd party magazine - PC Magazine.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Wrong on both counts. I don't like the way that Rogers treats the Argonauts or the CFL. However I'm not going to join the blind hate all things Rogers bandwagon. I'm able to be objective and see and acknowledge both the good and bad about both Rogers and Bell.

As to the Links they're from an independent 3rd party magazine - PC Magazine.
    I disagree, your posts show you as a rogers loyalist.

BTW, who owns, and who are the largest sponsor/advertiser in these rags your quoting? Nothing online, or in print these days is without an agenda.

Its not about rogers v bell for me, its about rogers being ANTI-CFL, ANTI-ARGOS, and UN-Canadian.

To bescumber everything rogers would be appropriate.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level

He's also a Bruins fan. Yeesh.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Well thats the "STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK" ....

hehe

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    I disagree, your posts show you as a rogers loyalist.

BTW, who owns, and who are the largest sponsor/advertiser in these rags your quoting? Nothing online, or in print these days is without an agenda.

Its not about rogers v bell for me, its about rogers being ANTI-CFL, ANTI-ARGOS, and UN-Canadian.

To bescumber everything rogers would be appropriate.
    No I'm able to be objective and see both the positives and negatives but you've already shown that you have a difficult time dealing with anyone that has a different opinion than you.

As to PC Magazine a quick Google search reveals:

PC Magazine (sometimes referred to as PC Mag) is a computer magazine published by Ziff Davis. A print edition was published from 1982 to January 2009. Publication of online editions started in late 1994 and continues to this day.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post

Yup the Bruins and the Argonauts are my teams.

Certainly no one here could cheer for the Leafs / Raptors / Marlies / Jays or TFC since they're all owned by Rogers & cheering for any of them would be "UN-CANADIAN"!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    "said Argonauts Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge. “We have reviewed the ALCS championship schedule and, despite nearly five days between potential baseball home dates, we have been informed by Rogers Centre officials that there is insufficient time to convert the stadium from baseball to football, and then back again, to accommodate our game on the 23rd"