Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    "said Argonauts Executive Chairman & CEO, Chris Rudge. “We have reviewed the ALCS championship schedule and, despite nearly five days between potential baseball home dates, we have been informed by Rogers Centre officials that there is insufficient time to convert the stadium from baseball to football, and then back again, to accommodate our game on the 23rd"

Rogers is obviously not bring truthful as their own website says that it takes about 30 hours to convert the field:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cf...212545321.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    The SkyDome website still shows the Argos playing there on October 6th, 17th, and 23rd.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Dropped Rogers Cable in favour of an antenna years ago - but after moving to Oakville and discovering my wife can't exist without the Food Network, we have cable again but fortunately it's Cogeco. I get pretty good internet speeds with them too. (120 Mbps down. wheee.)

Given everything that's going on., a month ago I finally moved all the family cell phones off of Rogers on to Telus, and last week I dropped NextIssue (Texture) - a tablet-based sort of Netflix-of-Magazines thing also run by Rogers.

No regrets on any of this (well, a small regret about NextIssue, I did like that.) I almost want to sign up for something else so I can drop it too. It's very satisfying to let them know why.
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Did everyone notice the Rogers ad at centre field at THF Saturday! How about we get some black paint that will adhere to the turf and cross it out Friday night. Rogers U Suck! Screwing the CFL anyway you can.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Easy, 10 Argo fans trying to change the world. As much as I understand the situation, I'm a realist.
    10 Argo fans? No the animosity and abandonment towards Rogers is league wide, myself included.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showt...-Argos-are-out

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    10 Argo fans? No the animosity and abandonment towards Rogers is league wide, myself included.

http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showt...-Argos-are-out
    Well there's definitely some animosity towards Toronto, the Argonauts and their fans in that thread.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by shayman View Post
    Dropped Rogers Cable in favour of an antenna years ago - but after moving to Oakville and discovering my wife can't exist without the Food Network, we have cable again but fortunately it's Cogeco. I get pretty good internet speeds with them too. (120 Mbps down. wheee.)

Given everything that's going on., a month ago I finally moved all the family cell phones off of Rogers on to Telus, and last week I dropped NextIssue (Texture) - a tablet-based sort of Netflix-of-Magazines thing also run by Rogers.

No regrets on any of this (well, a small regret about NextIssue, I did like that.) I almost want to sign up for something else so I can drop it too. It's very satisfying to let them know why.
    Sorry buddy, you can't win, Rogers owns 11.40% of Cogeco.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argo57 View Post
    sorry buddy, you can't win, rogers owns 11.40% of cogeco.
    nooooooooooooooooooo!
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Well there's definitely some animosity towards Toronto, the Argonauts and their fans in that thread.
    Where is the animosity towards Toronto, the Argos and their fans? Maybe the odd village idiot here and there.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    Where is the animosity towards Toronto, the Argos and their fans? Maybe the odd village idiot here and there.
    Negative posts about the city of Toronto, it's fan base being wimps, there not being a fan base...

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    People have to take a stand when they feel the need. Might just be my old punk sensibilities but I'm always taking my own personal stand. I don't do big box stores 99.9% of the time. I don't drink or buy anything at Rogers. I don't support big corporations by purchasing their products. I don't buy stuff from China. They are massive polluters, treat many of their people and the environment like SHITE. I don't support mainstream SHITE!!!! The list goes on.
    It's not like I'm out there spreading my views like some sort of whacked out cult leader it's just how I live. Tell me huge corporations don't realize this. There's a reason the huge beer guys keep buying up little craft breweries. They want it all. I'd stop drinking beer if I couldn't get quality craft beer. I won't drink another Mill Street Beer as they've sold themselves down the river. Oi Oi Oi!!!!!

Plus if I can't get quality craft Nut Brown Ale for my squirrel I'll have to cut him off of beer as well.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Saw a two minute segment while flipping channels after the Argo win. On a Jays special show Brad Faye asked Steven Brunt about what might happen now that the Argos will be at BMO. Brunt said don't hold your breath on natural sod. Nice and isn't this the main reason those A$$holes at Rogers wanted us gone. Screw them and their rundown dome.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Saw a two minute segment while flipping channels after the Argo win. On a Jays special show Brad Faye asked Steven Brunt about what might happen now that the Argos will be at BMO. Brunt said don't hold your breath on natural sod. Nice and isn't this the main reason those A$$holes at Rogers wanted us gone. Screw them and their rundown dome.
    The Jays can do whatever they want for all that I care. Rogers and the SkyDome were killing the Argos and they absolutely had to get out of there.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    When it comes to Rogers, I have one comment. Free at last, free at last!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Has Karma Caught Up With Roges?

After treating the Argos so badly in terms of scheduling and other things for so many years, Rogers which wants nothing to do with what is such a low-level sport in its view, may be having to deal with karma.
    After signing a very expensive deal with the NHL, it has a problem. As of today, not one NHL Canadian team is in a playoff position in the standings. Certainly things can change quickly as witnessed in the opposite direction by Montreal's nosedive in the standings after a 9-0 start. However, the history of Canadian NHL viewership shows that it falls as Canadian teams drop out of the Stanley Cup race and drops even more once all Canadian teams are gone. Not good news for Rogers.
    Only once in history (1969-1970) was there no Canadian team in the playoffs. Could this be happening again?
    Furthermore, with the drop in the value of the Canadian dollar, Canadian teams are going to find it increasingly difficult to compete with American teams over time. This already happened the last time the Canadian dollar hit the skids, contributing to the relocation of some teams to the US. However, I think the Canadian teams are in a better position to at least survive, if not thrive.
    I am not looking forward to such a playoff picture, but somewhere out there Buddha, Bell and Braley must be smirking.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    After treating the Argos so badly in terms of scheduling and other things for so many years, Rogers which wants nothing to do with what is such a low-level sport in its view, may be having to deal with karma.
    After signing a very expensive deal with the NHL, it has a problem. As of today, not one NHL Canadian team is in a playoff position in the standings. Certainly things can change quickly as witnessed in the opposite direction by Montreal's nosedive in the standings after a 9-0 start. However, the history of Canadian NHL viewership shows that it falls as Canadian teams drop out of the Stanley Cup race and drops even more once all Canadian teams are gone. Not good news for Rogers.Only once in history (1969-1970) was there no Canadian team in the playoffs. Could this be happening again?
    Furthermore, with the drop in the value of the Canadian dollar, Canadian teams are going to find it increasingly difficult to compete with American teams over time. This already happened the last time the Canadian dollar hit the skids, contributing to the relocation of some teams to the US. However, I think the Canadian teams are in a better position to at least survive, if not thrive.
    I am not looking forward to such a playoff picture, but somewhere out there Buddha, Bell and Braley must be smirking.
    Serenity Now, Insanity Later
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    http://www.emqtv.com/rogers-communic...search/157510/

"Rogers Communications reported impressive third-quarter 2015 financial results, wherein both the top and the bottom line steered past the Zacks Consensus Estimate. In the reported quarter, the company witnessed a higher number of smartphone activations. We believe significant LTE network expansion, innovative service launches, major contract wins, improved postpaid ARPU, strong cable subscriber growth and an attractive dividend yield will continue to act as tailwinds for the company, going forward."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    http://www.emqtv.com/rogers-communic...search/157510/

"Rogers Communications reported impressive third-quarter 2015 financial results, wherein both the top and the bottom line steered past the Zacks Consensus Estimate. In the reported quarter, the company witnessed a higher number of smartphone activations. We believe significant LTE network expansion, innovative service launches, major contract wins, improved postpaid ARPU, strong cable subscriber growth and an attractive dividend yield will continue to act as tailwinds for the company, going forward."
    You forgot to add "upgraded shares of Rogers Communications Inc. (NYSE:RCI) from a sell rating to a hold rating in a research report released on Sunday morning,MarketBeat Ratings reports."

Going from a sell to a hold is not a ringing endorsement albeit an improvement. If no Cdn teams make the NHL playoffs that is going to hurt. As would a step back by the Blue Jays this year. Rogers has a lot of corporate debt. Moreso than its peers. They likely overpaid to get hockey.
    GO ARGOS!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Rogers will be laying off 200 employees beginning next month: http://www.thestar.com/business/2016...dmin-jobs.html
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter McCray View Post
    You forgot to add "upgraded shares of Rogers Communications Inc. (NYSE:RCI) from a sell rating to a hold rating in a research report released on Sunday morning,MarketBeat Ratings reports."

Going from a sell to a hold is not a ringing endorsement albeit an improvement. If no Cdn teams make the NHL playoffs that is going to hurt. As would a step back by the Blue Jays this year. Rogers has a lot of corporate debt. Moreso than its peers. They likely overpaid to get hockey.
    Regardless their profits are up. Their stocks are up on the Dow Jones and the TSX. Their wireless subscribers are up. Their ratings are up. Sportsnet has passed TSN in ratings. They launched 4K TV. FAN590 ratings are up. The Blue Jays are hot again. And they have the NHL locked up. This thread is nonsensical and incredibly poorly timed.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Rogers will be laying off 200 employees beginning next month: http://www.thestar.com/business/2016...dmin-jobs.html
    And Bell cuts 380:

Bell Media mass job cut affects TV personalities
    Job losses hit hard at Bell Media networks CTV News, TSN and Newstalk 1010.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015...onalities.html