Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Yes, the Barker and Milanovich time in the sun continues. Good... at this point consistency über Alles and chaos be banished.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It looks like Milanovich does not intend on leaving the Argos which would be very good news: http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/105983

It is interesting that he said that he had an offer of a job for more years and more money a year ago (Chicago Bears perhaps?) and turned it down because he likes working in the Argonauts' organization and the CFL. He also plans on bringing the coaching staff back and seems to echo many of the comments on this forum. I feel better after watching this video.

It is odd that Frank Zicarelli didn't appear to be there unless he just kept quiet which would be unusual for him.
    Although sometimes I think that Scott Milanovich is to conservative I'm glad to hear that the coaching staff will be returning. As a Bruins fan I've seen that continuity and low turnover brings success.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Last edited by T-Bone; 11-10-2014 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added Tweets

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    There are some interesting comments from Jim Barker in this article from Dan Ralph (Canadian Press): https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/hea...2519--spt.html

These comments stuck out in particular:
    "Next year we should be hitting the ground running," Barker said. "When you're one of the teams that doesn't make the playoffs, the chance of coaches getting other jobs probably isn't going to happen so now we're going to have some continuity.
    "I think this team underwent too much change this year. I believe the teams that are successful in pro sports are the ones that have some kind of stability and as little change as possible."
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    There are some interesting comments from Jim Barker in this article from Dan Ralph (Canadian Press): https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/hea...2519--spt.html

"Next year we should be hitting the ground running," Barker said. "When you're one of the teams that doesn't make the playoffs, the chance of coaches getting other jobs probably isn't going to happen so now we're going to have some continuity.
    "I think this team underwent too much change this year. I believe the teams that are successful in pro sports are the ones that have some kind of stability and as little change as possible."
    True words spoken by Jim Barker, continuity is a common denominator in winning organizations, having said that if this owner is smart (a big if) Barker and Milanovich should both have their deals extended so that it is clear they will be here beyond next season.
    Correct me if I am wrong but both are in the final year of their contracts and will be viewed as "lame ducks" heading into 2015.
    Personally I still believe these guys can and will learn from this experience and lead our Argonauts to another World Championship!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level

I definitely agree with that. Way to much turnover this season.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    NO Shite Barker!!! I stated this from day one. Way too much turnover.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    NO Shite Barker!!! I stated this from day one. Way too much turnover.
    Wholesale changes year after year never works, perhaps one benefit of this crappy season is that the management and coaches change their current "revolving door" tendencies (particularly on D) and opt for more stability in the lineup.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    We didn't choose substantial roster turnover after last season, but it happened anyway because a large number of players retired or wanted to leave. We won't choose to have a lot of turnover after this season either, but it might still happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    My take on the turnover of the 2012 player turnover on D..

Ronald Flemons at age 32 was not producing at a high level, released. Ricky Foley opted for FA and play in a system more to his liking. Kevin Huntley was cut and never did much in Calgary. Armond Armstead went to the NFL. Marcus Ball went to the NFL. Robert McCune was 35 and replaced by Emry for ratio reasons. Can't recall the other LB. Pachino Horne wanted to leave for NFL opportunity that never came..he did not want to be here. Patrick Watkins wanted to play for Chris Jones...Edmonton's training facilities also swayed him. Evan McCullough jumped to Hamilton to play under coach Steinaur...has since returned but is not the same players. Jordan Younger retired suddenly. The other member of the secondary fails me.

In short, how many of these moves could be pinned on Barker? Player turnover happens.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Don't forget both Jones and O'Shea both become Head Coaches. It's not like the Argos had fired them, it's almost impossible to keep a coach on staff once they get offers to become an HC.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    We didn't choose substantial roster turnover after last season, but it happened anyway because a large number of players retired or wanted to leave. We won't choose to have a lot of turnover after this season either, but it might still happen.
    The D players brought in this year were light years better than 2013, other organizations seem to be able to maintain their core players which reflects directly on the ownership rather than Barker and Milanovich. If another mass exodus does occur again this off season then expect the same results next year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I believe Barker does a great job. He has good connections and puts in more hours than many of us know scouting talent. He's found some real good players and drafted well for the organization. So many factors are beyond his control, even more at present time. The guy practically works miracles and people expect more.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    My take on the turnover of the 2012 player turnover on D..

Ronald Flemons at age 32 was not producing at a high level, released. Ricky Foley opted for FA and play in a system more to his liking. Kevin Huntley was cut and never did much in Calgary. Armond Armstead went to the NFL. Marcus Ball went to the NFL. Robert McCune was 35 and replaced by Emry for ratio reasons. Can't recall the other LB. Pachino Horne wanted to leave for NFL opportunity that never came..he did not want to be here. Patrick Watkins wanted to play for Chris Jones...Edmonton's training facilities also swayed him. Evan McCullough jumped to Hamilton to play under coach Steinaur...has since returned but is not the same players. Jordan Younger retired suddenly. The other member of the secondary fails me.

In short, how many of these moves could be pinned on Barker? Player turnover happens.
    The other member of the 2012 secondary was Ahmad Carroll who retired a few days after the Grey Cup. Also, Adriano Belli retired for good following the 2012 season.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force