Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Sure people make mistakes but looking at these 2 charges I would stay clear of this guy, I guess they couldn't find a decent prospect without the rap sheet??

Don
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Who names their kid Ridge?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    Who names their kid Ridge?
    I think that there has been a long-time character on The Bold and Beautiful named Ridge so maybe that is where the name came from.

Did anyone notice who Wilson's head coach at Kentucky was? It was former Argo receiver Joker Phillips who is best remembered for having a pass bounce off his helmet late in the 1986 season.

BTW, here are all of the transactions which took place on Friday including the re-signing of LB Nick Rosamonda: http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argo...nda-qb-kilgore
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that there has been a long-time character on The Bold and Beautiful named Ridge so maybe that is where the name came from.

Did anyone notice who Wilson's head coach at Kentucky was? It was former Argo receiver Joker Phillips who is best remembered for having a pass bounce off his helmet late in the 1986 season.

BTW, here are all of the transactions which took place on Friday including the re-signing of LB Nick Rosamonda: http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argo...nda-qb-kilgore
    Rosamonda came out of no where last season & showed a lot of grit & ability to make a play. Good to see Barker at work, which is a good sign for this organization.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post

Boy your memory is a lot better than mine, I didn't even make the connection.

I liked that Nick Rosamonda when he played this past year. Don't know where he fits in as a regular beside ST's though as he is more the size of a big safety at 210. Kind of looks like they will go with Greenwood and Emry at two spots in a 34 defense with somebody like Robinson at the other OLB and Greg Jones is too good to keep on the bench. Makes me wonder sometimes if they might ship Emry out with Greenwood taking over backed by Miles and Yurichuk. They might not be able to afford both Emry and Greenwood. Thoughts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Boy your memory is a lot better than mine, I didn't even make the connection.

I liked that Nick Rosamonda when he played this past year. Don't know where he fits in as a regular beside ST's though as he is more the size of a big safety at 210. Kind of looks like they will go with Greenwood and Emry at two spots in a 34 defense with somebody like Robinson at the other OLB and Greg Jones is too good to keep on the bench. Makes me wonder sometimes if they might ship Emry out with Greenwood taking over backed by Miles and Yurichuk. They might not be able to afford both Emry and Greenwood. Thoughts?
    Ravi is a huge Bold & the Beautiful fan, don't feel bad about not making the connection. Rosamonda was used in blitz packages last seaon & did well. Greg Jones who I really like was a healthy scratch late in the season. Winnipeg needs a new MLB, I think Jones ends up there for a 3rd round pick & does well under O'Shea. With the large roster, it would possible to retain both Emry & Greenwood, which would be wise considering this team seems unable to keep healthy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Ravi is a huge Bold & the Beautiful fan, don't feel bad about not making the connection. Rosamonda was used in blitz packages last seaon & did well. Greg Jones who I really like was a healthy scratch late in the season. Winnipeg needs a new MLB, I think Jones ends up there for a 3rd round pick & does well under O'Shea. With the large roster, it would possible to retain both Emry & Greenwood, which would be wise considering this team seems unable to keep healthy.
    Jones had a very promising Rookie season, Argonauts need to keep him around no matter what.
    Greenwood, Emry and Jones sounds like a solid Linebacking group, or switch to a 3-4 Defence and mix in multiple blitz packages.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Jones had a very promising Rookie season, Argonauts need to keep him around no matter what.
    Greenwood, Emry and Jones sounds like a solid Linebacking group, or switch to a 3-4 Defence and mix in multiple blitz packages.
    Cept that all 3 of those guys are natural LB types - bigger MLB type LBs and CFL teams do not deploy 3 of those types in a base defence now with the trend to smaller, tweener type OLBs; the Lions have 2 such guys in Elimian & Bighill and so do the Stamps though.

Like to see both Emry & Greenwood playing on the D - both are quick/athletic types; and why not deploy a 4-2 D, with 6 real DBs = 2 safeties - one a ball-hawk type who plays deep and also a bigger guy who can really hit plus blitz = mix up the looks on D, with the safeties interchangeable / moving around to confuse the QB's reads? Can't see any CFL team going to a base 3-4 now, but maybe, and multiple looks is a good thing IMO. I've thought that a 5 man D-line type CFL D = 3 bigger bodies inside plus 2 quick rush ends - tee off in pass rush against CFL pass happy offences - could be quite effective = you don't need traditionall linebacker types against offences that won't run the ball much or deploy fullbacks or tight ends, so go with lots of pass rush plus have an extra good cover DB in there \?... =i'd call this a fifty-one defence - 5 linemen, only one linebacker (your best tackling LB there) and then 6 real DBs