Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I think that there has been a long-time character on The Bold and Beautiful named Ridge so maybe that is where the name came from.

Did anyone notice who Wilson's head coach at Kentucky was? It was former Argo receiver Joker Phillips who is best remembered for having a pass bounce off his helmet late in the 1986 season.

BTW, here are all of the transactions which took place on Friday including the re-signing of LB Nick Rosamonda: http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argo...nda-qb-kilgore
    Boy your memory is a lot better than mine, I didn't even make the connection.

I liked that Nick Rosamonda when he played this past year. Don't know where he fits in as a regular beside ST's though as he is more the size of a big safety at 210. Kind of looks like they will go with Greenwood and Emry at two spots in a 34 defense with somebody like Robinson at the other OLB and Greg Jones is too good to keep on the bench. Makes me wonder sometimes if they might ship Emry out with Greenwood taking over backed by Miles and Yurichuk. They might not be able to afford both Emry and Greenwood. Thoughts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Boy your memory is a lot better than mine, I didn't even make the connection.

I liked that Nick Rosamonda when he played this past year. Don't know where he fits in as a regular beside ST's though as he is more the size of a big safety at 210. Kind of looks like they will go with Greenwood and Emry at two spots in a 34 defense with somebody like Robinson at the other OLB and Greg Jones is too good to keep on the bench. Makes me wonder sometimes if they might ship Emry out with Greenwood taking over backed by Miles and Yurichuk. They might not be able to afford both Emry and Greenwood. Thoughts?
    Ravi is a huge Bold & the Beautiful fan, don't feel bad about not making the connection. Rosamonda was used in blitz packages last seaon & did well. Greg Jones who I really like was a healthy scratch late in the season. Winnipeg needs a new MLB, I think Jones ends up there for a 3rd round pick & does well under O'Shea. With the large roster, it would possible to retain both Emry & Greenwood, which would be wise considering this team seems unable to keep healthy.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Speaking of names, I'm happy to note that we re-signed Logan Kilgore. I can't help but think of him as Logan Kilgore Trout, which makes me smile.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Ravi is a huge Bold & the Beautiful fan, don't feel bad about not making the connection. Rosamonda was used in blitz packages last seaon & did well. Greg Jones who I really like was a healthy scratch late in the season. Winnipeg needs a new MLB, I think Jones ends up there for a 3rd round pick & does well under O'Shea. With the large roster, it would possible to retain both Emry & Greenwood, which would be wise considering this team seems unable to keep healthy.
    Jones had a very promising Rookie season, Argonauts need to keep him around no matter what.
    Greenwood, Emry and Jones sounds like a solid Linebacking group, or switch to a 3-4 Defence and mix in multiple blitz packages.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Jones had a very promising Rookie season, Argonauts need to keep him around no matter what.
    Greenwood, Emry and Jones sounds like a solid Linebacking group, or switch to a 3-4 Defence and mix in multiple blitz packages.
    Cept that all 3 of those guys are natural LB types - bigger MLB type LBs and CFL teams do not deploy 3 of those types in a base defence now with the trend to smaller, tweener type OLBs; the Lions have 2 such guys in Elimian & Bighill and so do the Stamps though.

Like to see both Emry & Greenwood playing on the D - both are quick/athletic types; and why not deploy a 4-2 D, with 6 real DBs = 2 safeties - one a ball-hawk type who plays deep and also a bigger guy who can really hit plus blitz = mix up the looks on D, with the safeties interchangeable / moving around to confuse the QB's reads? Can't see any CFL team going to a base 3-4 now, but maybe, and multiple looks is a good thing IMO. I've thought that a 5 man D-line type CFL D = 3 bigger bodies inside plus 2 quick rush ends - tee off in pass rush against CFL pass happy offences - could be quite effective = you don't need traditionall linebacker types against offences that won't run the ball much or deploy fullbacks or tight ends, so go with lots of pass rush plus have an extra good cover DB in there \?... =i'd call this a fifty-one defence - 5 linemen, only one linebacker (your best tackling LB there) and then 6 real DBs

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Cept that all 3 of those guys are natural LB types - bigger MLB type LBs and CFL teams do not deploy 3 of those types in a base defence now with the trend to smaller, tweener type OLBs; the Lions have 2 such guys in Elimian & Bighill and so do the Stamps though.

Like to see both Emry & Greenwood playing on the D - both are quick/athletic types; and why not deploy a 4-2 D, with 6 real DBs = 2 safeties - one a ball-hawk type who plays deep and also a bigger guy who can really hit plus blitz = mix up the looks on D, with the safeties interchangeable / moving around to confuse the QB's reads? Can't see any CFL team going to a base 3-4 now, but maybe, and multiple looks is a good thing IMO. I've thought that a 5 man D-line type CFL D = 3 bigger bodies inside plus 2 quick rush ends - tee off in pass rush against CFL pass happy offences - could be quite effective = you don't need traditionall linebacker types against offences that won't run the ball much or deploy fullbacks or tight ends, so go with lots of pass rush plus have an extra good cover DB in there \?... =i'd call this a fifty-one defence - 5 linemen, only one linebacker (your best tackling LB there) and then 6 real DBs
    The Argos actually lined up with 5 d-linemen a few times this season. I can't see going to a 4-2-6 alignment with our current personnel because our deepest position, by far, is LB and I wouldn't want to play only two of them. But a 3-4-5 or even a 2-4-6 alignment would be interesting.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

Love the creativity OV. It would take a lot of dedication from the coaching staff to find capable personnel and offload the excess parts in one offseason. Once you reinvent your defence like that though I feel like opponents would take advantage of the lack of second level defence. Beyond the first level you would be susceptible to large gains every play. I feel that if a team sold out so much on defence to get to the QB opponents would commit to the run more and gain 6 or 7 yards one the ground.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    The Argos actually lined up with 5 d-linemen a few times this season. I can't see going to a 4-2-6 alignment with our current personnel because our deepest position, by far, is LB and I wouldn't want to play only two of them. But a 3-4-5 or even a 2-4-6 alignment would be interesting.
    Actually that is what I was getting at with my post, Toronto has plenty of talent at linebacker but has struggled finding quality D-linemen, adapt your scheme to the strength of your personnel.
    Greg Jones showed a lot of talent and promise this year, would hate to see the Argos trade him or give up on him prematurely.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    The Argos have apparently lost defensive end Kenny Horsley to the Washington Redskins: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...nneth-horsley/
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Achievements:

Level
    That article has some problems. We cut Horsley on June 23, 2013.

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level

Article also states the Argos also signed DB Devin Smith http://argonauts.ca/roster/show/id/7641 and LB Travis Hawkins http://argonauts.ca/roster/show/id/7643

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not sure what to think of Ware. Is he a DB or LB? Can't say I was overly impressed with him but was also not noticeable which is sometimes a good thing for a defender.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    I'm not sure what to think of Ware. Is he a DB or LB? Can't say I was overly impressed with him but was also not noticeable which is sometimes a good thing for a defender.
    It seems to me that the Argos now see Ware more as a SAM LB (judging by Barker's comments in that article). I thought that he played reasonably well in that role once they shifted him there late last season. Initially, it seemed as though the Argos hoped he could be another Patrick Watkins but that didn't materialize.

Achievements:

Level
    Yeah - it didn't seem like he really dominated at any position. Since we've tried him in several spots, perhaps we now "know where he belongs" and can ask him to bulk up a bit (to play SAM) or slim down (to play corner), which might improve his effectiveness.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    It seems to me that the Argos now see Ware more as a SAM LB (judging by Barker's comments in that article). I thought that he played reasonably well in that role once they shifted him there late last season. Initially, it seemed as though the Argos hoped he could be another Patrick Watkins but that didn't materialize.
    Yah I kind of thought Ware found his position in the CFL with the late season move to the SAM LB spot. Didn't look that good early in the season at the Corner.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Achievements:
    Level
    My favourite number has always been #17 and so I've always taken notice to players with that number...(Van Bellingham, Eddie Thomas, Bishop, Collaros) and so I did notice him in the Winnipeg game but he did look out of place on the corner. He looked much stronger as the SAM linebacker towards the end of the season. I have a feeling that he is going to have a great season coming up as last year was mainly a season to adjust to Canada and the CFL. He seems like a good team guy too and I'm glad he's resigned.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    If Ware could step it up to be strong at OLB (didn't impress much IMO, but he didn\t play a lot really) - could maybe team with Emry & Greenwood (2 bigger natural LBs like BC deploy with Elimimian & Bighill) to make a nice LB corps? Ware has all that NFL experience - thought he would have been looked at for OLB (replacing Ball) from the start and been a fit right away?

Boatman
    Achievements:
    Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:

Level
    With Carter, who I thought was one of the teams better DB's, slated to become a FA next month, I gather he was released so he could sign elsewhere in the CFL or to "Pursue NFL Opportunites"?