Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Johnson was a 6th round pick by the Niners in 2011 and Elliott was getting some significant pre-season attention with the Bills in 2013 and 2014 before he got hurt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Another couple of interesting signings, and again, in an area of need.

Elliott 6-3,215 = great size for a receiver.

Barker loves his ex-NFL resume guys and also has a thing for USC players it seems ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Lots of competition at the receiver position. Barker has been treating unearthing Inman and Chiles recently.....here hoping he can repeat that success.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Lots of competition at the receiver position. Barker has been treating unearthing Inman and Chiles recently.....here hoping he can repeat that success.
    I'll guess the Argos go with 4 import receivers in the 5 pack this coming season - with Durie (backed by Coombs) the lone NI to get regular reps at receiver; could even go with just 3 NI O-linemen to make 4 NIs "starting" on O; and then 3 (or more?) NIs on D - Foley, Gabriel, Greenwood at MLB perhaps, or Cleon Laing at DT = your 7 or possibly 8 NI starters. Of course it could be more and that's what TC competition is for - sans pencilled in stuff.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    I'll guess the Argos go with 4 import receivers in the 5 pack this coming season - with Durie (backed by Coombs) the lone NI to get regular reps at receiver; could even go with just 3 NI O-linemen to make 4 NIs "starting" on O; and then 3 (or more?) NIs on D - Foley, Gabriel, Greenwood at MLB perhaps, or Cleon Laing at DT = your 7 or possibly 8 NI starters. Of course it could be more and that's what TC competition is for - sans pencilled in stuff.
    I am expecting Adjei to replace Watt on the wide side and Durie to start in the slot. I really feel the Argos will draft and O-lineman who will start immediately, leaving King as the lone International on the active roster. I expect those 4 you mentioned on defence to be on the field a lot as well.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I am expecting Adjei to replace Watt on the wide side and Durie to start in the slot. I really feel the Argos will draft and O-lineman who will start immediately, leaving King as the lone International on the active roster. I expect those 4 you mentioned on defence to be on the field a lot as well.
    So that would make 6 NIs starting on O, plus 3 or 4 on D ??? - could be i guess / no way that happens - that's too many starting NIs ;o)

Achievements:

Level
    That would be asking a lot from Adjei, who hasn't really shown much yet. He's also not particularly fast, unlike Watt.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    That would be asking a lot from Adjei, who hasn't really shown much yet. He's also not particularly fast, unlike Watt.
    I just don't see the Argos using an International on the wide side receiver position. It is not unrealistic for Adjei (who did well in his only start on Labour Day) to match Watts output.

Achievements:

Level
    I think there's a decent chance that we will use an INT, but if we do continue to play a NAT there I suspect it will be Coombs.

Only about six an a half more weeks until camp..!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    So that would make 6 NIs starting on O, plus 3 or 4 on D ??? - could be i guess / no way that happens - that's too many starting NIs ;o)
    It isn't like the Argos have been all that far from that number over the last few years. They have rarely started fewer than 8 Nationals in recent seasons.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't know about that Wobby. Adjei looked pretty quick to me at TC last year. His NCAA Buffalo Pro Day stats were better in most cases than the big three (Durant, Demski and Richards) at this years Combine. At his Pro Day he ran a sub 4.4 forty, which would be hand timed. But that would put him close to Tevaughn Campbell's time. Vertical jump 36.5 feet, 10.1 broad jump which put him ahead of the big 3 there as well. 19 reps on the Bench Press. Durant beat him there with 26 reps. Demski had 19 and Richards 12. I think the Argos are high on him and may be the reason they let Watt walk. He is much bigger and faster than Watt ( I don't think Watt ever ran a 4'4) but we will have to see if he can catch the ball. The new rules should help him get some separation on his routes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    I don't know about that Wobby. Adjei looked pretty quick to me at TC last year. His NCAA Buffalo Pro Day stats were better in most cases than the big three (Durant, Demski and Richards) at this years Combine. At his Pro Day he ran a sub 4.4 forty, which would be hand timed. But that would put him close to Tevaughn Campbell's time. Vertical jump 36.5 feet, 10.1 broad jump which put him ahead of the big 3 there as well. 19 reps on the Bench Press. Durant beat him there with 26 reps. Demski had 19 and Richards 12. I think the Argos are high on him and may be the reason they let Watt walk. He is much bigger and faster than Watt ( I don't think Watt ever ran a 4'4) but we will have to see if he can catch the ball. The new rules should help him get some separation on his routes.

LOL ..... we could get Swazye to kick him the ball!

Sorry doubleblue ..... couldn't resist.
    But I think Adjei should be able to work hard and take over Watts spot ..... but it would be nice to get one of the Receivers in the draft ..... I would like Demski .... but Richards may be just as good.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't know what Spencer Watt's best 40 yard dash time was, but he was at one time considered the fastest receiver and perhaps fastest player on the Argos, at least in a straight line. I bet he could have run a sub 4.4 time as well at one time. At one point the only person around his speed was Jalil Carter, and I assume John Chiles was up there at perhaps #1 after he joined the Argos, as I believe he ran a 4.24 time when he tried out for the Argos...that time may have even been on grass if I recall correctly. Obviously health status regarding injuries and other factors impact the speed at which a player actually plays at in games. The 40 yard dash isn't a perfect way to judge game speed and is only one thing to go by.

A few years ago, Spencer Watt caught a ball in space and ran pretty much straight ahead and scored a long touchdown. Unfortuantely it was called back due to a penalty. I had never seen his speed utilized like that before, and I haven't again since then. Former Argo receiver James Robinson did that once in a game too, and he never did that again either. That was of course several years ago. In fairness to Watt, he did score some big touchdowns in the playoffs of course.

Achievements:

Level
    I don't know about that Wobby. Adjei looked pretty quick to me at TC last year.
    Barker described him as having "top-end speed adequate to be a quality slot receiver", and that sounds about right to me. He's not slow, but he's not fast either.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Barker described him as having "top-end speed adequate to be a quality slot receiver", and that sounds about right to me. He's not slow, but he's not fast either.
    I'm going by what I read on the Buffalo 2013 Pro Day. The report said he ran a sub 4.4 forty and then mentioned it was 4.3. Didn't say 4.36 or 4.38, just said 4.30. That's a hair faster than Tavaughan Campbell ran at the combine which got everybody excited. I would take Jim Barker saying he has top end speed to mean just that, top end.
    I was trying to think if there are still any receiver's around from last year's rookie camp. Maybe Fayson. But anyway I noticed this one kid who looked to be fastest. I didn't know who he was until I got my hands on a program, and he turned out to be Adjei.
    They've had this guy in camp for a year now, so they have a pretty good idea what they have in him. IMO I don't think they would have let Spencer walk if they thought Adjei wasn't as good or better going forward.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'm going by what I read on the Buffalo 2013 Pro Day. The report said he ran a sub 4.4 forty and then mentioned it was 4.3. Didn't say 4.36 or 4.38, just said 4.30. That's a hair faster than Tavaughan Campbell ran at the combine which got everybody excited. I would take Jim Barker saying he has top end speed to mean just that, top end.
    I was trying to think if there are still any receiver's around from last year's rookie camp. Maybe Fayson. But anyway I noticed this one kid who looked to be fastest. I didn't know who he was until I got my hands on a program, and he turned out to be Adjei.
    They've had this guy in camp for a year now, so they have a pretty good idea what they have in him. IMO I don't think they would have let Spencer walk if they thought Adjei wasn't as good or better going forward.

A 4.4 hand held forty time is more like a 4.5 to 4.6 using the electronic timing the CFL now uses for their official 40 times.

Adjei did flash some decent form when he played a bit last year, but he was so unproven in college ball with little production there, it`s maybe hard to imagine him being a very good productive receiver in the pros all of a sudden - but I hope so; I also hope the Argos can draft a good receiver prospect this draft AND that last year`s receiver draft pick Evan Psczonak - who does have excellent receiver production in college ball on his resume and also some very good athletic testing numbers (like a 40`inch vertical which was tops at those tests) - is being brought back to compete in TC.

But anyways - there may not be room on the roster for these extra NI receivers if they go with 4 starting imports; Bradwell and Coombs could be the only extra NI receivers there is room for on the game roster.

Achievements:

Level
    I would take Jim Barker saying he has top end speed to mean just that, top end.
    If you click the link and read the quote in context, you'll see that he is talking about Adjei's "top end speed" in comparison to his acceleration.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    LOL ..... we could get Swazye to kick him the ball!

Sorry doubleblue ..... couldn't resist.
    But I think Adjei should be able to work hard and take over Watts spot ..... but it would be nice to get one of the Receivers in the draft ..... I would like Demski .... but Richards may be just as good.
    lol. That was a good one. Just goes to show we shouldn't believe everything we see, In Print. Proof reading has never been one of my strong points. When Jim Barker said Adjei had top end speed we didn't know he meant straight up.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I.........
    I was trying to think if there are still any receiver's around from last year's rookie camp. ........
    There was Evan Pszonack from Windsor .... if we drafted him last year, is he Argos property this year? or just a free agent that we can invite to camp?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    There was Evan Pszonack from Windsor .... if we drafted him last year, is he Argos property this year? or just a free agent that we can invite to camp?
    He is a free agent who is unsigned currently. He may have to wait until after the draft to get a contract.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force