I really think Collaros choked a bit. Jumpy feet, tunnel vision, and didn't take off and run.
But he's young and will learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
This needs to be addressed much more that I am seeing in the media at the moment. It will be interesting to see if anyone does address it in the next day or two. I feel badly for Banks but he has to keep his head in the game until the final second ticks off the clock. His speed could've made a difference in those final 35 seconds but he had already checked out of the game.

Anyway, long-time fans will remember a similar ending to the 1979 Grey Cup. The Als were trailing 17-9 late in the game when Keith Baker returned a punt for a TD which, with a 2 point convert, could have tied the game. However, Gerry Dattilio (yes, the Canadian who would be the East MOP a year later as a QB) was called for an illegal block on that play and the Als' hopes ended much like the Ticats' hopes ended today.

It should also be said that the Ticats did not lose this game on that one play. They were the worst red zone offence in the league this year and they were atrocious in that area once again tonight including late in the fourth quarter when they were 1st and goal from the Calgary 2 yard line and had to settle for a Medlock FG instead. Medlock also had another FG attempt blocked. On top of that, the Ticats started poorly once again which was another problem that they have had all season. Furthermore, Kent Austin managed the clock very poorly tonight. He failed to use a timeout late in the first half to give his team a chance to close the gap further after they had just scored a TD and had all of the momentum. Then, he didn't use a timeout until there were 30 seconds left in the game and his team was scrimmaging from their own 5 yard line. That timeout should have been used prior to Paredes' final punt. The Ticats lost 20 valuable seconds by not taking the timeout then. I know that some in the media are scared of ticking Austin off but they need to hold his feet to the fire a bit for those decisions as well as his decision to sit better receivers such as Ellingson and Koch to play an inferior receiver in Terrell Sinkfield who had a rough game tonight.
Ellingson was a healthy scratch? Bad move IMO.