Reply to Thread
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

Are you content with talent on DL?

Okpalaugo is a keeper, but what are everyone's thoughts on the rest of the line? There were injuries in the interior and isn't Cleyon Laing a FA this off-season so that area might become unstable. Does the other DE spot need an upgrade over Whiteside?
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    I don't believe Laing is a FA. Regardless of that I would like to see the line bolstered. Okpalaugo is no longer going to be a secret and teams (especially the teams in the east) will be finding ways to neutralize him in the off-season. Okpalaugo had 12 sacks this season but the next most from a lineman was just 3 by Laing, that is simply not enough production from guys who's job is to get to the QB.

I'm a trenches type of football guy. Continually being able to get pressure on a QB does so much for a defense. If a QB and WRs have time they will eventually get open and connect, coverages can only hold up for so long that is just the way playing defense goes.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Milanovich even said during the season that the plan was to get more pressure from the defensive line than they did. According to the head coach, they had to blitz much more than they had wanted to as a resulte so I think that they will certainly be looking to upgrade the defensive line. I thought that Whiteside played better later in the season and should be brought back but there needs to be lots of competition along that defensive line. I would love to see the Argos draft a defensive lineman or two as well.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    So ....correct me in these thoughts .... It seems that we will probably get some DL through searching out some internationals.
    Are there any on the free agent list that seem worthwhile to pursue? Or here is a preliminary list of 2015 drafts?. ( which I assume would be projects for a while)
    http://blog.ridleyscouting.com/Kent_...wn_to_Two.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I really like both Okpo & Whiteside at DE and hope they are both back and can continue to develop into top notch CFL DEs who stick with the Argos and can be forces on the D for years. Bring in more competition for TC by all means and maybe you find an upgrade.

At DT - like what i've seen out of Laing so far and be nice to see him stay healthy and play a full season to see what he could do with his experience now; and Harrel & Delano Johnson both flashed some talent and could improve now that they've learned the CFL game some; BUT - DT could be upgraded - AND - IMO, really good crop of DTs up this coming draft: Tennant (Laval), Waud (Western), Leblanc (Mt A), Dale (UBC) - so get one of those guys in the draft please and give them a real shot (unlike Alexandre perhaps who showed he can play in the CFL when the Esks gave him a shot). Interesting perhaps that both the teams going to ther GC - Stumps (Mace, Turner, Quinn Smith) and Pussycats (Laurent, Bulcke, Gaydosh, Atkinson) - are deep at NI DTs who play and are very good or solid to help their Ds.