Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I'm guessing he's basically calling Ticket reps glorified call center staff. Not too far off, really. It's all customer service.
    They're closer to sales representatives than customer service representatives. And I don't think that they're are very many of them so it's not like it's some giant call centre where it's hard to advise all of the reps of information.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I don't disagree but the longer that you've been a season ticket holder the earlier that you'll get to pick at BMO Field or wherever we end up.
    Unless something changes drastically, it won't really matter. The best available evidence seems to suggest that the Argos have about 5,000 regular STHs (not including corporate accounts). Even if every one of them doubled the number of tickets purchased, the most recent STHs would still have access to very good seats. If and when the team moves into BMO, I will certainly be interested in upgrading my seats, and prepared to pay more than I am paying now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Unless something changes drastically, it won't really matter. The best available evidence seems to suggest that the Argos have about 5,000 regular STHs (not including corporate accounts). Even if every one of them doubled the number of tickets purchased, the most recent STHs would still have access to very good seats. If and when the team moves into BMO, I will certainly be interested in upgrading my seats, and prepared to pay more than I am paying now.
    Again I don't disagree but if you already plan to buy season tickets once the move out of the Rogers Centre is announced it would probably be better to do so now instead of holding off for another year. Even if you just buy Blues now and then upgrade at the new stadium.

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    If the Argos do go to BMO expect a significant increase in the season seat price. With the complaining going on around here about the increase I can't imagine people will be happy to see the BMO prices (especially if MLSE owns the team). I would expect that pricing would line up closer to what TFC are charging.

Golds in Skydome currently are listed at $709/seat. That same seat at BMO is around $1100 (for rows 1-20) and $900+ (for rows 20+). That is a very big jump.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Braley was just on TSN 1050 Radio with Dave Naylor and James Duthie. Here are the key points from his interview:

- Discussions have been continuing with MLSE over a lease agreement to play at BMO Field. These discussions went on this week and the week before and there has been a small amount of progress.
    - It is possible for the Argos to play their final season at SkyDome in 2015 and then move into a renovated BMO Field for 2016 but Braley said he doesn't know when a lease deal will be finalized. It could happen in a week or another year.
    - There are four entities interested in the ownership of the Argos. One is a local group that wants to turn the Argos into a non-profit corporation; another is a group that is interested in owning the Argos in the more traditional way; another is an American and the fourth is some other individual or group. The first three groups/individuals are only interested if the Argos can secure a lease deal at BMO. The fourth group or individual may feel the same way but ultimately would like to build their own stadium (sorry, but they already lose credibility with me right there).
    - Braley says reports of him wanting to relinquish ownership in both the Argos and Lions by the time he is 75 were incorrect. He wants to unload both at some point though with Toronto being the first one he wants to get off his plate.
    - The Argos fans have clearly spoken about how the team needs to be out of SkyDome.
    - He sounded somewhat ornery throughout the interview but I am not sure that he doesn't always sound like that.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stouffvillain View Post
    If the Argos do go to BMO expect a significant increase in the season seat price. With the complaining going on around here about the increase I can't imagine people will be happy to see the BMO prices (especially if MLSE owns the team). I would expect that pricing would line up closer to what TFC are charging.

Golds in Skydome currently are listed at $709/seat. That same seat at BMO is around $1100 (for rows 1-20) and $900+ (for rows 20+). That is a very big jump.
    Is that for the same number of games? (10)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    IIRC, TFC plays 16 home games in the MLS.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good point. I didn't take into account the number of games. 17 regular season games and 1 to 2 cup games. Face value of the tickets are between $50 and $100.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    I don't see the justification for a ticket price increase at BMO, moving from a half-billion dollar retractable-dome stadium with all the comforts and amenities...to a modest outdoor stadium albeit with better sight lines?...if anything, the prices should go down at BMO including beer.

The important thing is for the Argos to rebuild their season ticket base, back up to at least 15,000, which still might be the lowest in the league. To spur sales, the Argos could offer a substantial discount (30%) off single-game ticket prices for 2015 at RC, then guarantee the same price and preferential choice of seats at BMO for 2016. If ST sales lag, they could offer 5-Packs which would reserve the purchaser a 5-Pack at BMO, with choice of the best available games and seats (after the tenured ST-holders had their choice, of course.)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Braley was just on TSN 1050 Radio with Dave Naylor and James Duthie. Here are the key points from his interview:

- Discussions have been continuing with MLSE over a lease agreement to play at BMO Field. These discussions went on this week and the week before and there has been a small amount of progress.
    - It is possible for the Argos to play their final season at SkyDome in 2015 and then move into a renovated BMO Field for 2016 but Braley said he doesn't know when a lease deal will be finalized. It could happen in a week or another year.
    - There are four entities interested in the ownership of the Argos. One is a local group that wants to turn the Argos into a non-profit corporation; another is a group that is interested in owning the Argos in the more traditional way; another is an American and the fourth is some other individual or group. The first three groups/individuals are only interested if the Argos can secure a lease deal at BMO. The fourth group or individual may feel the same way but ultimately would like to build their own stadium (sorry, but they already lose credibility with me right there).
    - Braley says reports of him wanting to relinquish ownership in both the Argos and Lions by the time he is 75 were incorrect. He wants to unload both at some point though with Toronto being the first one he wants to get off his plate.
    - The Argos fans have clearly spoken about how the team needs to be out of SkyDome.
    - He sounded somewhat ornery throughout the interview but I am not sure that he doesn't always sound like that.

I am not so sure about the stadium part Ravi!
    Mississauga has always been rumoured with Argos in the picture.
    In Gary Lawless piece from Vancouver he mentions and it's quite true how most of our fans are from the 905 instead of the 416.
    So with a wealthy owner there could be something in play here.
    Consider what the heavyweights in Ottawa have done.
    Involving the mega project of an intimate stadium, with shopping, entertainment and condo possibility?
    It may actually fly!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Bon Jovi. lol

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    Consider what the heavyweights in Ottawa have done. Involving the mega project of an intimate stadium, with shopping, entertainment and condo possibility? It may actually fly!
    Braley's thoughts on the new Hamilton stadium (foretelling how a new Toronto stadium should be built?)

Braley says Pan Am stadium in wrong location
    Kevin Werner, Hamilton News Staff September, 19, 2013

The Burlington resident and Ontario senator told about 60 people during a fundraising event Sept. 18 (2013) at the Lakeview on Van Wagner’s Beach Road, said if Confederation wasn’t available, then the next option should have been to drop it on 100 acres of land, and then add commercial and retail buildings, including a hotel, to support it. He said it would have benefited the city’s business community, and for Hamilton’s economic development sector.

“We should have developed the land with retail, and hotels” (that other municipalities have done, including Ottawa), said Braley.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    I don't see the justification for a ticket price increase at BMO, moving from a half-billion dollar retractable-dome stadium with all the comforts and amenities...to a modest outdoor stadium albeit with better sight lines?...if anything, the prices should go down at BMO including beer.

The important thing is for the Argos to rebuild their season ticket base, back up to at least 15,000, which still might be the lowest in the league. To spur sales, the Argos could offer a substantial discount (30%) off single-game ticket prices for 2015 at RC, then guarantee the same price and preferential choice of seats at BMO for 2016. If ST sales lag, they could offer 5-Packs which would reserve the purchaser a 5-Pack at BMO, with choice of the best available games and seats (after the tenured ST-holders had their choice, of course.)
    The only justification for ticket price increases is an increase for demand. If moving to BMO means games are sell outs, then yes there is justification for an increase in prices.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    I am not so sure about the stadium part Ravi!
    Mississauga has always been rumoured with Argos in the picture.
    In Gary Lawless piece from Vancouver he mentions and it's quite true how most of our fans are from the 905 instead of the 416.
    So with a wealthy owner there could be something in play here.
    Consider what the heavyweights in Ottawa have done.
    Involving the mega project of an intimate stadium, with shopping, entertainment and condo possibility?
    It may actually fly!
    Judging from the Lawless article, what Argonauts account representatives have told us and even our own unscientific poll it seems factual to me that most Argonauts fans live in the 905 Area Code:

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.p...(Revised-Poll)

This quote is from Braley in an older article:

"What we intend to do is have a 27-29 thousand seat stadium in all likelihood in north Toronto, Vaughan, Markham maybe Mississauga and the plans are being worked on outside the Argonauts themselves, they're to sell tickets and put the house in order for the team. Outside I have my construction companies working on where we would be and where we could set up and where we could build a stadium and who's gonna fund it."

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:

Level
    ". . . and who's gonna fund it."
    Add a question mark to that and we are right back where we have been for the past several years. Braley is clearly is not gonna fund it, and neither is government. That leaves . . .

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The only justification for ticket price increases is an increase for demand. If moving to BMO means games are sell outs, then yes there is justification for an increase in prices.
    Given this years / last years price increase apparently Braley disagrees with you. :-)

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    Add a question mark to that and we are right back where we have been for the past several years. Braley is clearly is not gonna fund it, and neither is government. That leaves . . .
    That leaves the mistake by the lake part 2.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Given this years / last years price increase apparently Braley disagrees with you. :-)
    Which shows how out of touch Braley truly is.
    The Argonauts should be bending over backwards to not only retain but expand their fragile season ticket base and a price increase seems rather bizarre at this point.
    Skydome was like a morgue at several games this season with 15k or so fans where are we trending next season, 10-12k per game??
    I'm with Angelo on this, freeze ticket prices now and perhaps for the first season or two in the new stadium, create a positive game day experience then you look at increasing your prices.

New Fan
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Rogers will be lenient with the whole lease busting thing. They want them outta the dome, and the way they see it, the sooner the better.