Reply to Thread
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level

Chris Carters comments on NFL Gameday about his son=CFL SLAM.

I watched all of five minutes of NFL Gameday and it was a segment with Chris Carter and a few others talking about playing in the NFL and dealing with family life. Carter went on to say that his son was all around the Vikings including in the film room back in the day. He ended by saying that his son still has thoughts of playing pro football or something to that extent. Nice slam of his son and the CFL. My wife and I both thought that his comments were very typical of 99% of the folks around the NFL. It's this type of comment that has me tuning out the NFL more and more. Too many other options on tv these days rather than watch teams I could care less about. I think I've watched maybe one game in total this year. This league and it's criminal activity and overly hyped crap are losing me.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Too many other options on tv these days rather than watch teams I could care less about.
    I didn't Know I Was Pregnant is a great show compared to NFL.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    There's a friggin show called that, about that? WTFF!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    There's a friggin show called that, about that? WTFF!
    http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/other-sh...s-pregnant.htm Ha,ha ... they'll put any old crap on TV.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    His opinion of the CFL is no different than most Canadians feel about any foreign hockey league that's not the NHL. Can't blame an American for feeling a foreign league full of dudes that can't make the NFL as being inferior.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    So his son worked his ass off to become a professional football player in a great league and his dad basically thinks his son was playing minor football.

Just because the NFL has been a well marketed success doesn't mean it's game is better than the CFL. Americans feel anything that isn't American is shite. Their general lack of knowledge of Canada is laughable.

Oh and the best most enjoyable hockey of the season is about to start. The NHL is watered down SHITE!!!

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    What? There is a world outside of the United States ... a world outside of Sonic? : )

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    His opinion of the CFL is no different than most Canadians feel about any foreign hockey league that's not the NHL. Can't blame an American for feeling a foreign league full of dudes that can't make the NFL as being inferior.
    SO - most Canadians think the Swedish Elite league or the Russian Super league, or Czech or Finnish pro hockey leagues are amateur hour, no talent hockey wastelands full of dudes "not good enough" for the almighty NHL ? - somehow, to me anyways, those that think like that are more like in the minority - clueless ignoramuses who know zip about the game; and real hockey fans - most - have knowledge of and respect for lots of levels of hockey and various leagues and realize that the game exists and is played at a high level outside of Canada.

Real, knowledgeable football fans are of course aware of the CFL and it's storied history and have respect for the great talent that has and continues to play there - some American football / NFL fans would realize that players like Warren Moon or Doug Flutie or Cam Wake played in the CFL, and some, like NFL commentator Chris Berman go out of their way, to mention the CFL and inform others - but hey, the ignoramuses who are stuck in their American hype-sucking only narrow little world are entitled to their viewpoint too.