Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boatman
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Season Tickets, does the Argo's organization even care if we buy them?

I just purchased my first ever season ticket for the Argos (a week ago). I didn't get an ounce of recognition for it. No phone call, no email, nothing! Way to make me feel welcome to the Argo's family. Perhaps this is where the Argo's organization errors in their ways (part of it anyway). I don't need a medal, but a small note of thanks would have been appreciated. It could even be a form letter or a recorded greeting....something to show that one's support is appreciated. Tickets are not cheap and I would think that an organization that is struggling should show more gratitude when one finds a way to support them!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    My father has managed our account for the past few years (since I was a kid) and we have not yet purchased tickets and have not received anything from the Argos in regards to purchasing. No phone calls, no emails, nothing. Although he has revived an email from Ti-Cats advertising to purchase tickets for their home games. I'm not committing until the schedule is out anyways (ST or Flex pack?) but if we're not hearing from the Argos, then I assume others aren't also.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    I just purchased my first ever season ticket for the Argos (a week ago). I didn't get an ounce of recognition for it. No phone call, no email, nothing! Way to make me feel welcome to the Argo's family. Perhaps this is where the Argo's organization errors in their ways (part of it anyway). I don't need a medal, but a small note of thanks would have been appreciated. It could even be a form letter or a recorded greeting....something to show that one's support is appreciated. Tickets are not cheap and I would think that an organization that is struggling should show more gratitude when one finds a way to support them!
    How did you purchase the tickets? Online?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoGabe22 View Post
    My father has managed our account for the past few years (since I was a kid) and we have not yet purchased tickets and have not received anything from the Argos in regards to purchasing. No phone calls, no emails, nothing. Although he has revived an email from Ti-Cats advertising to purchase tickets for their home games. I'm not committing until the schedule is out anyways (ST or Flex pack?) but if we're not hearing from the Argos, then I assume others aren't also.
    I received an email in mid January reminding me about early bird draws for those that renew before Jan 31. I have not renewed yet, but as always, will do so some time in April.

Oh that Braley marketing machine keeps rolling.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    How did you purchase the tickets? Online?
    Yes it was online. I got tired of playing phone/email tag with the ticket rep. Regardless of the method of purchase, I think they should have a little message from high up in the organization (owner, CEO, heck I'd even take it from the head coach) that goes out to new/renewed season ticket holders that says thank you for your commitment towards the team and they could even throw in a few reminders about the 'perks' of being a season ticket holder. It wouldn't take much to make their fans feel welcome and appreciated. I have read on here before how others feel that the team 'snubs' their fans and I am beginning to see why.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    This has gone steadily downhill since 2010-11 when the management group was at least trying. They held a couple of fan town halls and did send out occasional emails from the brass. There is no effort whatsoever being made at the moment. It's almost as if Saint David is trying to drive the value down, not up. Completely twisted.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan81 View Post
    Yes it was online. I got tired of playing phone/email tag with the ticket rep. Regardless of the method of purchase, I think they should have a little message from high up in the organization (owner, CEO, heck I'd even take it from the head coach) that goes out to new/renewed season ticket holders that says thank you for your commitment towards the team and they could even throw in a few reminders about the 'perks' of being a season ticket holder. It wouldn't take much to make their fans feel welcome and appreciated. I have read on here before how others feel that the team 'snubs' their fans and I am beginning to see why.
    I agree with you. It doesn't take much to put together an e-mail thank you. When I received my renewal e-mail back in November it had nothing but a .pdf invoice attached. Though it was probably a mistake as Neely2005 posted the message he and I'm sure others got with their renewal e-mails I know a few other people that got just .pdf invoices as well.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    This has gone steadily downhill since 2010-11 when the management group was at least trying. They held a couple of fan town halls and did send out occasional emails from the brass. There is no effort whatsoever being made at the moment. It's almost as if Saint David is trying to drive the value down, not up. Completely twisted.
    I wonder if part of it is due to staffing issues. Are they spread to thin now that things are slipping through the cracks?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I wonder if BC Lion season ticket holders are treated the same way? Just curious.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree with you. It doesn't take much to put together an e-mail thank you. When I received my renewal e-mail back in November it had nothing but a .pdf invoice attached. Though it was probably a mistake as Neely2005 posted the message he and I'm sure others got with their renewal e-mails I know a few other people that got just .pdf invoices as well.

I wonder if part of it is due to staffing issues. Are they spread to thin now that things are slipping through the cracks?
    I wonder if it comes down to each individual Ticket Representative in regards to the level of communication? Maybe some do more than others? I've been quite happy with my Rep.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I wonder if it comes down to each individual Ticket Representative in regards to the level of communication? Maybe some do more than others? I've been quite happy with my Rep.
    I think communication partially comes down to each rep but I don't think something like a standardized thank you for renewing or welcome e-mail would fall to them. I think that would come from on high that these need to go out, along with updates etc. I have no issues with my rep. Dan Minion has been great whenever I call him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I re-upped the other day with my Argo representative, no surprise as there are less around from last year.
    So my annual question of how are the renewals, was met with a snicker on the other line.
    When I asked if less then last year at the same time, the rep was silent, would not say but I took that for a negative.
    Wow, how low can the numbers be?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Dan is my rep ... he has been great to me as well... I think the ARgo Staff does a great job. but I would imagine they could use a few extra bodies for sales, marketing , customer service....Too bad the league couldn't help out here.... til things get sorted out.... anyways for what its worth... my rep has been excellent...Go ARRGOS !!!

Boatman
    Achievements:

Level
    It's not the ticket reps that I have a problem with per say (as I don't think it is their responsibility to say thanks if they haven't been told to do so) but the Argo organization as an image overall. I have never had season tickets to any sports team before so I really have no idea what is the "norm". But from a business perspective I can see that having a guaranteed ticket sale & a butt in a seat for an entire season is important and valuable. I would want to express that sentiment in some manner and to me a simple thank you would be a great starting place. It does have me already reconsidering if I made a wise decision to purchase the ticket (vs. waiting for ticket deals & attending 2-3 games this year as I have done in the past) & more importantly it is something I will remember when I decide whether or not to renew next season. Not a great first impression!!

Boatman
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Achievements:
    Level
    Their marketing team has been slashed. I had looked into the Director of Marketing role last fall, but wasn't willing to take a pay cut, nor was I happy with what I heard about the budget cuts. It's a very sad state of the franchise right now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgofanIan View Post
    Dan is my rep ... he has been great to me as well... I think the ARgo Staff does a great job. but I would imagine they could use a few extra bodies for sales, marketing , customer service....Too bad the league couldn't help out here.... til things get sorted out.... anyways for what its worth... my rep has been excellent...Go ARRGOS !!!
    Dan was my rep until 2013, and last year it was changed. Dan was fantastic.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    From what I read, it sounds like you guys have individual reps for your season ticket packages. I'm no business whiz but it seems to me by having individual reps, wouldn't that create a lot of extra overhead in administration cost as opposed to having two or three people working in the ticket office where you don't have specific individual reps?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I think communication partially comes down to each rep but I don't think something like a standardized thank you for renewing or welcome e-mail would fall to them. I think that would come from on high that these need to go out, along with updates etc. I have no issues with my rep. Dan Minion has been great whenever I call him.
    Rob Richardson is my Ticket Rep and he has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    From what I read, it sounds like you guys have individual reps for your season ticket packages. I'm no business whiz but it seems to me by having individual reps, wouldn't that create a lot of extra overhead in administration cost as opposed to having two or three people working in the ticket office where you don't have specific individual reps?
    I'm not sure how many Ticket Representatives there are but I prefer to have my own rep who I can call or Email directly. There's probably only a few Ticket Reps anyway.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Spoke to my rep the other day, said season tickets are over 12500

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements: