Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    hey guys - hope all is well and great news is this franchise gets a new owner and home stadium soon. arguments for and against aside - we need some positive (any!!) momentum we can get right now. That said, do the season tickets actually come with the home playoff game this year? before I inquired of my ticket rep i wanted to double check with those in the know (you guys) before. Thanks again for your help (my old man renewed upon deciding he was able to make 7 of the 8 home games so play on). Thanks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by flutie02 View Post
    Sorry I added a 0, 1,250
    I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it was that bad.
    That's gotta be 1,250 addresses, so with an average of 4 tickets per subscriber that's 6,000 seasons tickets right there...but that's still less than half of the next lowest CFL team. Watching the Argos at an intimate outdoor stadium played on natural grass (with a full roof over the seating) should be a tremendous draw for fans! It'll be incredible to watch these great players in full spikes, like real old-time football, with the grass and mud churning in the air from a high-stepping fullback in a cut-back pattern, powering through the desperate grasps of the wet and grass-stained defenders. I can't wait!

If the Argos move to BMO next year, they should sell a minimum of 13,000 ST this year (guaranteeing purchasers a comparable seat at BMO in 2016) and likely 15,000 or more for their first season at BMO. That's a worst case scenario. The Argos could easily be forced to cap ST sales at 18,000 to allow their traditionally strong walkup crowd an opportunity to see the games. If ST sales stall for some reason, they could offer 5-game Flex Packs with the same seat guarantee for 2016, which should be a strong seller if required to fill the stadium.

There could be such a demand for Argo tickets at RC this year, the Argos might be forced to open the upper deck, for at least the final few games of their farewell season at RC.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
    That's gotta be 1,250 addresses, so with an average of 4 tickets per subscriber that's 6,000 seasons tickets right there..
    First of all, it's not households. Second of all, where do you get a ridiculous number of 4 tickets per household that buys season tickets? I can guarantee you that the majority of season's tickets that are bought are done in pairs. I would also bet that there are more single season seats sold than groups of 4.

Where do you come up with these gems?
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    with churning in the air from a high-stepping fullback in a cut-back pattern, powering through the desperate grasps. I can't wait
    wait, are you talkin about the the grass or tfc fans hearts?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    That's gotta be 1,250 addresses, so with an average of 4 tickets per subscriber that's 6,000 seasons tickets right there...but that's still less than half of the next lowest CFL team. Watching the Argos at an intimate outdoor stadium played on natural grass (with a full roof over the seating) should be a tremendous draw for fans! It'll be incredible to watch these great players in full spikes, like real old-time football, with the grass and mud churning in the air from a high-stepping fullback in a cut-back pattern, powering through the desperate grasps of the wet and grass-stained defenders. I can't wait!

If the Argos move to BMO next year, they should sell a minimum of 13,000 ST this year (guaranteeing purchasers a comparable seat at BMO in 2016) and likely 15,000 or more for their first season at BMO. That's a worst case scenario. The Argos could easily be forced to cap ST sales at 18,000 to allow their traditionally strong walkup crowd an opportunity to see the games. If ST sales stall for some reason, they could offer 5-game Flex Packs with the same seat guarantee for 2016, which should be a strong seller if required to fill the stadium.

There could be such a demand for Argo tickets at RC this year, the Argos might be forced to open the upper deck, for at least the final few games of their farewell season at RC.
    You should throw some gas on the fire and post this on the Red Patch Boys forum. They'd love that comment.

Banned
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    You should throw some gas on the fire and post this on the Red Patch Boys forum. They'd love that comment.
    I'm just curious, how is what some RPB are posting on their forum any different than what some Rider fans are posting here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm just curious, how is what some RPB are posting on their forum any diffrent than what some Rider fans are posting here.
    That post was intended as a humorous joke, hence the smiley icon. If I was serious, I would have signed up on that forum and said my piece over there. Sorry if I offended you.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumblitis View Post
    That post was intended as a humorous joke, hence the smiley icon. If I was serious, I would have signed up on that forum and said my piece over there. Sorry if I offended you.
    I'm not offended but I'm not a fan of hypocrisy. Focusing on the extreme stupidity of some RPB is a waste of time in my opinion. Every fan group has some idiots.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Every fan group has some idiots.
    Couldn't agree more with you on this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:

Level

Pls report back to us on the accuracy of these sales predictions later this year.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Once the sale of the Argonauts becomes official I will be picking up at least 4 season tickets.
    To the points that are continually being made on this thread, IMO the Argonauts really need to move away from the wait and see approach (waiting for the customer to call them), as it's clearly not working nor helping.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Once the sale of the Argonauts becomes official I will be picking up at least 4 season tickets.
    To the points that are continually being made on this thread, IMO the Argonauts really need to move away from the wait and see approach (waiting for the customer to call them), as it's clearly not working nor helping.
    To be fair I've heard from a few people that have had season tickets or flex packs in the past that they have received calls. I don't think there is much of an issue with the ticket reps. It's hard to sell tickets when everyone knows how easily they can get them the day of the game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    To be fair I've heard from a few people that have had season tickets or flex packs in the past that they have received calls. I don't think there is much of an issue with the ticket reps. It's hard to sell tickets when everyone knows how easily they can get them the day of the game.
    It's not on the ticket reps. Finding new customers goes beyond anything a ticket rep can accomplish. They need to hire more people (preferably on the corporate sales side) to go out an convince new or returning people to buy. Start with a true marketing department. Can't help but wonder how much this team could be worth if they actually had a TRUE 25k a game in ticket sales.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I wonder if it comes down to each individual Ticket Representative in regards to the level of communication? Maybe some do more than others? I've been quite happy with my Rep.

I have experienced fantastic service from my rep KS .....

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Funny how even the Star reported on Monday, that with the new TV deal the Argos would only need 20,000 paid at BMO to turn a profit, but when others have been saying this for the last year, it was no way, but now the media reports it's and it's WAY

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyice View Post

I have experienced fantastic service from my rep KS .....
    Best wishes to my Argonaut ticket rep Dan Minion who is leaving the Argonauts, very nice guy.
    Shame the organization has lost some great reps such as Burton Lee and Mitch Scott in the last couple of years, guys who also went way above and beyond in reaching out to their customers and making you feel part of the Argonaut family!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    Best wishes to my Argonaut ticket rep Dan Minion who is leaving the Argonauts, very nice guy.
    Shame the organization has lost some great reps such as Burton Lee and Mitch Scott in the last couple of years, guys who also went way above and beyond in reaching out to their customers and making you feel part of the Argonaut family!
    And this is another reason why so many of us got fed up with Braley.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballstothewall View Post
    Funny how even the Star reported on Monday, that with the new TV deal the Argos would only need 20,000 paid at BMO to turn a profit, but when others have been saying this for the last year, it was no way, but now the media reports it's and it's WAY
    Welcome on board the good ship Argo. Great name.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo57 View Post
    I'll have to give him a ring before he leaves, he is my rep as well. I have nothing but positive things to say about him.