Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Calling all Argofans to sign the petition for CIS National interlock

Being an avid CIS fan and supporter of homegrown talent, I am asking all Argofans to sign the petition for National Interlock of the top 8 teams across the country. .....Along with this would be a national TV production.

There are various political hurdles but we can discuss this if there is the interest.

So I will post a few information sites to visit as well as the petition site.....

hope it is all of interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyH9...riltEkrTHqZU6g

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh...l?soc_src=copy

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...267/story.html

http://www.cisblog.ca/2015/02/on-cis...issues-at.html

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/is-a-cis-fo...works-1.215093

Most important ... the petition.....

https://www.change.org/p/cis-footbal...share_petition

Thanks for voting!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    I have signed and I shared on Facebook.

Here in the West the idea has full support of Canada West but the stumbling block seems to be the OUAA. David Dube (the financial backer of the concept) was pretty direct on the Sportscage and you could tell there is a lot of frustration with the OUAA.
    Go to minute 40 for the interview.
    http://www.620ckrm.com/images/mp3/SC_Feb2715.mp3

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm on record as someone that wants a 2 tier system in the CIS. This proposal does nothing for me. While the top schools will play each other, that will give them a huge edge in recruiting over the non top schools in each conference. That means when a top school that plays the interlocking schedule plays a non top school in conference, we will see more of the same 70-0 scores that have become far too common.

They need a full tier system in order to make for more competitive competition.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    A 2 tier system sounds ideal but in reality , with the size of Canada and the expanse between the teams, it won't happen. especially when there aren't any way of getting funds for cross country travel. You can't get any TV rights as there aren't any.

The other problem is the OUA looks to be having problems with have and have not football teams. The answer is beginning to be limiting the have teams and not putting in a 2 tier system. The OUA , in all its wisdom, have limited teams to 3 uniforms. (this affects Guelph primarily)

The N8 at least will allow CIS football exposure across the nation. There are some longer term changes that can occur to allow more teams to be exposed to this interlock and television, but still stay within their conference. It also will help market the CIS players so that the audience can follow them into their CFL career.

Once a national presence is made on national TV for a number of years, only then will a contract with a TV group be profitable for the CIS. Then maybe one can do some tiering.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    A 2 tier system sounds ideal but in reality , with the size of Canada and the expanse between the teams, it won't happen. especially when there aren't any way of getting funds for cross country travel. You can't get any TV rights as there aren't any.

The other problem is the OUA looks to be having problems with have and have not football teams. The answer is beginning to be limiting the have teams and not putting in a 2 tier system. The OUA , in all its wisdom, have limited teams to 3 uniforms. (this affects Guelph primarily)

The N8 at least will allow CIS football exposure across the nation. There are some longer term changes that can occur to allow more teams to be exposed to this interlock and television, but still stay within their conference. It also will help market the CIS players so that the audience can follow them into their CFL career.

Once a national presence is made on national TV for a number of years, only then will a contract with a TV group be profitable for the CIS. Then maybe one can do some tiering.
    My point is that the Western's and Mac's are already getting the best recruits in Ontario and absolutely blowing out a majority of the other teams in the OUA. If this N8 gets established, the gap will become even bigger. I personally cringe when I see half the games in the OUA being decided by margins of 35 or more points. Sadly, it may be only a matter of time before the likes of York, Waterloo and Toronto say good-bye to football if the competitive balance is not improved.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    My point is that the Western's and Mac's are already getting the best recruits in Ontario and absolutely blowing out a majority of the other teams in the OUA. If this N8 gets established, the gap will become even bigger. I personally cringe when I see half the games in the OUA being decided by margins of 35 or more points. Sadly, it may be only a matter of time before the likes of York, Waterloo and Toronto say good-bye to football if the competitive balance is not improved.
    ...... Or the OUA restricts the growth of the Westerns and Macs or Guelphs and Carletons ..... The start was restricting roster size and number of uniforms. In effect the have nots want to bring the level of football down.
    I don't know why the OUA don't adjust the schedules so that the top 6 play each other more and the bottom half play each other more. That would create the possibility of less blowout scores. .. A pseudo tier that can be fluid year to year. ...... It's ridiculous that Guelph has missed playing Western 2 of the last 3 years during the regular season. York or Waterloo should be as lucky.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I don't know why the OUA don't adjust the schedules so that the top 6 play each other more and the bottom half play each other more. That would create the possibility of less blowout scores. .. A pseudo tier that can be fluid year to year
    If they do nothing else, they should definitely do this.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Signed. I find it frustrating that my generation considers CIS a joke.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    I get that. I love good CIS ball, but the competitive balance is just getting a little ridiculous the last few years.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Just like NFL fans consider the CFL. Why is there always "elitists" when it comes to sports leagues in the same discipline?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Dare View Post
    Just like NFL fans consider the CFL. Why is there always "elitists" when it comes to sports leagues in the same discipline?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Well the likes of U of T blew football out of the water years ago with the marks it takes just to get in the door. They used to be a powerhouse years ago. With U of T they have been crap for at least 20 years. I remember their last Vanier back in the early years of the dome with The Squirrel returning punts and kickoffs. One of my landscape clients at the time had a son who played on that team. Nardi was his last name.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Well the likes of U of T blew football out of the water years ago with the marks it takes just to get in the door. They used to be a powerhouse years ago. With U of T they have been crap for at least 20 years. I remember their last Vanier back in the early years of the dome with The Squirrel returning punts and kickoffs. One of my landscape clients at the time had a son who played on that team. Nardi was his last name.
    That '93 team had a great offence with Mario Sturino at QB, Squirrel McCausland and Francis Ettiene as the recievers and Lorne King as the feature back. They put a team together in the spring touch football league I play in back then, and though they didn't win (touch football is a very different game than tackle) you can just see the talent that they had.