Reply to Thread
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level

Keith Pelley leaving Rogers

Former Argo prez Keith Pelley is leaving Rogers to become CEO of the European Tour golf tour which is a move I don't quite understand but I'm happy for him. Always enjoyed having Keith as president of the Argos. Even that one time when I phoned the office after hours to talk to someone else, and Keith happened to answer, and he kept saying "Band? You're from the band? What band? We don't have a band." (he was kidding (I hope))

http://www.marketingmag.ca/media/kei...mpaign=JobZone

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle24003700/
    Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I always thought that Pelley would be uncomfortable with Rogers stance on the Argos. At least the perception we get that Rogers would just as soon the Argos disappeared. This Lawrence guy sounds like the real problem with the backing of Edward Rogers Jr. who probably just as arrogant as his father.
    They come and they go but as the old song says "and the Band played on". The Argonotes that is.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Pelley did nothing for the Argos after he left. The last thing I heard him say about the Argos was that he and C & S "tried everything" to make it work and could'nt do it. You can bet he didn't exactly encourage the MLSE board to acquire the franchise.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Pelley did nothing for the Argos after he left. The last thing I heard him say about the Argos was that he and C & S "tried everything" to make it work and could'nt do it. You can bet he didn't exactly encourage the MLSE board to acquire the franchise.
    Pelley even tried to claim that the final Bills in Toronto game had more paid attendance than the 2013 East Final. Yeah, announced attendance was a bit larger for the Bills game but probably only about half of the people actually paid for their seats.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Pelley even tried to claim that the final Bills in Toronto game had more paid attendance than the 2013 East Final. Yeah, announced attendance was a bit larger for the Bills game but probably only about half of the people actually paid for their seats.
    Yes one would never have known that Pelley was with the Argos at one time.
    As for his leaving, I would not be surprised if he jumped before being pushed by the crooked "R" corporation for the gross overspending of $3B large for the hockey rights which is hemorrhaging the corporation big time.
    All the reports I have read is how Pelley was the leading force in the negotiations and therefore the over the top amount.