Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For those who believe no young person in DT Toronto cares about the Argos

I have been sending this to as many outlets as possible (obviously Rogers is included in this):

"To whom this may concern,

I am extremely disappointed with how Rogers has been handling the Toronto Argonauts’ situation and the attempt by 2/3 of MLSE to acquire the storied franchise.

Knowing that the Canadian Football League's success depends heavily on a viable Toronto team, I see Roger’s pure disrespect and apathy towards the situation as an assault on the great tradition of Canadian football. I am not against profits and doing what is best for shareholders, but there is no reason to believe that Roger's properties that include the Blue Jays and NHL cannot flourish beside a VERY successful Argos team.

As a result, I am actively moving all my services away from Rogers. I currently have Rogers mobile, internet and cable and my internet and cable will be moved this week and I will move my mobile away in the coming months. I also will no longer attend Blue Jays' games and watch Sportsnet (including NHL playoffs). Beyond this, I will work to promote others to do the same. Being a young professional in downtown Toronto, this is not the demographic Rogers wants to alienate.

It is disgraceful what Rogers has done and I am embarrassed that it operates as a publicly traded company in this country.

Long live the Toronto Argonauts and the Canadian Football League,

Curtis"

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Kudos to you, Curtis! That is a great first post to this forum.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Welcome to the Forum Curtis. And thank you for your support of the Argonauts and the CFL.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Oh man that is KILLER!!!! Good on you! I feel the same and once The Argonauts are out of the dome I will never step foot in there again.

It's very sad how fractured the Toronto sports scene is thanks to the likes of Rogers and many media outlets. Everyone cutting each others throats and not working together to all get along and thrive. I used to hope that each TO team did well. Those days are done for me.

Banned
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Amen to OP

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Great OP!

I'm a Ticats season seater holder living here in dt T.O and can't wait to catch games at BMO field.

I'd love to cancel my Rogers cable but I am not sure if there are any alternatives if you are living downtown.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Very well done, Curtis. Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
    Great OP!

I'm a Ticats season seater holder living here in dt T.O and can't wait to catch games at BMO field.

I'd love to cancel my Rogers cable but I am not sure if there are any alternatives if you are living downtown.
    I'd be shocked if you couldn't get Bell Fibe downtown.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    You should be able to get Bell Fibe.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I wonder if TFC fans are doing the same thing but against Bell and in support of Rogers?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Achievements:

Level
    Young fan from Scarborough here. Welcome to the forum. PREACH ON, BROTHER! TESTIFY!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtownfan View Post
    You should be able to get Bell Fibe.
    Thanks. Just checked on their site and it is unavailable in my building.

Assuming this deal goes through I'd suggest people start using Bell services and dump Rogers related entities as much as possible. Even go with Telus as they are a CFL sponsor.

The stupid thing is if Rogers had gotten behing the Argos and CFL I would have gone to more Jays games, TFC games etc. - now I am trying to see that they get as little of my money as possible.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by "Issues"Mcgee View Post
    Young fan from Scarborough here. Welcome to the forum. PREACH ON, BROTHER! TESTIFY!
    Agreed !!! - right on Curtis !!!

Arrrrrrrgoooooos !!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis16 View Post
    I have been sending this to as many outlets as possible (obviously Rogers is included in this):

I am extremely disappointed with how Rogers has been handling the Toronto Argonauts’ situation and the attempt by 2/3 of MLSE to acquire the storied franchise.

Knowing that the Canadian Football League's success depends heavily on a viable Toronto team, I see Roger’s pure disrespect and apathy towards the situation as an assault on the great tradition of Canadian football. I am not against profits and doing what is best for shareholders, but there is no reason to believe that Roger's properties that include the Blue Jays and NHL cannot flourish beside a VERY successful Argos team.

As a result, I am actively moving all my services away from Rogers. I currently have Rogers mobile, internet and cable and my internet and cable will be moved this week and I will move my mobile away in the coming months. I also will no longer attend Blue Jays' games and watch Sportsnet (including NHL playoffs). Beyond this, I will work to promote others to do the same. Being a young professional in downtown Toronto, this is not the demographic Rogers wants to alienate.

It is disgraceful what Rogers has done and I am embarrassed that it operates as a publicly traded company in this country.

Curtis"
    Well said Curtis!!
    Welcome aboard, any support of the greatest franchise in pro sports is appreciated!!
    Toronto Argonauts:
    16 Time World Champions
    Reigning 100th Grey Cup Champions!!
    Gods Team!! (You get my drift)!!

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    Rogers has sickened me for years and I already switched everything to Bell a couple years ago. This news on the Argos ownership shows I made the right call on that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level
    Nice job Curtis. For my southern Ontario wireless needs I use Primus. CFL sponsor don't ya know.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis16 View Post

Curtis"
    This is great Curtis, can I forward this on?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    I have Rogers TV/Internet/phone bundle. It's a decent deal and performs well. Unfortunately, I'm so pissed off right now and considering joining the rebellion. F Rogers! They started the "get the Argos out and bring in grass" scenario and now that they found a home, their causing problems? WTF! What a bunch of hypocrites.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Achievements:

Level
    Way to go, Curtis! I signed up with Bell Fibe when I returned a Canada a few years ago (severed all business relationships with Rogers in 2009) and haven't looked back. I hardly watched any NHL hockey this year in light of the new Rogers deal as well (though the lamentable play of the Leafs made that an easy choice).

Given the death of the Bills in Toronto series, I was starting to consider letting bygones be bygones, but this whole story about Rogers deliberately obstructing the Argos sale and move has infuriated me. I honestly couldn't watch any NHL playoffs last night I was so mad. And I might just not watch anymore this year if this keeps up.

Great comment also by 1argoholic about the fractured Toronto sports scene. I used to cheer for all three Toronto teams (yeah, that's right, all three), but now I can't even stomach following the Jays. It's all become a zero-sum game, and if choices have to be made, then I choose my beloved Argos (even over the Leafs).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    Nice job Curtis. For my southern Ontario wireless needs I use Primus. CFL sponsor don't ya know.
    Pretty sure that Primus let their sponsorship of the Ticats expire a couple of years ago.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Great move Curtis!
    I'm not on Twitter but that would also be a good vehicle to push a ... drop your rogers accounts hashtag ......
    I hope this sale and lease contract goes through this next week without the blessings of the demon rogers.... I will then be looking forward to making a " stick it " video along the lines of the Google or go daddy commercial .... Could be fun!