Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    That Go Daddy commercial kicks arse, I love it.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis16 View Post
    I have been sending this to as many outlets as possible (obviously Rogers is included in this):

"To whom this may concern,

I am extremely disappointed with how Rogers has been handling the Toronto Argonauts’ situation and the attempt by 2/3 of MLSE to acquire the storied franchise.

Knowing that the Canadian Football League's success depends heavily on a viable Toronto team, I see Roger’s pure disrespect and apathy towards the situation as an assault on the great tradition of Canadian football. I am not against profits and doing what is best for shareholders, but there is no reason to believe that Roger's properties that include the Blue Jays and NHL cannot flourish beside a VERY successful Argos team.

As a result, I am actively moving all my services away from Rogers. I currently have Rogers mobile, internet and cable and my internet and cable will be moved this week and I will move my mobile away in the coming months. I also will no longer attend Blue Jays' games and watch Sportsnet (including NHL playoffs). Beyond this, I will work to promote others to do the same. Being a young professional in downtown Toronto, this is not the demographic Rogers wants to alienate.

It is disgraceful what Rogers has done and I am embarrassed that it operates as a publicly traded company in this country.

Long live the Toronto Argonauts and the Canadian Football League,

Curtis"
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I'm not on Twitter but that would also be a good vehicle to push a ... drop your rogers accounts hashtag ......
    It doesn't appear to be going to well: #cancelrogers

EDIT: Looks like there is much more activity with this hashtag: #boycottRogers
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-01-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added Hashtag

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis16 View Post
    I have been sending this to as many outlets as possible (obviously Rogers is included in this):

"To whom this may concern,

I am extremely disappointed with how Rogers has been handling the Toronto Argonauts’ situation and the attempt by 2/3 of MLSE to acquire the storied franchise.

Knowing that the Canadian Football League's success depends heavily on a viable Toronto team, I see Roger’s pure disrespect and apathy towards the situation as an assault on the great tradition of Canadian football. I am not against profits and doing what is best for shareholders, but there is no reason to believe that Roger's properties that include the Blue Jays and NHL cannot flourish beside a VERY successful Argos team.

As a result, I am actively moving all my services away from Rogers. I currently have Rogers mobile, internet and cable and my internet and cable will be moved this week and I will move my mobile away in the coming months. I also will no longer attend Blue Jays' games and watch Sportsnet (including NHL playoffs). Beyond this, I will work to promote others to do the same. Being a young professional in downtown Toronto, this is not the demographic Rogers wants to alienate.

It is disgraceful what Rogers has done and I am embarrassed that it operates as a publicly traded company in this country.

Long live the Toronto Argonauts and the Canadian Football League,

Curtis"
    I also want to welcome you aboard the good ship Argo curtis16. The best first post I've ever seen, especially when no corporation deserves it more than Rogers. Plus you threw in the bonus of being young which counters Rogers' claim Argo fans are all on or near pension age.