Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LLB997 View Post
    The fans paid for the seat, not the railing they hung their little banner from.
    Regardless, even if those fans had wanted to pay for the advertising space on that railing MLSE would have had the right to refuse them or in this case MLSE had the right to remove the content they felt was inappropriate. They pay the city to manage BMO Field and freedom of speech doesn't apply in that situation. Personally, I think the fans that made that banner wasted their time, energy, and money on it. They could have produced something to support the team instead.

Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post

This is going a little to far in my opinion.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    This is going a little to far in my opinion.
    Maybe it is, but we are all aware at how employers use social media for info on who they hire and obviously people already with the company. You have to be pretty stupid to not think someone of importance is going to see your actions at a televised public event.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Maybe it is, but we are all aware at how employers use social media for info on who they hire and obviously people already with the company. You have to be pretty stupid to not think someone of importance is going to see your actions at a televised public event.
    True, but I won't be surprised if there is a lawsuit coming. If he was on his own time how can Hydro One justify this legally? One issue leading to another issue here in my opinion. When does social media "justice" go to far?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    They do have the right to protect their public image. Just like the company that employed the guy who masquerades as a soldier.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder: 2010 - 2014 & 2016 - Present
    Grey Cups Attended: 2012, 2016
    Current Seats Location: Section 227

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The following CBC report on the firing includes a video.

A Hydro One employee has been fired for hurling obscenities at a Toronto reporter, after video of her confronting her hecklers went viral.
    "Hydro One is taking steps to terminate the employee for violating our code of conduct," said Hydro One's director of corporate affairs Daffyd Roderick in a statement. "Respect for all people is engrained in the code and our values. We are committed to a work environment where discrimination or harassment of any type is met with zero tolerance."
    Shauna Hunt of CityNews was the latest woman targeted by a boorish trend known as FHRITP heckling, when a group of men shouted sexually explicit comments into her microphone as she tried to cover a Toronto FC soccer game.
    FHRITP stands for f--k her right in the p---y.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/hydr...hunt-1.3070948

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    True, but I won't be surprised if there is a lawsuit coming. If he was on his own time how can Hydro One justify this legally? One issue leading to another issue here in my opinion. When does social media "justice" go to far?
    No chance of winning a lawsuit. Any firm that hires someone has them sign off on things, which include, as mentioned above, a code of conduct. It protects the firm from potential law suits from former employees. Bottom line...Only an idiot would behave in this manner in public today. Everyone has a cell phone and many will not hesitate to use it under these circumstances.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Boatman
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Although I did once have people complain that I was making to much noise when our opposition was lining up to start their plays.
    That's when you point your megaphone at the same people and apologize for making so much noise as you forgot you were at a sporting event.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    While true, it is not an excuse. Those guys deserve to be banned for x amount of games. I hope gilthethrill is right and they regret their actions. If they truly do, they should go on air with Shauna Hunt and apologize. I would give them credit for that and recommend a shorter ban. Not that I control that, just my opinion.
    To MLSE's and TFC's credit, they are taking action against these individuals.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    To MLSE's and TFC's credit, they are taking action against these individuals.
    Agreed but I think it's going to be almost impossible to enforce a stadium ban. It's not like they check your ID when you enter a stadium.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Good observation from Steve Maich, head of Rogers Publishing -

Faster + Louder = Better

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I am fine with this type of justice

we are living in different times boys, The crap my old man got away with would land me in Jail today.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Agreed but I think it's going to be almost impossible to enforce a stadium ban. It's not like they check your ID when you enter a stadium.
    This is a good point. How well do stadium bans work? If these guys are season ticket holders they can revoke their tickets which I'm all for. Also I'm sure most people know what these guys look like now. If they don't get stooped at the gate by security someone could probably report them to security pretty easily. No system is perfect. How many people are on the road right now with out a license?

I am fine with this type of justice
    Is this justice? It maybe legal for these guys employers to fire them as some of you have pointed out but does the punishment fit the crime? I think something is a little askew when one of these guys has lost his job and the others might as well, yet Rob Ford still has his.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    This is a good point. How well do stadium bans work? If these guys are season ticket holders they can revoke their tickets which I'm all for. Also I'm sure most people know what these guys look like now. If they don't get stooped at the gate by security someone could probably report them to security pretty easily. No system is perfect. How many people are on the road right now with out a license?

Is this justice? It maybe legal for these guys employers to fire them as some of you have pointed out but does the punishment fit the crime? I think something is a little askew when one of these guys has lost his job and the others might as well, yet Rob Ford still has his.
    Even if he has season tickets and they're revoked what's to stop a friend buying them for him?

I think him being fired is total overkill, especially since he didn't actually say F her in the P. He only defended people who did. As to Rob Ford what about Elizabeth May just a few days ago? What she said was worse than this. Also Ezra Levant pointed out that one of this guys Hydro One coworkers recently kept her job after saying that 'the Nazi's should have killed all of the Jews'. So there's some serious hypocrisy going on here.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Achievements:

Level
    Even if he has season tickets and they're revoked what's to stop a friend buying them for him?

I think him being fired is total overkill, especially since he didn't actually say F her in the P. He only defended people who did. As to Rob Ford what about Elizabeth May just a few days ago? What she said was worse than this. Also Ezra Levant pointed out that one of this guys Hydro One coworkers recently kept her job after saying that 'the Nazi's should have killed all of the Jews'. So there's some serious hypocrisy going on here.
    Speaking of the Jews, their Holocaust (the Gypsies, the handicapped, Soviet POWs, etc., were also exterminated to the best of the Nazis' ability) is a perfect illustration of where vicious thinking, expressed at first as ugly and harassing sentiment, can lead.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    One factor I think may have been involved in the firing of the Hydro One employee is the fact that he made more than $100,000, which means that he almost certainly had other employees underneath him. Whether Hydro One decided to fire him or not, it was going to be sending a message to those employees, especially if they are women (even if they are men, bullies tend to bully wherever they can get away with it and so his bullying intimidation would likely come out to a lesser extent with men when he felt he could get away with it). By firing this employee, they send a message to others. Bullying in the workplace is a major contributor to people quitting, increased sick leave, and poor communication leading to poor decisions as people try to avoid dealing with the bully. So, in addition to the corporation's image with the public, the internal dynamics of an organization are affected, and the more powerful the individual within the corporation, the greater the effects are likely to be.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    One factor I think may have been involved in the firing of the Hydro One employee is the fact that he made more than $100,000, which means that he almost certainly had other employees underneath him. Whether Hydro One decided to fire him or not, it was going to be sending a message to those employees, especially if they are women (even if they are men, bullies tend to bully wherever they can get away with it and so his bullying intimidation would likely come out to a lesser extent with men when he felt he could get away with it). By firing this employee, they send a message to others. Bullying in the workplace is a major contributor to people quitting, increased sick leave, and poor communication leading to poor decisions as people try to avoid dealing with the bully. So, in addition to the corporation's image with the public, the internal dynamics of an organization are affected, and the more powerful the individual within the corporation, the greater the effects are likely to be.
    Hydro fired this guy knowing that a lawsuit will soon be filed by the terminated employee and by Hyrdo commenting publicly about the firing , this will help the guy get a few more bucks off Hydro. However hydro decided to is worth it. hydro could be helped out if Police lay a charge agaist the guy also, but either way Hydro will be paying this guy eventually

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Level

You summed it up perfectly. If you have big money and big connections then problems go away, Its Joe Average that will always be made an example of. Pretty common knowledge as we see it on the news everyday. Even more reason to behave. These are not children, they should know they would be held to a different standard, They are not the ROFO's of the world. Is it right, No!, good luck changing it. I know well enough to FHRITP behind a closed door, so should these clowns.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Nothing. That's why I said:

Also I'm sure most people know what these guys look like now. If they don't get stooped at the gate by security someone could probably report them to security pretty easily. No system is perfect. How many people are on the road right now with out a license?
    Apparently if they are banned from the stadium and caught on the premises they can be fined for trespassing just like how things escalate if someone is caught driving with a suspended license.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    There are a lot of assumptions going on there. We have no idea what this person is like at work. Also, they could have warned him, sent him to sensitivity training and if it happened again dismiss him. I think there is a possibility he has learned what he did was wrong.

You summed it up perfectly. If you have big money and big connections then problems go away, Its Joe Average that will always be made an example of. Pretty common knowledge as we see it on the news everyday. Even more reason to behave. These are not children, they should know they would be held to a different standard, They are not the ROFO's of the world. Is it right, No!, good luck changing it. I know well enough to FHRITP behind a closed door, so should these clowns.
    The social media mob mentality doesn't help things either. It seems to me society is slipping backwards a little bit. Instead of running into the streets with pitchforks people are running to Twitter etc. with their keyboards. I liked one of Cathal Kelly's tweets on the subject:

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Good on Hydro One and most of all the reporter!!! Now will our rates come down? On a serious note these DORKS who can't handle a few watered down beers deserve to be banned for life and yes canned from their jobs.
    I'm the first to admit I've yelled, sworn and carried on like a fool at CFL games back in the day but I've never disrespected a woman with such a vulgar tongue on live tv no less. Great way to impress the ladies, YOU TOOLS!!!!!! Back to your basement with your video games, stupid asses!!
    I'm betting Mr Yellowshirt in the video has had the biggest hangover ever. How do you simply apply for a new job after that video is all around the world. Young guy making over 100 grand a year. Those jobs don't just fall from the sky unless you're working at Hydro One. Everyone at Hydro One makes 100 grand.
    From what I've witnessed TFC has a serious issue with plenty of it's fans. Just because soccer fans overseas act like dicks doesn't mean you need to copy their actions in North America.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

So, does this mean MLSE and Hydro One have more integrity than the CFL and the Allouettes?
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-14-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Updated Quote and Question