Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    It probably means that's the most the league and the Als can do under the CBA, unless the Als end up cutting him.

Banned
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    It probably means that's the most the league and the Als can do under the CBA, unless the Als end up cutting him.
    Good point. It will be interesting to see if he gets cut then.

In other news:

Q&A: Shauna Hunt on why she stood up to FHRITP

fans in incident with reporter could face MLS ban too

Fired Hydro One Employee Apologizes to Shauna Hunt
    Last edited by T-Bone; 05-16-2015 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Added Articles

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Obviously another pig gets his job back because of his union. I HATE unions!!! Either that or Hydro is gutless and or cares more about itself than the bigger picture. This slug will be making his big coin again and laughing all the way to the bank and next TFC game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    In all fairness the guy who got his job back wasn't the one who made the remarks. He was the one defending his friend who made the remarks.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    Obviously another pig gets his job back because of his union. I HATE unions!!!
    I'm right there with you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Obviously another pig gets his job back because of his union. I HATE unions!!! Either that or Hydro is gutless and or cares more about itself than the bigger picture. This slug will be making his big coin again and laughing all the way to the bank and next TFC game.
    Hydro One would be the last organization you would expect to take the moral high ground.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    In all fairness the guy who got his job back wasn't the one who made the remarks. He was the one defending his friend who made the remarks.
    He didn't even do that, he defended the guy who watched the guy who said FHRITP. Oh , and they never did find out who the guy who actually said it was.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I thought he was the one who defended the one who defended the other one who's brother dated the one who was defended by the guy who's sister wanted to be a reporter and was dating the other guy who was drunk. Who cares they all looked like A$$HOLES.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Who cares they all looked like A$$HOLES.
    Kind of funny coming from you after some of the stuff you've typed around here over the years. I don't think anyone thinks the guy came off looking very smart but ultimately I don't think he deserved to lose his job over it. Plus, it looks like he has tried to make amends: Shawn Simoes, Man Fired For FHRITP Incident, Rehired By Hydro One

Do you not believe in second chances?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    I would never treat a women like that. There's a difference in not taking this site as seriously as some and disrespecting and treating people like crap when face to face. I never do that. This is a site talking for the most part about sports. Really means squat in the big picture.

I believe in second chances for certain things. Disrespecting a female reporter live on tv, I wouldn't give him a second chance.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    There's a difference in not taking this site as seriously as some and disrespecting and treating people like crap when face to face. I never do that.
    So, it's ok to disrespect people online just not face to face then according to you?

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Some peoples term of disrespect is obviously different than others. I've had little respect shown to me by you personally pretty much questioning every second thing I post. Paul, Mulder, Wobbler have all ripped my posts in the past. I just believe it comes with the territory when you post your thoughts honestly and openly. Many on here have actually told me they enjoy my posts. On a site like this ones words might come across offensive to some and honest or funny to others. It's difficult to judge while typing crap out on a forum. You can't get along or agree with everyone and that's life. Yes and face to face I don't just walk up and treat people with disrespect like that Hydro swine and his friends. I'm not an English major or a writer who can use words with a professional flare. I just post.

I do realize that I'm not a saint and have posted my share of BS on here. I don't take this site to be the most important thing in my life.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Some peoples term of disrespect is obviously different than others. I've had little respect shown to me by you personally pretty much questioning every second thing I post. Paul, Mulder, Wobbler have all ripped my posts in the past. I just believe it comes with the territory when you post your thoughts honestly and openly. Many on here have actually told me they enjoy my posts. On a site like this ones words might come across offensive to some and honest or funny to others. It's difficult to judge while typing crap out on a forum. You can't get along or agree with everyone and that's life. Yes and face to face I don't just walk up and treat people with disrespect like that Hydro swine and his friends. I'm not an English major or a writer who can use words with a professional flare. I just post.

I do realize that I'm not a saint and have posted my share of BS on here. I don't take this site to be the most important thing in my life.
    Well said sir, I enjoy your posts because you can tell that they are honest and how you feel, that's what keeps things interesting, if we all posted the same shit this site would be pretty boring (and it isn't)!!
    The sad thing is societal standards seem to be slipping and the actions by these type of dumb asses are tolerated.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I was surprised at his firing. It shows how how influenced companies can be by the media and public outcry. It is interesting how cowardly executives can act without knowing the legal ramifications. I am not defending his actions, but as a union employee myself, I wouldn't be surprised if he has won his job back receiving ALL retro pay. I hope he learned a lesson, however, it was handled wrong and he likely had almost a years worth paid vacation.

Banned
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Many on here have actually told me they enjoy my posts. I don't take this site to be the most important thing in my life.
    Think about it ... you too can make BIG money posting on a sports team site in your spare time ... phone 1-888-699-ARGO ... call now!!!

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Some peoples term of disrespect is obviously different than others.
    I guess so since you never apologized to myself, the moderators or Paul for this and other similar posts.

I've had little respect shown to me by you personally pretty much questioning every second thing I post. Paul, Mulder, Wobbler have all ripped my posts in the past. I just believe it comes with the territory when you post your thoughts honestly and openly. Many on here have actually told me they enjoy my posts.
    To be fair I've stopped responding to 99% of your posts since I realized you care more to rant than to have a discussion. When I did respond to your posts I don't believe I ever insulted you like the example linked above. I would question your idea or statement, so I apologize if that offended you but it wasn't personal.

On a site like this ones words might come across offensive to some and honest or funny to others. It's difficult to judge while typing crap out on a forum. You can't get along or agree with everyone and that's life.
    This is true, I think some people take my opinions far to seriously.

Yes and face to face I don't just walk up and treat people with disrespect like that Hydro swine and his friends. I'm not an English major or a writer who can use words with a professional flare. I just post.
    You shouldn't have to be an English major to realize that calling someone swine, etc. is disrespectful face to face or online. Like many I'm not justifying Simoes' actions, what he did was utterly stupid. I think the fact that many of his co-workers men and women wrote positive e-mails about him says something though. People make mistakes, some bigger and stupider mistakes than others but how they deal with such mistakes is also important.

Trust me this site is not the most important thing in my life but I have to take it a little more seriously than you, it comes with the territory of being owner.

Banned
    Achievements:

Level
    Oh yah that was a good one for sure. I'm very sure I told all I was sorry for that post or it was shut down so perhaps I didn't. I have no issues in using the word sorry and have used it plenty in my days. Honestly never expected to come on here again after that one but received some pm's asking me to stay.

Sorry to all for that rant and touchy behavior.

Still have no use for people who get second chancing after treating women like shit. Women are treated like crap all over the world and guys like that get a second chance when behind closed doors I'm sure he's having a real laugh with his buddies. I won't even go on about the NFL and how they give second and third chances for abusers. Someone has to make a stand.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I thought he was the one who defended the one who defended the other one who's brother dated the one who was defended by the guy who's sister wanted to be a reporter and was dating the other guy who was drunk. Who cares they all looked like A$$HOLES.
    Everyone should care. Why should he be reprimanded for something that he didn't do?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    So, it's ok to disrespect people online just not face to face then according to you?
    And some of those online people would obviously be female.

Banned
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Level
    Oh yah that was a good one for sure. I'm very sure I told all I was sorry for that post or it was shut down so perhaps I didn't. I have no issues in using the word sorry and have used it plenty in my days. Honestly never expected to come on here again after that one but received some pm's asking me to stay.

Sorry to all for that rant and touchy behavior.
    It was originally pulled for I think obvious reasons. I accept your apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    Everyone should care. Why should he be reprimanded for something that he didn't do?
    He did support the behavior so he is just as guilty. The question should be though, does the punishment fit the crime?

Still have no use for people who get second chancing after treating women like shit. Women are treated like crap all over the world and guys like that get a second chance when behind closed doors I'm sure he's having a real laugh with his buddies. I won't even go on about the NFL and how they give second and third chances for abusers. Someone has to make a stand.
    Why are you so sure he is "having a real laugh with his buddies" behind closed doors? The FHRITP trend has happened to both male and female reporters. Personally I think many saw it more as a prank than actually thinking about what the words meant that they were saying. It was Shauna Hunt's reaction to this particular case that got people discussing it as it had been happening for a long time. Hunt just finally got sick of shrugging it off and decided to take action. I'm glad she stood up to it but Simoes ended up becoming the face of the issue when the issue was much larger than just him. A prank and physical or verbal abuse are very different things.