Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Exactly. I really believe Harris's best chance to play is in Toronto.
    Well of course you do
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Gaping hole is a bit strong, the Argonauts have Fajardo and Kilgore. Let's be honest, we saw very little of Harris prior to 2015 to know what he could do and Harris worked out pretty well I suppose (I'm not a fan). Milanovich is also quite high on Kilgore. Will Finch is a good prospect IMO, whether or not he gets a legit shot is something else entirely.

Sorry - gaping hole it is IMO; Fajardo (???) and Kilgore have exactly what - zero CFL playing experience ?; and MacPherson is a short yardage QB with next to no pro QB consistent passing ability - guy isn't worth being on a CFL roster except for making minimum CFL wage as a 3rd stringer at best.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I'm not comfortable at all with McPherson as the back-up. He might be more mobile than Ray and Harris, but I don't think he can be a consistent passer in this league.
    Agreed, not comfortable at all with McPherson as the back-up, he's a #3 at best. No issue with Kilgore moving up the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Sorry - gaping hole it is IMO; Fajardo (???) and Kilgore have exactly what - zero CFL playing experience ?; and MacPherson is a short yardage QB with next to no pro QB consistent passing ability - guy isn't worth being on a CFL roster except for making minimum CFL wage as a 3rd stringer at best.
    Harris had 1 game experience prior to this past season, so in your opinion, did the Argonauts have a gaping hole at QB in 2015 as well ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowRogue View Post
    Agreed, not comfortable at all with McPherson as the back-up, he's a #3 at best. No issue with Kilgore moving up the latter.

Harris had 1 game experience prior to this past season, so in your opinion, did the Argonauts have a gaping hole at QB in 2015 as well ?

Nope - not near as much; because I saw Harris play and he was impressive; he had the CFL roster experience (wasn't he the 2nd stringer when Collaros was the starter for an injured Ray), plus I always liked Harris' fine college ball resume. Kilgore may be a superstar in waiting - haven't seen him play though.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Nope - not near as much; because I saw Harris play and he was impressive; he had the CFL roster experience (wasn't he the 2nd stringer when Collaros was the starter for an injured Ray), plus I always liked Harris' fine college ball resume. Kilgore may be a superstar in waiting - haven't seen him play though.
    Harris was impressive against Ottawa in 2014, really ?
    Because all I saw was what was to come = Captain Check-down.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Matt Nichols has re-signed to be Drew Willy's backup in Winnipeg while Jeremiah Masoli has re-signed with the Ticats to be one of the backups there. I don't see an obvious landing spot for Trevor Harris. I think that there was some suggestion that Harris could end up in Winnipeg but I think that can be ruled out now.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Matt Nichols has re-signed to be Drew Willy's backup in Winnipeg while Jeremiah Masoli has re-signed with the Ticats to be one of the backups there. I don't see an obvious landing spot for Trevor Harris. I think that there was some suggestion that Harris could end up in Winnipeg but I think that can be ruled out now.
    Yeah, at this stage, Harris will not make more than 200k wherever he signs. The question is, would he rather be a back up in Toronto, or somewhere else? He would be nuts not to sign with the Argos, seeing as how he knows the system and he was effective under the system for the most part.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Still think Mtl, BC and Sask are possibilities, altho the latter two seem pretty slim. If Durant had any sort of setback in his recovery I could see Harris going there, and Mtl can't (or at least shouldn't) be completely sold on Glenn and Cato. B.C. is probably committed to Jennings, but stranger things have happened. I won't be comfortable until Harris has actually signed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Yeah, at this stage, Harris will not make more than 200k wherever he signs. The question is, would he rather be a back up in Toronto, or somewhere else? He would be nuts not to sign with the Argos, seeing as how he knows the system and he was effective under the system for the most part.
    I hate to do this, but I have to agree. Options are really limited for Harris. He could double his salary by staying put in a system that he knows and has had success. Even with Ray, I think Harris will see playing time one way or another, either as a starter or backup.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post

The Bummers are, IMO, going nowhere with Willy & Nichols as QBs - neither is a good calibre starting CFL QB, though Willy has certainly been an upgrade over some of the awful stiffs they have trotted out over the past number of years; still though - Willy is just not an accurate enough passer and not much in terms of mobility either, and Nichols is a Willy-lite. SO - if any CFL team should have interest in Harris, it should be the Bombers - he would be an easy upgrade over those 2 IMO, but maybe O'Shea and co. there don't think so ... and poor personnel decisions/deployment and coaching hire decisions are becoming a feature of that regime there IMO. Again - they will be mired near last place with Willy as their starting QB, and especially with a same old. standard look, predictable dullard offensive mind in LaPolice as OC (you will see basically no difference from what another same old in Bell-fool tried on offence there) ... then as LaPo as the new HC in waiting if O'Shea gets canned = brutal ... I feel sorry for Bomber fans, but don't see things getting any better soon there and possibly worse.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    The Bummers are, IMO, going nowhere with Willy & Nichols as QBs - neither is a good calibre starting CFL QB, though Willy has certainly been an upgrade over some of the awful stiffs they have trotted out over the past number of years; still though - Willy is just not an accurate enough passer and not much in terms of mobility either, and Nichols is a Willy-lite. SO - if any CFL team should have interest in Harris, it should be the Bombers - he would be an easy upgrade over those 2 IMO, but maybe O'Shea and co. there don't think so ... and poor personnel decisions/deployment and coaching hire decisions are becoming a feature of that regime there IMO. Again - they will be mired near last place with Willy as their starting QB, and especially with a same old. standard look, predictable dullard offensive mind in LaPolice as OC (you will see basically no difference from what another same old in Bell-fool tried on offence there) ... then as LaPo as the new HC in waiting if O'Shea gets canned = brutal ... I feel sorry for Bomber fans, but don't see things getting any better soon there and possibly worse.
    I shall believe Willy can avoid Yet Another Injury when he completes anything like a full season. Yes, I agree, the Bummers... it's a bummer to be a Bummers fan. Bummers' decision-making: invariably riding out with all saddles blazing...

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    As usual, AV hits the nail on the head.