Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    Do you remember that seam that went across the football field where the outfield fence stood for Jays games? I am sure I read articles where football players ripped up a knee because of that.
    That seam was nicknamed the Marler seam, as former Ti-Cat QB Dave Marler toer his knee badly on it.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    I was born in 62 and my mom started taking me to Argo games at CNE Stadium when I was around 7. I was totally a Toronto sports kid. Loved The Argonauts, Leafs and eventually The Jays. I played both hockey and baseball through my teens. I was pumped when The Jays came to TO and CNE Stadium. I went to plenty of Jays and Argo games finally getting Argo seasons in the Scotia Bank cheap seats in the 80's. I also remember having zero issue with The Toronto Blizzard who the the city's soccer team of that era. They all used CNE Stadium. I don't think anyone felt entitled to anything in those days. We just never had those thoughts or feelings. We were all just happy that Toronto had a great growing sports scene. Somewhere since Skydome was built everything went nuts and Toronto had drastically changed.

I blame the media with their World Class City BS and various team owners for buying into that bunk. Just because your city is a worldly place doesn't mean you crap on it's history and own people.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by 1argoholic View Post
    I was born in 62 and my mom started taking me to Argo games at CNE Stadium when I was around 7. I was totally a Toronto sports kid. Loved The Argonauts, Leafs and eventually The Jays. I played both hockey and baseball through my teens. I was pumped when The Jays came to TO and CNE Stadium. I went to plenty of Jays and Argo games finally getting Argo seasons in the Scotia Bank cheap seats in the 80's. I also remember having zero issue with The Toronto Blizzard who the the city's soccer team of that era. They all used CNE Stadium. I don't think anyone felt entitled to anything in those days. We just never had those thoughts or feelings. We were all just happy that Toronto had a great growing sports scene. Somewhere since Skydome was built everything went nuts and Toronto had drastically changed.

I blame the media with their World Class City BS and various team owners for buying into that bunk. Just because your city is a worldly place doesn't mean you crap on it's history and own people.
    Agreed.
    I don't really know what this WC anointment really means, it's seems more like an inferiority complex people have when they throw out this handle.
    Almost like a wannabe US scenario, American sports or nothing else matters crap.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    The thing that irks me about the complaining TFC fans is that for all intents and purposes BMO field will still be a soccer specific stadium. This whole thing about SSS's in the MLS is because initially almost all the teams played in monstrous pro football or college football stadiums. What MLS fans wanted were intimate stadiums that fit their average attendance levels that were close to the action. They wouldn't care if such field was shared with any other sport, so long as the field was taken care of for soccer. The main concern was atmosphere, kind of like what CFL teams now desire, and what BMO provides. The dimensions for soccer will remain the same. The atmosphere for TFC fans won't change one iota. Will the field be suitable? I suppose we have to take MLSE's word for it that they are doing everything they can to ensure that it is, and besides that has one person who it will really affect, a TFC player, ever complained publicly that the sharing of the field is a concern to them? If so I haven't heard anything. I really believe this is an "its my toy and I won't share it" situation by certain entitled fans. The same types that think they are smarter than you for liking soccer over football, and more worldly than you because they wear a scarf and sing songs at a soccer game, sorry I mean football match. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if that's what you are into. Just don't try to tell me that you are smarter, more sophisticated or entitled to something that you don't own, as a result of that.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That's not cool. Hopefully the field conditions will be top notch for both teams at BMO Field in 2016 and beyond.
    In all fairness, I should have made mention that players who competed in the old NASL dealt with the same hazzard when they took the field at CNE Stadium as well. Honestly, BMO doesn't need to become an Argo only stadium. TFC fans will enjoy their field and all this will be forgotten.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gilthethrill View Post
    In all fairness, I should have made mention that players who competed in the old NASL dealt with the same hazzard when they took the field at CNE Stadium as well. Honestly, BMO doesn't need to become an Argo only stadium. TFC fans will enjoy their field and all this will be forgotten.
    Agreed. It won't detract from Argo fans experience if TFC play at BMO, just like it won't from TFC fans experience when the Argos play there. Time to learn our lessons from Mr Rogers, and share.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Two points

1. The Red and white colour of the seats is awesome. After all ... it is the colours of our flag and I am a proud Canadian who appreciates that.

2. Anyone notice that some TFC fans get all snooty about Canada's National Soccer stadium ... yet the Pan Am games are using it for Rugby and playing Soccer at Tim Horton's Field?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Two points

1. The Red and white colour of the seats is awesome. After all ... it is the colours of our flag and I am a proud Canadian who appreciates that.

2. Anyone notice that some TFC fans get all snooty about Canada's National Soccer stadium ... yet the Pan Am games are using it for Rugby and playing Soccer at Tim Horton's Field?
    Rugby and lacrosse are both played with some regularity at BMO Field and yet TFC fans make no noise about that. They have latched onto the field as being the reason why they don't want the Argos there but I honestly believe they will find any reason to keep the Argos out of BMO.
    Cameron Dukes + Dan Adeboboye + Kevin Mital + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I only know 2 TFC season ticket holders but they're both CFL fans and are both excited about the Argonauts moving to BMO Field. I think that it's only the vocal minority of TFC fans who are upset by this.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm a TFC season ticket holder too. Since day 1 of the team and I sit right in the supporters section. I like TFC and their games but there is no question that the fans I sit near are being absolute children about the Argos at BMO thing (I was happy that their banner got taken down). To be honest I'm a much bigger Argos fan than TFC but the game day experience as it currently is makes the ticket buying question simple. I'm going to add season for Argos games at BMO now too and I think it's honesly going to to be great for both sports. Houston Dynamo share with football teams as well so this can work. I hope it works out that I'll have the same seat for both teams.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    That's not cool. Hopefully the field conditions will be top notch for both teams at BMO Field in 2016 and beyond.
    The CNE (and most stadiums in general) turf was basically indoor/outdoor carpet on cement, I remember Argonaut linebacker Campbell Hackney landing on a seem on the turf at the Big O in Montreal in 1982 (or 83) which wrecked his knee and ended his career.
    Thankfully the turf technology seems light years ahead today.

Don
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    The 70-18 victory over Calgary in 1990 almost didn't happen because of the deficiencies. I think that Darrell Smith (no K yet!) was one of the most vocal critics that night. He ended up with 200 yards receiving or something.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Problem to me seems like many young TFC fans have zero clue about the history of football vs soccer in the country. Firstly football has so much more tradition. I'd bet most of these fans come from newer Canadian families. My grandparents on one side moved from Belarus what must be 80 something years ago. Sport to them was just getting hear on a ship. These fans grew up with soccer or learned about the sport through their parents. Soccer might be the biggest sport in most of the world but it's down the list in Canada. Just look at how horrible our Canadian Mens team is. Do we still have one?
    Plus Argonaut fans of a certain age do remember having THEIR stadium taken over and a whole section added on for the Jays. The TO Blizzard also played there. I don't recall anyone being pissed off as I've mentioned on here. This whole scene is a load of crap being slung by TFC fans. Most Argonaut fans don't give a rats ass about sharing a field with anyone. Not once did I feel that my Argo game day experience lacked at CNE or Skydome because they Jays also played there.
    If this new hybrid turf is good enough for Wembley where the best soccer in the world is played along with rugby then what is the real issue with TFC fans?
    I watched a few minutes of the TFC and Portland game today. Plenty of empty seats, that Argo Hate banner in the endzone and really slow high school like soccer. If anyone deserves there own stadium it's The Toronto Argonauts and not some upstart team from a mediocre soccer league. It's not Argo fans fault that MLSE has more money then brains and that Argonaut ownership as of late has screwed the pooch and we're stuck going to another mistake by the lake.

I've heard the kind of rumblings before from fans of an upstart so called pro leagues. There has been at least three or four other football leagues, one soccer league that I recall and The WHL or whatever it was called. Where the Winnipeg Jets originated and we had the Toronto Toros. All failed leagues that thought they were all that.

The CFL just keeps trucking along soccer fans so now you must get used to double blue covering the red seats. TFC fans calling the CFL bush when they blow coin to watch an eight year old mediocre soccer team lose more then win. I have socks older then this team. My socks are in better shape then TFC.

I'll ad that I'm done wasting time on TFC matters. In my world TFC doesn't matter and won't matter. You'll be finding a whack of TFC merch at Vallue Village when they fold up real good.