Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Does anyone know if TC is open to the public and if you can speak to players and get some autographs? It would be much less of a hassle for me to get to watch a real practice than it would be to get to Oshawa for fan day.

Argo Fan
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stouffvillain View Post
    Does anyone know if TC is open to the public and if you can speak to players and get some autographs? It would be much less of a hassle for me to get to watch a real practice than it would be to get to Oshawa for fan day.
    I attended the first three days of TC at York. Indeed, it is open to the public and during that time various people attached to the club extended a personal "thanks for coming out". However, I did not sense that the practice sessions were structured to furnish an opportunity for a player meet and greet beyond a friendly "hello" as the players came and went. It struck me that it was all business, which is as it should be under the circumstances. The organization and pace of the practices was impressive.

I came from out-of-town and booked into the same student residence that housed the team on campus. I had the opportunity, and pleasure, to make the acquaintance of Curtis Steele and Chad Owens at that time.

Hope this information helps.

Don
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    I agree with Johno27; training camp is not really the time or place to be autograph seeking because as he says "it was all business." You might get the opportunity to exchange hellos with some of the players when the practice is over.
    TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Boatman
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno27 View Post
    I attended the first three days of TC at York. Indeed, it is open to the public and during that time various people attached to the club extended a personal "thanks for coming out". However, I did not sense that the practice sessions were structured to furnish an opportunity for a player meet and greet beyond a friendly "hello" as the players came and went. It struck me that it was all business, which is as it should be under the circumstances. The organization and pace of the practices was impressive.

I came from out-of-town and booked into the same student residence that housed the team on campus. I had the opportunity, and pleasure, to make the acquaintance of Curtis Steele and Chad Owens at that time.

Hope this information helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by argofan87 View Post
    I agree with Johno27; training camp is not really the time or place to be autograph seeking because as he says "it was all business." You might get the opportunity to exchange hellos with some of the players when the practice is over.
    Thanks Johno

I wasn't planning on disrupting practice and training camp should be "all business". I was just curious if after training players made there way to the stands. Similar to how a baseball player would after BP before a game.

Banned
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Best to wait for regular practices once the season hits. I used to hit Erindale all the time.

Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stouffvillain View Post
    You can wait til regular practice if it makes you more comfortable and if you don't mind missing someone if they get cut. I don't see a problem in approaching a player afterwards at camp,fans of other teams certainly do it as they are leaving but it does seem a bit awkward (at least for me) when you're the only one there. At least there's a small gathering of fans in other cities.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    I'm not sure of the setup at York or Downsview, but at Erindale you could stand, or sit if you choose, right on the sideline. It was a neat experience being so close to the action, especially during scrimmages. There was never a problem getting an autograph after practice, but sometimes the players had a mile walk back to the dressing portables.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 06-03-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    You posted the same link again, jerrym, so I deleted the second instance. If you were trying to link to a different article, double check the address.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Level
    I was at Thursday's second practice.

Brandon Underwood picked off Trevor Harris' first pass for a TD. Later, Underwood was beaten by newcomer Tori Gurley for a long TD.

I thought Kilgore was the best QB today followed by Harris. Gale struggled big time. Sims got zero reps, and I didn't even see Ray anywhere until the end of practice in a media scrum.

The receiver who really impressed me was #85 Diontae Spencer. Not a big guy, but, as they say in hockey, he goes to the dirty areas.

Others who I thought had good days were Chad Owens (not sure he ever has any bad ones), Jermaine Gabriel, Natey Adjei, Henry Josey, Vidal Hazelton, Brandon Isaac, Curtis Steele, and Zander Robinson. Vince Agnew struggled at LB.

Yes, Cleyon Laing was there.

Devin Smith, Kyle Moore, and Dontay Moch were among those who were dressed but didn't participate as far as I could tell. Looked like they were given the practice off rather than being injured, but Dr. Nick Riviera I am not.

Snap judgement on line play based on 90 minutes of practice: either we're going to have a great pass rush, or a not-so-great o-line, or both.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks for the detailed report, argolio!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I was at Thursday's second practice.

Brandon Underwood picked off Trevor Harris' first pass for a TD. Later, Underwood was beaten by newcomer Tori Gurley for a long TD.

I thought Kilgore was the best QB today followed by Harris. Gale struggled big time. Sims got zero reps, and I didn't even see Ray anywhere until the end of practice in a media scrum.

The receiver who really impressed me was #85 Diontae Spencer. Not a big guy, but, as they say in hockey, he goes to the dirty areas.

Others who I thought had good days were Chad Owens (not sure he ever has any bad ones), Jermaine Gabriel, Natey Adjei, Henry Josey, Vidal Hazelton, Brandon Isaac, Curtis Steele, and Zander Robinson. Vince Agnew struggled at LB.

Yes, Cleyon Laing was there.

Devin Smith, Kyle Moore, and Dontay Moch were among those who were dressed but didn't participate as far as I could tell. Looked like they were given the practice off rather than being injured, but Dr. Nick Riviera I am not.

Snap judgement on line play based on 90 minutes of practice: either we're going to have a great pass rush, or a not-so-great o-line, or both.
    Good report. I am choosing to believe it will be a great pass rush.

Don
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level

TORONTO ARGONAUTS FOOTBALL CLUB
    GREY CUP CHAMPIONS: 1914, 1921, 1933, 1937, 1938, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1950, 1952, 1983, 1991, 1996, 1997, 2004, 2012, 2017, 2022

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Although Ricky Ray has been taken off the injured list he is not close to returning to action.

The Argos activated the 35-year-old Ray off the veteran’s injured list, which means he can officially practise with the team. But he is going to keep working on individual drills, not in live drills.

Prior to Thursday, Ray was only allowed to attend player meetings and throw on his own on the sidelines.

Ray was throwing a crisper ball Thursday, the longest going 25 yards, which is the maximum allowed under the football program laid out for him.

“It felt better than the first few times, so I’m making progress, which is a good thing,” Ray said. “I’ve still got a ways to go, but definitely today was a very positive day.”
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/...returning.html

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Milanovich has high expectations for Kashif Moore.

Kashif Moore is a speedster, a football burner who is looking forward to next Tuesday’s pre-season opener against Winnipeg.
    He joined the Argos late last season, a time that allowed him some exposure to the Toronto offence. He was at the team’s Florida camp last month and was an early arrival to this year’s main camp.
    He’s a receiver who can line up in the return game, excited at the opportunity and grateful to the Boatmen — but now more is being asked of Moore.
    “Kashif has some talents, but he’s making too many mental mistakes,’’ said head coach Scott Milanovich.
    “He’s one of the guys who needs to show he can be trusted to be where he’s supposed to be and do what he’s supposed to do.
    “He has enough talent. He has to get into his book.”
    Moore says he’s past that stage where he’s thinking, allowing his instincts and skills to take over.
    “It’s going well,’’ he said of camp. “We’re installing a lot plays and I’m trying to come out and play fast. It’s all about speed every time I’m out here.”
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/04...f-kashif-moore

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    It looks like Anthony Coombs has fully recovered from his shoulder injury and has impressed Milanovich.

[QUOTE]
    When training camp opened almost a week ago, the Toronto Argonauts' sophomore slotback/running back was tasked with coming down the line of scrimmage and blocking a defensive end. At the snap of the ball, the five-foot-nine, 190-pound Winnipeg native lowered his shoulder to deliver the blow.
    "I didn't think about it, I just went in and hit him," Coombs said. "He gave me a good pop and it (shoulder) didn't pop out.
    "I felt no pain but actually didn't realize until after, 'Hey, you know what this is feeling pretty good.' It was a reassuring feeling for my confidence that I could move on and concentrate on getting better." ...
    And on Friday, Coombs also saw practice time at wide receiver.
    "He's doing a very nice job," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said of Coombs. "We moved him to a different spot just to kind of keep him working with his flexibility in different spots we could put him in.
    "He's really had an excellent camp, one of the best camps of all the guys. We're just trying to find different ways to get him on the field."

Coombs said he's much more comfortable at training camp now than he was last year as a rookie.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.cp24.com/sports/argos-ant...gery-1.2408462

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrym View Post
    Milanovich has high expectations for Kashif Moore.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/04...f-kashif-moore

Interesting that Moore seems to think that he has the system down pat ,and now needs only to let "his instincts and skills take over" "Its going well", says Moore. Milo seems to have a very different view of his progress, when he says " He has to get into his book." Worlds apart -- at least that's the picture that FZ paints.
    One oar still in the water !

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    DE - Dexter Davis, a former NFL'er who has kicked around mostly on the PR, has retired. I don't think he was making this team regardless. The battle behind Rickey Foley in the rotation will come down to the incumbent Aston Whiteside, Martez Wilson or Dontay Moch. Although I noticed that Martin Wright moved inside and out and showed some mobility and ability on the outside. I'd say there is a good chance 2 of those 4 Americans make this team -- in one form or another.

Aaron Kelly was also released. Also not surprised, given the emergence of another big receiver (Tori Gurley). Kelly was virtually a non-factor in the Winnipeg game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    The Argos Head Coach fills in the media on some injuries, a retirement, as well as how some of the new players are progressing.
    The Argos Head Coach fills in the media on some injuries, a retirement, as well as how some of the new players are progressing.
    Milanovich discusses injuries, retirements, QBs, and player progression during TC. Waud and Josey discuss first game.

http://www.argonauts.ca/video/index/id/111039

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Chad Owens talks about the rookie receivers and Andre Durie.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle24973519/