Quote Originally Posted by Tau Ceti View Post
Nothing about Rogers recent behaviour suggests they want to kiss and make up by taking a token CFL game a week. And TSN is not well advised to go multi-network with the last property in Canada they have exclusive rights over. Jays = Rogers. NHL = (mostly) Rogers. Raptors = split. If TSN also went for a split on CFL rights they'd essentially be crowning themselves a subordinate network. From a fan's perspective a multi-network deal would seem good for the game but I don't think it aligns with Bell/TSN thinking and we ought to consider that.
Not understanding why anyone would be pining for Rogers to air CFL. Their NHL coverage is god awful I don't need to see a panel with 4 Rod Blacks discussing 3 down ball. Ok, granted Randorf is there but am just not interested in seeing the sportsnet style of production. I'd be worried if TSN started shuffling off blue chip CFL content to other networks when they have very little blue chip content to air right now. Their reupping the CFL is good news and makes for a commited partnership.

Is anyone aware of the financials behind this extension?