Thread: Blake Sims

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...g_players.html
    Here is a photo of Kilgore in NFL team uniform, so for most people in Toronto, he must be the better QB

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by paulwoods13 View Post
    IMO he's a much better option as veteran insurance than any of the other names bandied about (Brink, Troy Smith etc.). And all he is is insurance in case we lose Harris. I love how people rip a move like this without offering a more palatable alternative.
    Other QB names have been offered in recent posts on the subject: Brink, Quinton Porter, I suggested why not give a look to Vanier winning QB Gabe Cousineau. the limited and often iffy to terrible "CFL experience" of stiffs like MacPherson or Brink mean little to me other than stay away; I'd be happy with going with the guys they have who have been around TC; maybe the Argos should have been in the bidding for a vet like Kevin Glenn? - but he is a very limited talent that would indicate desperation IMO. Point is IMO - MacPherson has shown to be a most limited to useless talent at QB in his CFL opportunities and I see zero reason to have any faith what-so-ever in this guy as some sort of "insurance". IF Harris goes down and Ray is still not ready - they'd be better off going with one of the young guys and help him by varying the offence (lots of ground game support instead of all dink& dunk passing) rather than thinking a MacPherson could do anything running the same old all-pass offence with no experience on the team or with an offence or supporting cast that he does not know.
    Last edited by OV Argo; 06-13-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    This is really getting old, OV. Your old chestnut of "You only disagree with me because you are a simpleton who blindly accept everything management does" is not an argument, it's a childish retort.
    No kidding. I think OV's MO is getting a little tired around here. It's not a trial by mob quite yet, but reading someone bitch about everything the Argos do is quickly not becoming welcome here. You would think he just got fired from the Argos! As for McPherson, it's not like the Argos are going to win or lose the Grey Cup with him. The other option was a terrible looking Sims taking up that roster spot, so it is an upgrade/depth move for sure.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argonaut11xx View Post
    UM..wobbler...stop the PERSONAL attacks....
    No worries there.

Ravi & I are old CFL fan forum buddies (going way back to Total CFL years or eons ago, eh Ravi) - we may disagree on many things CFL and about are cherished Argos, but I have the utmost respect for Ravi as a CFL fan poster/commentator = one of the most knowledgeable and respectful CFL fans I know of. We make take the odd jibe shot at either other, but we can agree to disagree I believe ? Wobbler may have thought he needed to come to the defence of Ravi here, but he's a big boy who can stick up for himself I believe.

Don't like hearing opinions that fly against the norm of whatever Argo team thinkers do ? - then this is maybe not the best forum to view here - unless you just like hearing Argo cheerleading. I do like viewing the real Argo cheerleaders however.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    No worries there.

Ravi & I are old CFL fan forum buddies (going way back to Total CFL years or eons ago, eh Ravi) - we may disagree on many things CFL and about are cherished Argos, but I have the utmost respect for Ravi as a CFL fan poster/commentator = one of the most knowledgeable and respectful CFL fans I know of. We make take the odd jibe shot at either other, but we can agree to disagree I believe ? Wobbler may have thought he needed to come to the defence of Ravi here, but he's a big boy who can stick up for himself I believe.

Don't like hearing opinions that fly against the norm of whatever Argo team thinkers do ? - then this is maybe not the best forum to view here - unless you just like hearing Argo cheerleading. I do like viewing the real Argo cheerleaders however.

OV has characterized our relationship well! He was away from the forum for a bit last season and I missed him and I don't think I was the only one.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    How can that possibly be the conclusion you've drawn from today's posts?!

OV, you are our CIS expert. Your contributions regarding Canadian University prospects are *gold*, IMHO. As with any other forum member, your opinions - concordant or discordant - on any Argo-related topic are welcome. Can you understand that your dismissal of other people's opinions is the problem?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    OV hears what he wants to hear and is prone to remarks that diminish the opinions of anyone who doesn't share his own. It annoys me from time to time as well, but I've learned that there's no point trying to encourage hm to engage in a more courteous discourse. It just won't happen. But despite that I have not wanted to use the "ignore" option on him.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    I personally enjoy the banter with OV. My only wish would be that he would come up with some new catch phrases. Canadians need not apply was so yesterday.

It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I personally enjoy the banter with OV. My only wish would be that he would come up with some new catch phrases. Canadians need not apply was so yesterday.

Hey AV - how did Matt Black look so far in Argo TC ? - did he get to apply for a starting secondary job or was he just pencilled in as a back-up safety and all-around back-up DB ? Seems to me - the Argos secondary is crying out for some experience & leadership that a vet like Black could bring perhaps ? Or maybe the new and raw rookie corners and D-halfs are superb talents who will lead a shut-down type secondary ? - we shall see.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Hey AV - how did Matt Black look so far in Argo TC ? - did he get to apply for a starting secondary job or was he just pencilled in as a back-up safety and all-around back-up DB ? Seems to me - the Argos secondary is crying out for some experience & leadership that a vet like Black could bring perhaps ? Or maybe the new and raw rookie corners and D-halfs are superb talents who will lead a shut-down type secondary ? - we shall see.
    Hard to evaluate since he has been hurt most of camp. I really pull for him. His father is at almost every practice, and we talk a lot. Really nice man.

Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Looks like Saskatchewan picked up Blake Sims. Wonder how fast he'll move up the ranks their. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Argos Season Ticket Holder 2016-2021.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    He could move up pretty fast if Brett Smith keeps looking like he'd rather be someplace else, though in fairness he might look a lot more comfortable after taking all the reps in practice.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    If neither Smith nor Sims work out, Taman can give Barker a call to find out who else he has looked at.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:

Level
    Maybe we'll find out now whether 8 days was enough time to evaluate this QB. Maybe these rookie QBs are coming into the league so much better trained than before, so much so that they "get" the CFL game a lot faster. Rakeem Cato looked like a player right from his first snap, and so did James Franklin, these are two talented QBs who could be great ones in this league, right from the get-go. That never used to happen.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:

Level
    With Glenn out, it appears the Argos will face a QB trio of Smith, Sunseri & Sims on the 8th. Although the way young CFL QB's have performed this season thus far, the Defense has to be aware.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Maybe we'll find out now whether 8 days was enough time to evaluate this QB. Maybe these rookie QBs are coming into the league so much better trained than before, so much so that they "get" the CFL game a lot faster. Rakeem Cato looked like a player right from his first snap, and so did James Franklin, these are two talented QBs who could be great ones in this league, right from the get-go. That never used to happen.
    I think you need to see more than 3 games and 1 1/2 quarters before determining that anyone is going to be a "great one" in this league.

But what would I expect from a man that posted this after the pre-season game #1. The sky was certainly falling that night.

. I was very disappointed with Trevor Harris. I didn't see anything to show he has progressed from last year. His completions were mostly checkdowns, and his incompletions looked like lack of arm strength. I didn't see any leadership from him at all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    If neither Smith nor Sims work out, Taman can give Barker a call to find out who else he has looked at.
    Or he can call Barker to apply as a ball boy

Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    He could move up pretty fast if Brett Smith keeps looking like he'd rather be someplace else, though in fairness he might look a lot more comfortable after taking all the reps in practice.
    They only had one practice this week so I not sure he's gotten too many first string reps.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I think you need to see more than 3 games and 1 1/2 quarters before determining that anyone is going to be a "great one" in this league.
    Well what would I expect from a "man" who doesn't understand the difference between "could be a great one" and "will be a great one". They are two very different statements. Keep up the nit-picking, Angelo my friend, but please represent my words more accurately.

But can anyone explain how it is that rookies like Cato and Franklin can step in and look good in their first game? Is it beginner's luck, or the start of a trend of better prepared rookie QBs? If Sims steps up and looks good for Sasky, we'd certainly have to start considering that possibility.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well what would I expect from a "man" who doesn't understand the difference between "could be a great one" and "will be a great one". They are two very different statements. Keep up the nit-picking, Angelo my friend, but please represent my words more accurately.

But can anyone explain how it is that rookies like Cato and Franklin can step in and look good in their first game? Is it beginner's luck, or the start of a trend of better prepared rookie QBs? If Sims steps up and looks good for Sasky, we'd certainly have to start considering that possibility.
    Maybe they are just better pro QB's than Sims. You seem to think that big time SEC players are locks to be future stars in the league.

Funny how you conveniently forgot to defend your ripping apart of Harris in the pre season. He looked pretty damn good in his first start last year too, but you weren't so quick to compliment him the way you have Cato and Franklin. Probably because he didn't in play 1A div ball.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I agree. With a 0-5 and a big dropoff from last year, most coaches have little patience because they know the next job lost could be their own (although that is more likely to happen at the end of the season). So Sims may well get his chance, however briefly.