Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I hate the rule change in the secondary. Offences shouldn't get to improve only at the expense of limiting what has always been good hard defence. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to an off season of finishing drives. Personally, I don't like sitting in the crowd, watching what I think is a good play, and then before I can get excited about it, have to look and see it the officials throw a flag. Thre is going to be 30 flags a game at the beginning of the season, and I believe something like that can turn away a lot of possible fans just as much as low scoring can.

Agree big-time AV: sick of all the rule changes in sport that supposedly are to make the game better but often don\t; and I am more of a sports old school, traditional purist i guess (?) - still po'd that the CFL does not feature 25 yard end zones (;O)) - the rule changes this year are garbage IMO - just as is the moron NFL kick-off rule now that sees most kick-offs result in no return.

Wayyyy too many flags in the CFL now with refs thinking the have to be or ending up as such a factor. Friend of mine who used to be a big CFL fan but is probably more into the NFL now, has been referring to the CFL as the Constant Flag League for years now - he will be laughing in disgust this year I bet.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Agree big-time AV: sick of all the rule changes in sport that supposedly are to make the game better but often don\t; and I am more of a sports old school, traditional purist i guess (?) - still po'd that the CFL does not feature 25 yard end zones (;O)) - the rule changes this year are garbage IMO - just as is the moron NFL kick-off rule now that sees most kick-offs result in no return.

Wayyyy too many flags in the CFL now with refs thinking the have to be or ending up as such a factor. Friend of mine who used to be a big CFL fan but is probably more into the NFL now, has been referring to the CFL as the Constant Flag League for years now - he will be laughing in disgust this year I bet.
    I actually do like the convert change though. It takes the automatic aspect out of it. Long time since guys like Cutler and Ilesic would miss a few converts every year. I would go for 2 almost every time if I was coaching...with the exception being a 1 point giving you the lead.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Actually I was a little surprised at the lower number of pass interference flags in the first two games. Still lots of the ones we have been seeing over the years though such as no yards, rough play, off side and holding etc. Someone pointed out that the American players are used to the 5 yard rule before they come to the CFL so it isn't that big an adjustment for them as the Canadian players and Imports who have been playing up here for a number of years. So it may not be that bad over all.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    Actually I was a little surprised at the lower number of pass interference flags in the first two games.
    At the Argos game, the officials actually called an illegal contact on an eligible receiver against the Argos...on a straight running play. Is that even possible? Is the defender not allowed to shed his block past 5 yards until the ball has crossed the line of scrimmage? I somehow doubt that was a proper call, but as usual Dave Foxcroft is lost when it comes to the actual rules of the game....Worst head ref ever...I guess the league owes his father some favours.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    At the Argos game, the officials actually called an illegal contact on an eligible receiver against the Argos...on a straight running play. Is that even possible? Is the defender not allowed to shed his block past 5 yards until the ball has crossed the line of scrimmage? I somehow doubt that was a proper call, but as usual Dave Foxcroft is lost when it comes to the actual rules of the game....Worst head ref ever...I guess the league owes his father some favours.
    I worry when I see Dave Foxcroft officiating an Argos game.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force