Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Hey guys. I'll post more of my thoughts on the QB situation soon, but first give me some more time to beat this dead horse over here.

Ugh, (kick), take that! Hiya! Judo Chop!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argotom View Post
    The same thing can be said about the Argos since winning the GC.
    Uhhhhhhh well stated Tom got me there.......I guess??

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoZ View Post
    Hey guys. I'll post more of my thoughts on the QB situation soon, but first give me some more time to beat this dead horse over here.

Ugh, (kick), take that! Hiya! Judo Chop!
    Hope I'm not dating myself, but...Sounds like a Happy Days reference when Joannie and Richie took judo lessons and she flipped him during class, she flipped him after class...she flipped him all the way home.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    The same thing can be said about the Argos since winning the GC.
    You mean the Eskimos also had part of their practice facility go up in flames, and had less and less money to spend each year? Poor Edmonton!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    While 3-year contracts are hardly carved in stone, having Barker and Milanovich extended is better than not having them extended.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    You mean the Eskimos also had part of their practice facility go up in flames, and had less and less money to spend each year? Poor Edmonton!
    Oh yeah, and won the Grey Cup!!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    We are not talking about the quality of the business side here, as clearly the Argos are/were the worst.
    Thankfully this has started to change.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    KC, certainly the Esks had no problem trading Ricky to us in 2012.
    Let's review.
    Ultimately this move resulted in that team signing FA Mike Reilly and few should argue how the Esks are a better team with Reilly around then had they not made the deal.
    After the great 2012 season, Ricky had injuries in 13 which forced us to use Zack, who came out as a legitimate first stringer.
    The Cats had no problem letting Henry go when it was evident he was done and in comes Zack.
    Had we traded Ricky just like the Esks, after the 13 season, there is evidence how either the Peg or Ottawa would have given up likely a first round pick.
    We would have signed Zack and for me there is no question the team would have been in better shape with Collaros as the first stringer and Harris as back up.
    1. The Esks were morons for trading Ray and it set their franchise back at least 3 years. Since the trade, they have done jack squat.

2. Reilly has had one better than average year. I'm not ready to put him in the same league with Ray, Durant, etc.

3. The TiCats gambled by letting Burris go and taking on ZC, more than likely because Austin and Burris butted heads and because Burris has a sky-high salary. As AV said, last year's Hamilton's offense was not very impressive. And Burris played with a horrid offensive line and crappy receivers in Ottawa.

4. The book is still out on Collaros.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    KC, certainly the Esks had no problem trading Ricky to us in 2012.
    Let's review.
    Ultimately this move resulted in that team signing FA Mike Reilly and few should argue how the Esks are a better team with Reilly around then had they not made the deal.
    After the great 2012 season, Ricky had injuries in 13 which forced us to use Zack, who came out as a legitimate first stringer.
    The Cats had no problem letting Henry go when it was evident he was done and in comes Zack.
    Had we traded Ricky just like the Esks, after the 13 season, there is evidence how either the Peg or Ottawa would have given up likely a first round pick.
    We would have signed Zack and for me there is no question the team would have been in better shape with Collaros as the first stringer and Harris as back up.
    You seem to be forgetting that both Zack and Reilly have missed significant time due to injuries. In modern football, most qbs lose a fair amount of playing time due to injuries. Not even youth and good health guarantee avoiding this problem. You also may of heard of a couple of qbs, named Allen and Calvillo, who many were thought washed up in their mid 30s or even later, in part due to injuries or illness, who went on to have some success in the league. Obviously, age does increase injury risk, but there are no guarantees at any age of avoiding a career-ending or limiting injury. Under those circumstances, I'd prefer a future Hall of Famer over those with a limited degree of success.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    1. The Esks were morons for trading Ray and it set their franchise back at least 3 years. Since the trade, they have done jack squat.

2. Reilly has had one better than average year. I'm not ready to put him in the same league with Ray, Durant, etc.

3. The TiCats gambled by letting Burris go and taking on ZC, more than likely because Austin and Burris butted heads and because Burris has a sky-high salary. As AV said, last year's Hamilton's offense was not very impressive. And Burris played with a horrid offensive line and crappy receivers in Ottawa.

4. The book is still out on Collaros.
    Agree with what you have said except I do think Collaros is the real deal, based on what he previously showed in Toronto and how he performed down the stretch last season when he returned from injury.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    The timing was bad for the Argos and Collaros. A couple of years earlier (before Ricky) or later and he probably would have been a long time Argo QB. He could see the playing time wasn't going to be great behind Ricky Ray in the immediate future and jumped ship. The Argos liked to say Collaros and Harris were 1 and 1A as back ups, but obviously Zack would have been The Guy minus Ricky. Hopefully Harris can now succeed and be able to gradually take over from Ricky in a couple of years. I can see him getting more playing time even when Ricky comes back, IF he plays well in the next 4, 5 or 6 games.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    The timing was bad for the Argos and Collaros. A couple of years earlier (before Ricky) or later and he probably would have been a long time Argo QB. He could see the playing time wasn't going to be great behind Ricky Ray in the immediate future and jumped ship. The Argos liked to say Collaros and Harris were 1 and 1A as back ups, but obviously Zack would have been The Guy minus Ricky. Hopefully Harris can now succeed and be able to gradually take over from Ricky in a couple of years. I can see him getting more playing time even when Ricky comes back, IF he plays well in the next 4, 5 or 6 games.
    We can definitely say and there are only a few here that are honest enough to admit how Zach is the one that got away.
    What a shame, our own true tried developed QB.
    I see he was rated 11th best in the TSN Top 50.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    We can definitely say and there are only a few here that are honest enough to admit how Zach is the one that got away.
    What a shame, our own true tried developed QB.
    I see he was rated 11th best in the TSN Top 50.
    I don't think anyone disputes that Collaros is likely going to be a great QB. What we are disputing is the notion that they should have dumped Ray to allow him to be the starter. Only fools (Eric Tillman) get rid of proven, great players for players that have potential, but are still relatively unproven.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleblue View Post
    BOOM, this^^

It didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.
    Last edited by ArgoZ; 06-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    I don't think anyone disputes that Collaros is likely going to be a great QB. What we are disputing is the notion that they should have dumped Ray to allow him to be the starter. Only fools (Eric Tillman) get rid of proven, great players for players that have potential, but are still relatively unproven.

Again you are making a derogatory statement based on your opinion.
    With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential super star 10 years his junior.
    A few of us only on this board said how Zach was a keeper and RR should be traded while he has some marketability then to either the Peg or new Ottawa franchise.
    What a mistake, that may set back the franchise for years if Harris does not step up.
    Similarly, Harris is not in Zach's league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    BOOM, this^^

I'd didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.
    That's ridiculous for you to say that, frankly classes from the Angelo school no doubt.
    This issue and yes I bring it up on occasions now during this period of instability in the QB position and especially when Ricky is hurt and frankly his future is uncertain.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Harris may turn out be in a higher league than Zach, the same league or in a lower one. It is way too early to make any conclusions about that IMO.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Again you are making a derogatory statement based on your opinion.
    With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential super star 10 years his junior.
    A few of us only on this board said how Zach was a keeper and RR should be traded while he has some marketability then to either the Peg or new Ottawa franchise.
    What a mistake, that may set back the franchise for years if Harris does not step up.
    I give up. I don't know why I even bother arguing with someone that contradicts himself as often as you do.

You always complain that I make derogatory comments, and then you respond to someone else's response with this:

That's ridiculous for you to say that, frankly classes from the Angelo school no doubt.
    This issue and yes I bring it up on occasions now during this period of instability in the QB position and especially when Ricky is hurt and frankly his future is uncertain.
    So if someone disagrees with you, you just decide to call his opinion ridiculous and throw in an extra jab at me.

Pot..meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by argotom
    With your so called logic, I can then say only fools keep an aging QB whose best before date has/is expiring at the expense of an up and coming potential
    So I take it you were all for not re-signing Matt Dunigan in '92 and going with Ricky Foggie?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Look up your posts. It's all you ever talk about! Well, post Cleo Lemon. That's the point, STOP, we get it! Our backup is getting a chance to play. Let Collaros go man, and if you can't, buzz off to the Hammer. Everything is going to be alllllriggggght.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    It didn't work out. We must move on. It WAS the right decision. We just hate hearing the same old thing, over and over, how Collaros shoulda, coulda, woulda been our savior. He's a good QB, but let's move on once and for all. If Zack gives someone that big of a boner, then they might as well go down the highway and follow the Cats. That's best for everyone.
    Not so fast, my friend.

If Hamilton's QB'ing is better than ours -- this year and next year-- then any reasonable person would conclude that it was the wrong decision.

Of course it's over and done with, and all the crying isn't going to bring him back. But it's not that easy to ignore. He's the QB of the fricken TiCats. From here on out our quarterbacking will and should be compared to his.