Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Zach is still learning as we can see by that ill advised INT he threw last night. But the way the game is being played now with so much emphasis on getting to the QB, I can't see any No. 1 playing the whole season. Even with the extras rules protection, QB's are getting hit and hit hard. Back ups are going to be more valuable then ever. It may come down to who has the most quality depth that can win the East. So if Harris can play like we are expecting him to, that gives the Argos maybe the best 1-2 punch in the East. IMO

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

If Hamilton's QB'ing is better than ours -- this year and next year-- then any reasonable person would conclude that it was the wrong decision.

Of course it's over and done with, and all the crying isn't going to bring him back. But it's not that easy to ignore. He's the QB of the fricken TiCats. From here on out our quarterbacking will and should be compared to his.
    I agree with this. I'm on record as preferring to keep RR and let ZC go but the decision will be debated until the answer is obvious. Which isn't now.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    This Collaros man-love has officially become tiresome. Anyone still wanting to make puppy-dog eyes at the Ticats QB should go to the Ticats forum.

He's dirt, he's scum, he's roadkill, he's evil, he sucks, he cheats on his taxes, and he is the enemy. If you can't get on board with this, GTFO!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    This Collaros man-love has officially become tiresome. Anyone still wanting to make puppy-dog eyes at the Ticats QB should go to the Ticats forum.

He's dirt, he's scum, he's roadkill, he's evil, he sucks, he cheats on his taxes, and he is the enemy. If you can't get on board with this, GTFO!
    Agreed 100%. As Argo fans, we really need to look at him the same way Cats fans looked at O'Shea all those years. He CHOSE to leave. And before his apologists bring up that the Argos released him, it was obviously because contract negotiations were going nowhere. Impossible to sign someone that doesn't want to stay.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Not so fast, my friend.

If Hamilton's QB'ing is better than ours -- this year and next year-- then any reasonable person would conclude that it was the wrong decision.

Of course it's over and done with, and all the crying isn't going to bring him back. But it's not that easy to ignore. He's the QB of the fricken TiCats. From here on out our quarterbacking will and should be compared to his.
    Remains to be seen. Last year Hamilton's QBing was NOT better than the Argos. There defence and ST's were significantly better. Furthermore, who's to say that after this or next season (whenever he becomes a FA), he won't go to a higher bidder or better situation again? In football today (both pro leagues) there is so much turnover, it is almost impossible to build for 5 years down the road.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post

Agree 100%
    Argonauts gave him his break and he didn't want to wait a couple of years to eventually take over so see you later.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    I read this today on Rod Pedersen's blog.
    "Lynch reported that a "credible source" told him Argos GM Jim Barker has applied for the Roughriders' GM job. I notified Lynch that Barker signed an extension with the Argos when the team's ownership changed hands last spring however John stood by his rumour."

I don't buy this for a second. After what Barker has been through since he's been with the Argos, and the success he's brought. I makes no sense to leave with new owners and stadium up for next year plus the extension.

Maybe they're so sour out there about the season they have to cause crap with other teams!!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Probably just payback, because it's been said that Barker was the one who started the Huf to Saskatchewan rumours.