Hybrid View

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level

Brandon Bridge now leading the Als...

Somebody check on OVA to make sure he hasn't passed out from joy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Crompton has continued from where he left off last season....as has Burris.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Idiotic to believe Bridge went in the 4th round. I'm not saying he's a great QB, but he DOES have some skills and how great it would be for a Canadian QB to have success in the CFL. It just shows how the current roster rules are against Canadian QBs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Given that he is a third string rookie QB who was seeing his first regular season action coming off the bench, I thought that Bridge performed fairly well tonight and did not look out of place. Too bad for him that his defence could not give him one last chance late in the game to win it.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by KCargosfan View Post
    Somebody check on OVA to make sure he hasn't passed out from joy.
    Dang - and Bridge looked OK - threw a bad pick but also had some nice completions and got let down by vet receivers Lewis & Green dropping catchable balls; and then as Ravi said - his over-rated D could not get him the ball back for a chance at some late game heroics.

First Canadian QB to play a meaningful down in the CFL since 96 (Carravata & Jusdanis); and here I wuz hoping that the 2016 season could have been a nice 20th year anniversary to mark the lack of Canadian QBs in the CFL. Coulda stopped mid-game and had some GOB types come out and give a speech or something to help celebrate - Huff, Wally or Roy Shivers on hand to mark the occassion with a cliched speech about lack of talent or arm strength or proper training and how they just "need to win" and can't afford to look at Canadian stiffs at QB so they could play Tanner Marsh or Justin Goltz or Tino Sunscreen or Dickhead types instead. Sadly - not to be - damn that confounded Bridge.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Dang - and Bridge looked OK - threw a bad pick but also had some nice completions and got let down by vet receivers Lewis & Green dropping catchable balls; and then as Ravi said - his over-rated D could not get him the ball back for a chance at some late game heroics.

First Canadian QB to play a meaningful down in the CFL since 96 (Carravata & Jusdanis); and here I wuz hoping that the 2016 season could have been a nice 20th year anniversary to mark the lack of Canadian QBs in the CFL. Coulda stopped mid-game and had some GOB types come out and give a speech or something to help celebrate - Huff, Wally or Roy Shivers on hand to mark the occassion with a cliched speech about lack of talent or arm strength or proper training and how they just "need to win" and can't afford to look at Canadian stiffs at QB so they could play Tanner Marsh or Justin Goltz or Tino Sunscreen or Dickhead types instead. Sadly - not to be - damn that confounded Bridge.
    How could there be Canadian QB talent if they dont play in the NCAA...ooops Bridge did. OK give him a shot. Whatever, the league is run by Americans who despite the lip service that says this is a Canadian game, continue to give the hand to American players, because A) its easier and B) its the way the league is set-up, because for the last 50+ years the GMs and coaches have been American, what do you expect? You will only get Canadian talent where you need/have to put it. In OUR league.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argos1873 View Post
    How could there be Canadian QB talent if they dont play in the NCAA...ooops Bridge did. OK give him a shot. Whatever, the league is run by Americans who despite the lip service that says this is a Canadian game, continue to give the hand to American players, because A) its easier and B) its the way the league is set-up, because for the last 50+ years the GMs and coaches have been American, what do you expect? You will only get Canadian talent where you need/have to put it. In OUR league.
    Hey, hey - settle down; enough with the GOB heresy.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post

How is Calvillo not the Quarterbacks Coach? It boggles the mind.

Good effort by Bridge. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him, and also Cato, although I would have liked Crompton have played this entire game: that might have been enough for a fairly significant dollop of yea or nay.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo View Post
    How is Calvillo not the Quarterbacks Coach? It boggles the mind.
    I'm sure he does a bit of QB coaching, but he's trying to become more well-rounded as he tries to move up the coaching ladder.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    I only caught part of this game, but it looked like a very good performance by Bridge under the circumstances. More importantly, it was pretty nice to see Montreal implode.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Like others have stated, I thought Bridge looked good considering he literally had no practice reps and is a rookie, and is Canadian (joking, chill out). He should have been 7 of 10 as two of his passes were dropped. Only bad throw was the interception.

Crompton, on the other hand, looked horrid after the first drive. Also, how do you not keep giving the ball to Tyrell Sutton? Dude was tearing it up.

Who will the Als sign at QB now as LeFevour is going to be out a long time?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Like others have stated, I thought Bridge looked good considering he literally had no practice reps and is a rookie, and is Canadian (joking, chill out). He should have been 7 of 10 as two of his passes were dropped. Only bad throw was the interception.

Crompton, on the other hand, looked horrid after the first drive. Also, how do you not keep giving the ball to Tyrell Sutton? Dude was tearing it up.

They still have rookie Raheem Cato and Tanner Marsh is on the 6 game injured list. I don't know if Marsh is close enough to full health to pull him off the injured list early though.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Bridge didn't look out of place, which is commendable. One throw (his first?) was saved by Stamps making a great catch. Cue the Calvillo 'Learn To Be a CFL QB In 10 Days' course. Cato is also interesting.

Dominique Davis if they're interested in another intriguing young talent. And why not? Considering what's available on the retread shelf. As I've said before, the Als really should have resigned Adrian McPherson when they had the (long-lasting) chance.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

Dominique Davis if they're interested in another intriguing young talent. And why not? Considering what's available on the retread shelf. As I've said before, the Als really should have resigned Adrian McPherson when they had the (long-lasting) chance.
    I concur that the Als should have gone after McPherson.

I doubt Montreal goes after Davis as he would be similar to Bridge and Cato (rookie, can run and throw).

Interesting times, as now both BC and Montreal have 2 rookies as backups (assuming Montreal puts Cato into the lineup and Marsh isn't ready).

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    I thought Bridge looks like he has the potential to be a starter down the road....bring him along slowly.
    I bet Crompton would not be the starter by mid season with LeFevour taking over. But now who knows.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Bridge cetainly has a strong arm..very impressive. I really think the Als need to bring him along slowly, or he is going to throw a lot of picks. Had 1 and another called back because of a IMO very questionable RTP penalty. Als offence is going to be horrible this season. I don't think they should just throw him to the Lions and kill his confidence.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    Bridge cetainly has a strong arm..very impressive. I really think the Als need to bring him along slowly, or he is going to throw a lot of picks. Had 1 and another called back because of a IMO very questionable RTP penalty. Als offence is going to be horrible this season. I don't think they should just throw him to the Lions and kill his confidence.
    Given the Als QB situation - let's assume Crompton is either on the shelf due to injury or that he returns and still fails to play well - I'm for giving Bridge all the experience he can handle, perhaps simplifying the offence, at least initially. The Als' rather good running game can be a solid support. If Bridge isn't up to the task at the start of his playing career, there's no cause for blame or psychological damage as long as the situation is stated explicitly by the coaching staff, but then Marsh could be plugged in, I suppose.

I think Higgins and Co. have overestimated the ability of their receiving corp.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Agreed. With the exception of Green, the rest are not what they once were. I really thought Giguere looked very good in Hamilton when Fantuz was hurt last year. Either teams haven't figured out how to use him, or he just can't live up to his potential.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Level
    I'm not sure Stamps will ever regain his old form. I have no doubt Lewis can provide great leadership and blocking, but can he still produce 7+ catches for 100+ yards every second or third game?

Then again, no one thought the Als would bounce back from 1-7 last season, so I'm not writing them off after only one game.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    I'm not sure Stamps will ever regain his old form. I have no doubt Lewis can provide great leadership and blocking, but can he still produce 7+ catches for 100+ yards every second or third game?

Then again, no one thought the Als would bounce back from 1-7 last season, so I'm not writing them off after only one game.
    Apparently you are more optimistic than MMQB on CFl.ca. MMQB seems to believe that the Als and the RedBlacks are no longer even in the CFL. MMQB had in-depth coverage of the three games in the west, with featured coverage of QB injuries and performances. They did not even mention that Ottawa and Montreal played a game. The CFL.ca site is a disgrace and should be cleaned up immediately. Their game time coverage is totally laughable. Take a look at it sometime - you can't tell the score, the time of the game, who has the ball, etc l -- it's information is usually in total conflict with both the updated scoreboard and any written updates. As an embarrassment to the CFl, it even outdoes the referees.
    One oar still in the water !