Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by OV Argo View Post
    Yes - I can see that.
    Oh btw, OV, what did you think of Marc-Olivier Brouillette's comments on tsn.ca when he was comparing the NCAA with the CIS? They are in this clip: http://www.tsn.ca/video/alouettes-no...eek-2-1.322130
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Yes - I can see that.
    Well where ARE you going with this?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    OV .... Cousineau doesn't seem to have interest in playing football at this time in the CFL. He declined the combine and the invitation to the ALS camps. You should give up on trying to put a neglected label on him.
    I heard he declined an invite to the Als' QB "project" camp - where impoverished Canadian QBs get some pro tips in a segregated from the real TC environment (a la Quinlan); I heard nothing about him declining a CFL Combine invite: are you saying he was invited to the main or even one of the regional combines and he declined? - source please; also maybe a source/quote of him saying he has no interest in a CFL try-out ? Have any reports or quotes from CFL "scouts" who may have assessed his CIS season last year after he won a national title ?

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by argolio View Post
    Well where ARE you going with this?
    Ravi finds it convenient to say - in his rush to defend CFL GOB standard policy - that the Als "absolutely" should have started Cato over Bridge simply because he had some better NCAA college ball stats - simple as that is it ?; and yet other times, we hear that great college ball stats can mean nothing for the pros since it is a higher level of competition = sure, OK; and also on the topic of Canadian QBs we often get to hear the same old chant of how CIS trained ones can\t possibly compete against American college trained QBs since they have faced such inferior competition? - so does that apply only for the QB position? - and if so, why not for all other football positions? - since it is plain as day that top notch CIS/Canadian football products at other positions - Fantuz, Durie, Heenan, Brent Jones, Henoc Muamba, Andrew Harris, Ricky Foley or Jermaine Gabriel, for example - are clearly & easily better players than all sorts of American / NCAA trained players who get handed CFL jobs. SO, all those type Canadian players can play in the CFL but the very best Canadian QBs rarely even get a serious CFL look?

Provide an attempt at some answers there if you wish, or it doesn't have to go anywhere and just accept CFL GOB standard operating procedure especially re Canadian QBs.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    Oh btw, OV, what did you think of Marc-Olivier Brouillette's comments on tsn.ca when he was comparing the NCAA with the CIS? They are in this clip: http://www.tsn.ca/video/alouettes-no...eek-2-1.322130

BTW Ravi - what did you make of Yantz's comments on his supposed Bombers "try-out" (sorry can't provide the link - not sure if I saw it somewhere here or maybe on the Riderfans forum)

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    ...just accept CFL GOB standard operating procedure especially re Canadian QBs.
    I vote for this one.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    BTW Ravi - what did you make of Yantz's comments on his supposed Bombers "try-out" (sorry can't provide the link - not sure if I saw it somewhere here or maybe on the Riderfans forum)
    I was surprised that he had such a poor experience at Winnipeg's camp given that the team is run by former CIS people.
    Chad Kelly + Dan Adeboboye + David Ungerer + Damonte Coxie + DaVaris Daniels + Dejon Brissett = Unstoppable Force

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbler View Post
    I vote for this one.
    A big majority of dedicated CFL fans do too, IMO; the vast majority of more casual type fans have no idea about the situation.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    Ravi finds it convenient to say - in his rush to defend CFL GOB standard policy - that the Als "absolutely" should have started Cato over Bridge simply because he had some better NCAA college ball stats - simple as that is it ?; and yet other times, we hear that great college ball stats can mean nothing for the pros since it is a higher level of competition = sure, OK; and also on the topic of Canadian QBs we often get to hear the same old chant of how CIS trained ones can\t possibly compete against American college trained QBs since they have faced such inferior competition? - so does that apply only for the QB position? - and if so, why not for all other football positions? - since it is plain as day that top notch CIS/Canadian football products at other positions - Fantuz, Durie, Heenan, Brent Jones, Henoc Muamba, Andrew Harris, Ricky Foley or Jermaine Gabriel, for example - are clearly & easily better players than all sorts of American / NCAA trained players who get handed CFL jobs. SO, all those type Canadian players can play in the CFL but the very best Canadian QBs rarely even get a serious CFL look?

Provide an attempt at some answers there if you wish, or it doesn't have to go anywhere and just accept CFL GOB standard operating procedure especially re Canadian QBs.
    I'll let Ravi defend what you claim he said.

Don't know who the Als "should" have started since I didn't watch them practice all week, but you make it seem as if the Als should apologize for winning because they didn't choose Bridge. Coupled with the fact that Bridge was not a CIS QB, it makes your diatribe pointless.

I call it being a big suck and making excuses for not performing.

Did Blake Sims get a fair shot at our camp? Rich vehemently says no. Sims, from arguably the most prominent NCAA program going today, should have been GOB exhibit #1 for making our practice roster at the very least, but he didn't even last a week in camp.

Make an impression in camp, or shut up and go home.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    I'll let Ravi defend what you claim he said.

Don't know who the Als "should" have started since I didn't watch them practice all week, but you make it seem as if the Als should apologize for winning because they didn't choose Bridge. Coupled with the fact that Bridge was not a CIS QB, it makes your diatribe pointless.

I call it being a big suck and making excuses for not performing.

Did Blake Sims get a fair shot at our camp? Rich vehemently says no. Sims, from arguably the most prominent NCAA program going today, should have been GOB exhibit #1 for making our practice roster at the very least, but he didn't even last a week in camp.

Make an impression in camp, or shut up and go home.
    You were at Bombers' TC then to observe the competition ?

And I already said on the Als game last night that Cato was IMO outstanding - looks like a very wise decision to go with that young QB; and maybe it was based solely on TC competition to sort out who should be playing; kinda curious then that Cato was not on the opening game roster but Bridge was and got to play (and looked decent) - but maybe Cato was nicked coming out of TC.

And you haven't been following that discussion that closely I guess or you would have heard the inferences that CIS QB or talent in general is so inferior compared to NCAA superstar training (not that the pros should care one iota about "average" talent level of college ball - they are looking for the very best players out of that level) - so if you want to discuss the CIS aspect there (like how all the other CIS products I mentioned at other positions managed to be wayyyyy better than lots of American/NCAA CFL players)- make a specific, informed comment or opinion - or shut up and go home instead of commenting on something you don't get or haven't followed.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Level
    You were at Bombers' TC then to observe the competition ?
    No, were you?

And you haven't been following that discussion that closely I guess or you would have heard the inferences that CIS QB or talent in general is so inferior compared to NCAA superstar training (not that the pros should care one iota about "average" talent level of college ball - they are looking for the very best players out of that level) - so if you want to discuss the CIS aspect there (like how all the other CIS products I mentioned at other positions managed to be wayyyyy better than lots of American/NCAA CFL players)- make a specific, informed comment or opinion - or shut up and go home instead of commenting on something you don't get or haven't followed.
    So if I have any comments that pretty much agree with yours, that's okay, otherwise I shouldn't say anything. Gotcha!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    No, were you?

So if I have any comments that pretty much agree with yours, that's okay, otherwise I shouldn't say anything. Gotcha!

You seem to have no relevant comments on specific issues I'm talking about.

Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupOverdriveCreated Album picturesTagger Second ClassVeteran

Level
    A big majority of dedicated CFL fans do too, IMO; the vast majority of more casual type fans have no idea about the situation.
    I'm not especially bothered by the lack of Canadian QBs in the CFL (and hate the idea of a mandatory Canadian 3rd QB), but I really think that this position should be treated like any other when it comes to the nationality quota.

Since you care a great deal more, why not write a letter to Orridge? Complaining about the problem here, to our audience of dozens of football fans, won't do anything. I'd definitely sign a petition or send a few tweets his way if this issue gained any traction.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    I'm not especially bothered by the lack of Canadian QBs in the CFL (and hate the idea of a mandatory Canadian 3rd QB), but I really think that this position should be treated like any other when it comes to the nationality quota.

Since you care a great deal more, why not write a letter to Orridge? Complaining about the problem here, to our audience of dozens of football fans, won't do anything. I'd definitely sign a petition or send a few tweets his way if this issue gained any traction.
    I agree, Wobbler. A Canadian QB should be treated no differently than a Canadian running back or defensive lineman or defensive back. If a team has a Canadian QB, it should somehow count towards the ratio. I too would sign a petition or whatever is necessary to show my support for such an initiative.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgoRavi View Post
    I agree, Wobbler. A Canadian QB should be treated no differently than a Canadian running back or defensive lineman or defensive back. If a team has a Canadian QB, it should somehow count towards the ratio. I too would sign a petition or whatever is necessary to show my support for such an initiative.
    Count me in for that petition.

For the record, and I know that I am likely labelled a GOB "thinker" here, but I believe that if a Canadian QB is good enough, he will get an opportunity to prove himself. As for the question as why did Bridge dress as #3 over Cato, yet Cato gets the start ahead of Bridge, I believe that Higgins having Bridge ahead of Cato on the original Depth chart was somewhat a political move. Cato certainly out performed Bridge in pre-season going 6 for 6 with a TD compared to Bridge's ever famous 50% completion percentage.
    It's us vs the rest of the country

Bleeds Double Blue
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    I heard he declined an invite to the Als' QB "project" camp - where impoverished Canadian QBs get some pro tips in a segregated from the real TC environment (a la Quinlan); I heard nothing about him declining a CFL Combine invite: are you saying he was invited to the main or even one of the regional combines and he declined? - source please; also maybe a source/quote of him saying he has no interest in a CFL try-out ? Have any reports or quotes from CFL "scouts" who may have assessed his CIS season last year after he won a national title ?
    I've seemed to have lost my scouting reports on Cousineau ..... Tongue in cheek ..... Like I would be on this forum and commenting if I had.
    I never said he has no interest for ever but not at this time. .... Injury? Other interests at this time?
    I generally read various sites ... Including the French sites .... In my readings the past 6 months that seemed to be the general gist ......If I come across any of the comments in my surfing that I can forward on to you I will ..... But I'm not going to spend my time for your proof .... And comment if you like on my intelligence if you want because I don't care!

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Argocister View Post
    I've seemed to have lost my scouting reports on Cousineau ..... Tongue in cheek ..... Like I would be on this forum and commenting if I had.
    I never said he has no interest for ever but not at this time. .... Injury? Other interests at this time?
    I generally read various sites ... Including the French sites .... In my readings the past 6 months that seemed to be the general gist ......If I come across any of the comments in my surfing that I can forward on to you I will ..... But I'm not going to spend my time for your proof .... And comment if you like on my intelligence if you want because I don't care!
    I was just asking questions that I would honestly like to know the answers to (not claiming I know the whole situation there) - sorry if I offended you.

Bleeds Double Blue
    Achievements:

Level

There was an on-line petition on the subject a number of years back (maybe related to a CIS forum, but not sure), and it seemed to get quite a few signatures, including a few former CFL players and former CIS QBs if I recall right. Nice effort I guess, but I have pretty well zero confidence that such a petition would have any affect on CFL thinkers who clearly do not care and accept the way things are (would it not be pretty easy to make a simple change to include QBs in the ratio ? - not that i believe that would do much anyways) - unless maybe you got something like a million signatures from across Canada on the petition = very unlikely IMO.

More intensified media coverage on the subject might help (I didn't read that Wayne Scanlan article with Burris' comments till just this weekend but it was written mid June I believe), but there have been a few critical articles in the past and they accomplished nothing either. And even if there was a football reporter out there who believed strongly in this "cause", he would probably risk losing his job or privileges if he hammered away on the matter? Matt Dunigan has been outspoken too on the matter and he has a high CFL profile but again, no affect. The CFL does not want the boat rocked on this one but it is not a major issue to many anyways IMO so same ole GOB thinking will rule. ;o)

Maybe I'm going to start a petition in support of Canadian D-halfbacks instead - because I can\t name one who has held a regular CFL job since the early 90s (Darryl Sampson with the Bombers) - i.e. a longer period than the one without a Canadian QB starting - those poor, hard done by Canadian D-halfs ;o) - but - another example of a CFL position that is reserved for Americans only - pretty radical, eh?